PDA

View Full Version : Intersting quote from Mike Ryan

MRKARNO
09-18-2003, 04:35 PM
A team like Chicago, the way they swing the bat, 2 1/2 games isn't a lot. These guys have the ability to roll off 10 wins in a row. It just puts more pressure on us to go out there every night and try to win our own ballgame.
-Michael Ryan, Twins Backup OFer

Well he seems to think that the sox could do it if they win tonight. Maybe the twins will collapse under the pressure of beating the easy opponents just like the sox did earlier

mandmandm
09-18-2003, 04:37 PM
I like the optimism from Mike but who is Mike Ryan?

Viva Magglio
09-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm

He's a young outfielder from the Twins, and I think that ball that went off his head in Cleveland has had an obvious effect based upon that quote.

maff
09-18-2003, 04:41 PM
A Twins outfielder.

mandmandm
09-18-2003, 04:45 PM
See, they are worried. I know you could not tell the last two nights but they are definitely worried. Big Bart is going to make them shake in their boots.

soxtalker
09-18-2003, 04:50 PM
I think that this is making sure that the opposing team doesn't have anything to put up on the wall in the clubhouse that would give them added incentive. Of course, the Sox shouldn't need any extra incentive. He's also indicating that the Twins aren't taking anything for granted.

shane
09-18-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by mandmandm

The guy that hit a homerun for the twins last night, followed by a Garland walk, wild pitch, 2 more runs and pretty much a Sox loss. Give him credit, though. His comments prove there is a sensible person on that team.

GhetoFab23
09-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Why isn't anyone satisfied when other teams say something good about us? Everyone always has to make it into a huge deal like they just say that so the Sox have nothing to put on the wall or that they're just scared. Just be happy they say anything like that with how we played.

jortafan
09-20-2003, 06:49 PM
I'd agree that 2 1/2 games is not much of a lead and that the Sox are capable of closing the gap, if the season were one week longer. With only nine games left, I just don't see it happening. I don't expect the Sox to get beaten up anymore. I just don't expect to see Minnesota lose so much so suddenly.