PDA

View Full Version : Epitaph

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Now that this season has been flushed away, we must not
let the good things that have Happened go by the wayside. The Sox must not resort to "rebuilding" like theyve done in the past, but must RELOAD. We need to take that next step next season.
Imagine Colon Buehrle and Loiaza together for another season.
Imagine the sox getting a decent #5 guy to back up Garland.
This team is VERY CLOSE. were just a a player or 2, and A MANAGER

chisoxt
09-18-2003, 09:01 AM
And I'm a million dollars away from being a millionaire!

The Sox would never re-sign Colon, nor would I doubt that Colon wants to come back.

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
And I'm a million dollars away from being a millionaire!

The Sox would never re-sign Colon, nor would I doubt that Colon wants to come back.

im sure the Sox are thinking that, but they need a guy thats a VETERAN, and a guy that CAN EAT INNINGS. WE let Colon, then we better have someone exactly in his place. Truth is, we almost got to where we wanted to be BECAUSE OF COLON and his Innings Pitched, and his BIg Time pitching

Hullett_Fan
09-18-2003, 10:14 AM
We definitely need Colon back or we're in store for a long, painful 2004 season. We also need Rauch or someone else (Marte?) to step-up as #5 starter because I forsee a major dropoff from Loaiza.

ChiSoxBobette
09-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Now that this season has been flushed away, we must not
let the good things that have Happened go by the wayside. The Sox must not resort to "rebuilding" like theyve done in the past, but must RELOAD. We need to take that next step next season.
Imagine Colon Buehrle and Loiaza together for another season.
Imagine the sox getting a decent #5 guy to back up Garland.
This team is VERY CLOSE. were just a a player or 2, and A MANAGER
Hopefully J.R. is thinking the same thing that if we can't pull this out this year he knows that this team is close, but only if he keeps this team together and adds to it. Also lets not forget K.W. & J.R. need to get some new blood in here to manage 6 years of watching Jerry Manuel bumble around has got to be enough.

Go White Sox!

CHISOXFAN13
09-18-2003, 11:26 AM
I want some fundamentally sound players in the mix. If that means Thomas must go, then so be it.

I'm tired of the inning-ending double play and pop ups.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I want some fundamentally sound players in the mix. If that means Thomas must go, then so be it.

I'm tired of the inning-ending double play and pop ups.

LOL! If it's double-plays you want jettisoned, here are the guys to boot ahead of Thomas:

:maggs :walnuts
"Man, we must really suck!"

Paulwny
09-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Clemens says he's retiring, he earns $10 mil. King George will start the Colon bidding at $10 mil with a long term contract.
JR might pay the $$$ but the LONG TERM CONTRACT is the killer, unless JR has a change of heart.

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Clemens says he's retiring, he earns $10 mil. King George will start the Colon bidding at $10 mil with a long term contract.
JR might pay the $$$ but the LONG TERM CONTRACT is the killer, unless JR has a change of heart.

Cant tell you how much I hate the Yankees. They need to Keep Colon AWAY from NY, because, as the SOX have tasted already, a good staff/world series staff has Veterans who can EAT INNINGS and put a team on its back and carry them for a month or so. Colon has done that and then some. To just let him walk away is FOOLISH and only guarantees heartache down the line. Like the autorepair commercial goes "you can Pay me NOW, OR pay me MUCH MORE LATER" Heed these words Mr Reinsdorf and KW

Paulwny
09-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Cant tell you how much I hate the Yankees.

There isn't enough space on the world wide web to express my hatred for the evil that exists at yankmee stadium.