PDA

View Full Version : Lip, they are writing us off ... we're about to rewrite Sox history

Gumshoe
09-18-2003, 01:29 PM
I know I've sounded crazy the last few days. I didn't think what happened would happen. But you know what?

A win tonight and the Sox are out by 1 game (halves are BS, it's 1 in the loss column)

How can you say it's over with 9 to play for the Twins? This is baseball! I don't care how bad the Tigers are. The Sox lost a doubleheader to the Washington Senators to lose the pennant before. Nothing is guaranteed, and if Bartolo gets it done tonight, I cannot think that this is over.

I think we are in for a quick, exciting ride. Everyone is writing us off. Lip, I think you are going to be shocked.

Of course, if we don't win tonight, ouch. I won't post any more about it, then.

I said it before, the Sox will be on TOP. Book it :D:

mandmandm
09-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Keep the faith Gum. Beats walking around being surly for the next 11 days.

Randar68
09-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
I know I've sounded crazy the last few days.

The last few days???? Understatement of the century.

hold2dibber
09-18-2003, 02:40 PM
If they win tonight, they still have a chance. If they lose tonight, they don't. Period.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
If they win tonight, they still have a chance. If they lose tonight, they don't. Period.

I swear I can remember a post just like this from sometime around April 4. I'm pretty sure it was VivaMagglio's.

:)

LASOXFAN
09-18-2003, 04:21 PM
It really is amazing that after tonight we could be one game back with so many to play. I know you all are probably tired of me saying it, but the Twins are not going to win 15 straight. They've won 5 straight coming in to tonight, I believe.

But to read the news you would think there were 3 games left in the season and the Sox were facing instant elimination.

Could Bart shut them down and give us new life? Could this team overcome its own incompetence and that of its manager?

Play ball!

Lip Man 1
09-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Gumshoe:

Accept reality...it's over. see that wasn't so hard!

No more drugs for you...undertsnad!

Lip

Gumshoe
09-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Lip, I know you think it's done, but listen to LASOXFAN, as well as me!

This is SO far from over, and everyone is acting like it's done. There are a LOT of games left!

I just can't stand how the cubs have not been in a greater position than us for 2 weeks but everyone has assumed they are getting in, that they are a lock.

I'm sick of this. Let's report it how it is. No guessing.

Sox on Top, Lip, I won't back down.

Gshoe

TornLabrum
09-18-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
Lip, I know you think it's done, but listen to LASOXFAN, as well as me!

This is SO far from over, and everyone is acting like it's done. There are a LOT of games left!

I just can't stand how the cubs have not been in a greater position than us for 2 weeks but everyone has assumed they are getting in, that they are a lock.

I'm sick of this. Let's report it how it is. No guessing.

Sox on Top, Lip, I won't back down.

Gshoe

Reality: The Sox play 7 games against the Royals and 3 against the Yankees. The Twins play 2 against the Indians and 7 against the Tigers. You know, the team with a good shot at breaking the '62 Mets' modern record for losses in a season. It would take an utter collapse for the Sox to make up the 1.5 games (and halves do count when we're playing the Yankees on the Twins last off day.

Reality. The fork is in the Sox.

Gumshoe
09-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Yes, this was a dagger, but I'm not backing down until we are mathematically gone.

Why can't we score runs???????????????????????????

The only chance now is if the Twins go 4-5 ... it's possible. I hope they choke after thinking they have it.

Bye

Gumshoe, very upset and depressed