PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Rogers Article on Manuel

LASOXFAN
09-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Wow, this one was harsh but right on the nose. Can't believe the stuff about Gardenhire and his opinion on Manuel. Rogers has great sources.

Rogers article (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030917rogers,1,3271384.column?coll=cs-home-headlines)

Lip Man 1
09-18-2003, 01:01 AM
You just beat me to it. WOW what a story! So September 29th looks like the day eh?

I may have to have a beer.

I agree though, even off the record, those comments coming from the Twins about Manager Gandhi are incredible.

Lip

Unregistered
09-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Why do we always keep seeing quotes like this one...

"I'm managing to win every game from here on out," [Jerry Manual] said.

This is a quote from Jerry ON WEDNESDAY!?!?!

Lord knows what the hell he was managing every game for BEFORE Wednesday!

Fire this man. Fire him fast and show no mercy. :angry:

LASOXFAN
09-18-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered

Isn't it just amazing? I was blown away by that statement.

I was glad Rogers called him out on pitching to Ortiz as well as pitching to Stewart.

valposoxfan
09-18-2003, 02:21 AM
It just makes you wonder how this team continued to fight despite the fact that Manuel is completely incompetent. What a statement. He should manage every damn game to win, or least keep close in. As of September 18th, 2003 Jerry Manuel is officially managing every game to win. A lot too late. There is no doubt that his time is done as manager of the Chicago White Sox. If Kenny Williams leaves, that is the end of an era that deserved much much better. The White Sox are a team in danger if this happens. I am worried just thinking about the future. Folks it could be an interesting next decade, and we may see an original charter member club leave it's home. I hate to be the pessimist, but all signs are pointing. Despite this, I still love the White Sox with all my heart, but I can't take the heartbreak once again. This one hurts, alot. I just don't understand why it has to keep happening to us. We deserve better. We are knowledgable and passionate about our team and we get nothing to show for it except bad press and let downs every year. I'm scared about this team and it's future. Hang on folks, it's about to get interesting. R.I.P. 2003 Chicago White Sox Go Sox.

Mammoo
09-18-2003, 02:27 AM
It's amazing how sports management in this town is always one step behind the fans. One must wonder how the season would have turned out if Bobby Valentine had been brought in at mid-year.

Of course, we'll never know. What we do know is that we are deprived of post season baseball again.

WTNY!

Jerry Manuel FAN
09-18-2003, 03:03 AM
JERRY MANUEL SHOULD REMAIN THE MANAGER FOR THE 2004 SEASON!!!! YOU CRYBABIES HAVE NO LOYALTY. WHO CARES WHAT THE MANAGER OF THE TWINS SAYS.....P!SS ON HIM!!!

Greg1983
09-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Jerry Manuel "FAN,"

If that was an ironic statement in your last post, then well done. Good for a laugh.

If that was serious, then it was the most idiotic thread I've ever read. To consider Manuel anything more than a bumbling moron is bad enough, but to accuse people of being racist for calling him a bumbling moron is stupid on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

ihatethecubs
09-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Manuel FAN
JERRY MANUEL SHOULD REMAIN THE MANAGER FOR THE 2004 SEASON!!!! YOU CRYBABIES HAVE NO LOYALTY. WHO CARES WHAT THE MANAGER OF THE TWINS SAYS.....P!SS ON HIM!!!

Jerry, we know it's you... give it up. You're done.

chuckn98229
09-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Manuel should have been history at the All-Star break. It hurts to think about what might have been if a genuine manager had taken over at that time. Kenny did a commendable job acquiring talent for the pennant run - unfortunately he was just throwing pearls to the swine.

Jerko
09-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Hopefully every time Manuel opens his mouth, he opens the door wider to accomodate his exit!!!! "From now on, I'll manage every game to win" or whatever he said. Too bad he didn't have that philosophy in APRIL since even way back then everyone knew the Tigers would suck and the Twins play them 39483 times in September. Maybe that's why you need a big lead at the end of the year which was made impossible by the annual Godforsaken tinkering all of Apirl, May, and June. I hate to say it, but if the Sox are going to lose anyway, do it now, do it big, do it strong. ANYTHING to get this moron out of town! YOUR BIGGEST RIVAL IS HAPPY MANUEL IS THE MANAGER!!!!!!! I hate to say it, because I like a lot of the players on this team, but the White Sox are a laughingstock not only in Chicago, but everywhere now. The MANAGER of the other team is HAPPY that JM has job security cause he knows he sucks so bad. Good heavens.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2003, 09:27 AM
For those of you who have posted here a long time, the significance of what I'm about to say I'm sure will be understood.

I've been following the Sox with great intensity for many years now--especially since the founding of this website way back in 1998. It's hard to get all the nuances of what is happening on the field and inside the clubhouse unless you're inside Chicago, reading the papers and listening to the media's spin on the airwaves.

