PDA

View Full Version : A Sox Fans Promise to Chairman Reinsdorf

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 12:17 PM
Mr Reinsdorf. We came close. Very close this year. I beg you to not "start over" again by getting rid of some players, and replacing them with cheaper/inferior ones. We came Close. If you bring this team back (see what happened when, you feared an arbitration eligible Foulke, and traded him for a Koch, you angered the baseball gods. Dont do this anymore) Everyone back, all of them, I and many many more like me WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR IN FORCE. I PROMISE YOU. I WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY BRING MORE PEOPLE WITH ME. I will make people SOX FANS who otherwise werent. But you have to give ME SOMETHING TO ROOT FOR. I dont come to COmiskey for the Girls, or for the Beer, or because the Media Told me to, I come because I love the White SOX. Give me and future sox fans something to come out to the park for. If you spend, I WILL SPEND. I WILL COME. trust me

Randar68
09-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Mr Reinsdorf. We came close. Very close this year. I beg you to not "start over" again by getting rid of some players, and replacing them with cheaper/inferior ones. We came Close. If you bring this team back (see what happened when, you feared an arbitration eligible Foulke, and traded him for a Koch, you angered the baseball gods. Dont do this anymore) Everyone back, all of them, I and many many more like me WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR IN FORCE. I PROMISE YOU. I WILL SINGLEHANDEDLY BRING MORE PEOPLE WITH ME. I will make people SOX FANS who otherwise werent. But you have to give ME SOMETHING TO ROOT FOR. I dont come to COmiskey for the Girls, or for the Beer, or because the Media Told me to, I come because I love the White SOX. Give me and future sox fans something to come out to the park for. If you spend, I WILL SPEND. I WILL COME. trust me

Send this to the people with the power, Hangar...

Iwritecode
09-18-2003, 12:24 PM

Wow, this looks a lot like the post I just made in the "Payroll" thread. The problem is that JR is saying the same thing we are...

:reinsy

If you (the fans) spend, I will spend.

:fans
If you (the owner) spend, I will spend.

It's a vicious circle...

joecrede
09-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Brining this team back "as is" for next year would be the absolute wrong thing to do. It's time to rebuild.

Lip Man 1
09-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Hanger with respect don't post your letter to Uncle Jerry here, while we agree with you there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

You need to type it up and send it to the man himself since i can say with the utmost confidence that Uncle Jerry doesn't lurk on these boards.

Lip

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Brining this team back "as is" for next year would be the absolute wrong thing to do. It's time to rebuild.

let me clarify, bringing back who should be back and Upgrading with others (Konerko, Valentin,Koch) In other words, GOING FOR IT in the offseason, and Getting BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER
as opposed to getting Cheaper, Slower, Worse.

joecrede
09-18-2003, 01:06 PM
let me clarify, bringing back who should be back and Upgrading with others (Konerko, Valentin,Koch) In other words, GOING FOR IT in the offseason, and Getting BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER

I don't think the core of a championship team is in place beyond these last 11 games. Until they rebuild the core of this team with young, cheap, players, all the Everett's, Alomar's and Colon's are worthless.

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Hanger with respect don't post your letter to Uncle Jerry here, while we agree with you there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

You need to type it up and send it to the man himself since i can say with the utmost confidence that Uncle Jerry doesn't lurk on these boards.

Lip

Oh, I know that Lip, believe me. I posted that out there so maybe word Would filter back to him about it. I Also post things OPEN like this on the off chance that someone in the Chicago/National Media gave a Damn, and saw this and realized that there were Sox Fans out there and maybe do some work for a change and REPORT THIS. For every Mike Kiley in the Media Community, (Whispers: He may secretly be on the cubs payroll) who selfishly continues to publish Propoganda, or Cubpoganda if you will, about that team instead of reporting a story, all in the name of Selling the Cubs, an Thousand Emails/Messages will have to be sent to OFFSET the "damage" Kiley Causes. This will be emailed to him for sure.

Chisox353014
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM

I agree with you on everything here. But I just had to say that the thought of the Sox actually getting slower makes me want to vomit in terror.

Iwritecode
09-18-2003, 01:09 PM

Again? Because rebuilding has worked so well the past 6 years???

I'm sick of rebuilding. It's time to reload. Get the payroll up to a respectable level and get the players in here to win this thing.

86 years and counting...

joecrede
09-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I'm sick of rebuilding. It's time to reload. Get the payroll up to a respectable level and get the players in here to win this thing.

86 years and counting...

We could sign Tejada and re-sign Colon, and Gordon, jack the payroll past $80M. Do we win it all? I don't know, but we wouldn't be the favorites.

shane
09-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

86 years and counting...

I agree here. The team has been rebuilt. This engine just needs some fresh gas. Replace a couple of sparkplugs (Valentin and Konerko) and take the governor off (JM) so we can see the full potential of this thing.

I don't know how to get rid of mistakes like Konerko and Koch, but there's always a bench

Iwritecode
09-18-2003, 01:53 PM
We could sign Tejada and re-sign Colon, and Gordon, jack the payroll past $80M. Do we win it all? I don't know, but we wouldn't be the favorites.

Well, I didn't say we needed to become the Dodgers and spend money just to spend it. But when the (so-called small market) Twins have a higher payroll than a team in the third largest market in the country, something is wrong...