PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice something?

Randar68
09-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Reading the papers the past month or 2, has anyone else noticed something?

Frank Thomas has finally evolved into a guy who can talk to the press and not stick his foot in his mouth. He's saying all the player-speak and placing blame on himself at all times, essentially.

Anyone out there who has been a Frank Thomas-hater because of his so-called "bad attitude" and "unbfriendly media persona" needs to step forward and be baptized here.

Welcome to the Frank Thomas fan club!

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Frank Thomas has finally evolved into a guy who can talk to the press and not stick his foot in his mouth. He's saying all the player-speak and placing blame on himself at all times, essentially.

Anyone out there who has been a Frank Thomas-hater because of his so-called "bad attitude" and "unbfriendly media persona" needs to step forward and be baptized here.

Amazing what a little job security can do for a guy...

Randar68
09-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Amazing what a little job security can do for a guy...

Do you mean a lack of job security?

Jerko
09-18-2003, 11:59 AM
After 13 years it's about time. Does that mean we have 7 more years to go with JM until he learns that losing in April May and June is just as bad as losing in August and September, and that only beating the Cubs and Twins does not a successful season make?

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Do you mean a lack of job security?

No, I meant job security. Frank now has a guaranteed $22M in his pocket if he just keeps taking his options. I think a lot of his anger/frustration and negative press comments were due to the diminished skills clause. Of course having Paul Konerko and Jerry Manuel ripping on him in the press when he was already frustrated didn't help either.

Randar68
09-18-2003, 12:13 PM
No, I meant job security. Frank now has a guaranteed $22M in his pocket if he just keeps taking his options. I think a lot of his anger/frustration and negative press comments were due to the diminished skills clause. Of course having Paul Konerko and Jerry Manuel ripping on him in the press when he was already frustrated didn't help either.

I love Pauly, but they have to do something with him.

Frankly, I am tired of watching this team waste chances and have 3-hit innings where they don't even score. This team needs more speed desperately. When Carlos Lee or your catcher are your fastest every day players, you are in trouble.

idseer
09-18-2003, 12:25 PM

surely you jest! 13 years of mouth and you use 1 month of relative calm to proclaim he's pr savey?
give me a break.

cheeses_h_rice
09-18-2003, 12:30 PM

I thought the Sox could choose to not pick up their option on Frank, though. IIRC, the only way Frank would be back on this team is if both sides agreed to it.

Randar68
09-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by idseer
surely you jest! 13 years of mouth and you use 1 month of relative calm to proclaim he's pr savey?
give me a break.

1 month??? I'd say he's been pretty impressive in that area for most of the year.

But hey, I guess not everyone can see the negative in everything...