If you are a Sox Fan and you don't live in Chicago, you owe it to yourself to spend some time reading the online sports pages at the Cubune, Cub-Times, and Southtown. I've NEVER read more column-inches where the gloves simply came off, and the writers spoke what they've only dared hint at before. Today is a real watershed for the Sox in Chicago. What is being discussed today happens VERY RARELY.

Rogers' column is very good, but the beatwriters aren't pulling punches either. There is some serious condemnation going on, and they're backing it up as only those with press passes can.

As a Sox Fan, it's both sad and a relief to read and hear these things. All we need now is to hold the funeral. Only then can we move on with our lives.

Go Sox! God help us all!

bobj4400
09-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I may have to have a beer.

Confirmation of the buffoon Manuel being fired will be cause for a lot more than a beer. I might celebrate like we won the world series...

ChiSoxBobette
09-18-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered

I think Jerry Manuel has gone insane , what the heck has he been doing up until yesterday. They always say that in the American League its easier to manage than in the N.L. because of the D.H. so I would think in the A.L all a manager should have to do is keep is team up , especially for big games(JM take a look at Pena and Gardenhire); and know how to manage his pitching staff and bullpen. Now we know Manuel can not do these things so all we can hope for is that next year is that K.W. & Reinsdorf keep this team together( Robbie Alomar, Carl Everett & Bartolo Colon, Jose Valentine)sign someone who can come off the bench & contribute(Daubach is an everyday player, he can't sit the bench for 10/15 games and then expect him to come in for one game and have a big game)and lastly don't expect Billy Koch to regain anything like he was in the past, either go out and sign a big time stopper or tell Gordon he's the man. Finally after whatever it is 6/7 years TIME FOR JERRY MANUEL TO GO. The years not over yet and crazier things have happened(maybe Detroit can be a spoiler along with Cleveland vs the twinkies)but I think its up to the players now because they have no leadership coming for the manager at all.

34 Inch Stick
09-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
For those of you who have posted here a long time, the significance of what I'm about to say I'm sure will be understood.

I've been following the Sox with great intensity for many years now--especially since the founding of this website way back in 1998. It's hard to get all the nuances of what is happening on the field and inside the clubhouse unless you're inside Chicago, reading the papers and listening to the media's spin on the airwaves.

If you are a Sox Fan and you don't live in Chicago, you owe it to yourself to spend some time reading the online sports pages at the Cubune, Cub-Times, and Southtown. I've NEVER read more column-inches where the gloves simply came off, and the writers spoke what they've only dared hint at before. Today is a real watershed for the Sox in Chicago. What is being discussed today happens VERY RARELY.

Rogers' column is very good, but the beatwriters aren't pulling punches either. There is some serious condemnation going on, and they're backing it up as only those with press passes can.

As a Sox Fan, it's both sad and a relief to read and hear these things. All we need now is to hold the funeral. Only then can we move on with our lives.

Go Sox! God help us all!

What does infrequent WSI poster, Southtown writer and all around prick Joe Cowley have to say about Manuel? Are we still the one's who do not know baseball?

I have not seen him appear again for a while. Maybe he should be the next "celebrity" interview.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
What does infrequent WSI poster, Southtown writer and all around prick Joe Cowley have to say about Manuel? Are we still the one's who do not know baseball?

I have not seen him appear again for a while. Maybe he should be the next "celebrity" interview.

Read it for yourself.

Sox drop another game behind Twins (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/181sd1.htm)

He is silent on Manuel, still talking brave as his entire ship settles beneath the waves. Let's see how long it takes Cowley to begin talking about the obvious. He is already a full-day behind his counterparts.

Jerko
09-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Confirmation of the buffoon Manuel being fired will be cause for a lot more than a beer. I might celebrate like we won the world series...

So would I. If only I knew how.........................

SouthBendSox
09-18-2003, 10:51 AM
fire manuel

drop the out machine Alomars

Dadawg_77
09-18-2003, 12:45 PM
I his article today, Phill says the Twins love the fact that Jerry is the manager of the White Sox. Using examples such as Sullivan pitching to Ortiz instead of Marte in that Boston game.

Whether on television or in person, they (Twins) often shake their heads about Manuel's maneuvering. The one that had them talking Wednesday was Manuel bringing in lefty Kelly Wunsch to face Koskie, one batter after Jones, another left-handed hitter, had delivered a run-scoring single.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0309180289sep18,1,2759433.column?coll=cs-sports-print

soxruleEP
09-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Manuel FAN

Isn't this a shockingly obvious troll?

JRIG
09-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I his article today, Phill says the Twins love the fact that Jerry is the manager of the White Sox. Using examples such as Sullivan pitching to Ortiz instead of Marte in that Boston game.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-0309180289sep18,1,2759433.column?coll=cs-sports-print

So the Twins view Manuel the same way most of us do. No shock there.

Much like every team in the Eastern Conference should thank the Pacers for employing Isiah Thomas as coach of the Pacers for the last 3 years, every team in the AL Central should get down on their knees and thank the Sox for letting Manuel manage this team right out of the playoffs.

chuckn98229
09-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Rarely has so little been done with so much - Jerry Manuel's 2003 Chicago White Sox.