PDA

View Full Version : The Official I'm still on the Bandwagon Thread...

voodoochile
09-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Okay, that sucked and now it is over. I still believe that the Sox will win the division. I still believe the Twinkies will fold. I still believe that things will work out for the best.

Does that make me a realist? No, it makes me a fan. I am no longer rooting with my head. For the rest of the season, I am rooting with my heart. I will abstain from negative comments no matter what until the division is officially decided.

I am looking for other fans who still believe. If you do then post your comments here. If you don't and you reply to this thread with negative/realism crap, I WILL delete it. So be warned.

My thread. My rules. Get over it...

GO SOX!

dllrbll7
09-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Im with ya Voodoo. Like you said its gotta be from the heart from now on. It may be a long shot but its still posibl

Daver
09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/shoot_the_dog%20copy.jpg

FJA
09-17-2003, 11:36 PM
With a little luck, I think we'll get a one-game playoff against the Twins in the Metrodome. I'm not saying anything other than that, for fear of being deleted. :smile:

JRIG
09-17-2003, 11:37 PM
I am in. That is unless they lose tomorrow. But they won't. I'm confident the Sox will win tomorrow. Then it's only 1 1/2 games.

After that, the Sox just have to pick up a game on the Twins the rest of the season and win the day that the Twins are off. Completely doable.

So let's do it!

ode to veeck
09-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Fire Jerry AND shoot the dog or fire the dog and SHOOT JERRY ...

And with a win tomorrow its still only 1.5 games out and a handful to play ... anything can happen!

dllrbll7
09-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey they picked up 2 games on us in a week. If we win tomorrow we have allittle over a week to get two games back

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-17-2003, 11:43 PM
i'm also in but only if they win tomorrow...the bobby thigpen quote that i think lip posted a few days ago about what can happen in baseball is pretty true and could be correct if the sox win

Soxfan7070
09-17-2003, 11:45 PM
I with ya there Voodoo. The fat lady hasn't sung yet. The Twinkies are going down! Go White Sox!!!

Jjav829
09-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I don't know what to think. I am having a hard time being optimistic after tonights loss. If they win tomorrow, I'll probably lead myself into thinking that they still have a chance . If they lose tomorrow, it's all over for sure. With a 1.5 deficit, we might still have a chance. At least I am trying to convince myself we do. But if it's 3.5 games back, thats a different story.

Man, why couldn't they just make this easy on us. :(:

idseer
09-17-2003, 11:50 PM
And i believe this post won't be here too long. :smile:

VC edit: You're right... :D:

doublem23
09-17-2003, 11:52 PM
I still believe... We're not dead yet, we just don't control our own destiny, but I think stranger things have happened than a team backing into a division championship being down 2 1/2 with 11 to go.

It can still happen, it's just going to be a more stressful 2 weeks. :)

Nick@Nite
09-17-2003, 11:52 PM
... the Twins and there fans can kiss my hairy ASS!

I'm not conceding a damn thing! Never say die!!!

(MOD's... can I say what I just said?... I do my best to watch my language)

fhqwhgads
09-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, that sucked and now it is over. I still believe that the Sox will win the division. I still believe the Twinkies will fold. I still believe that things will work out for the best.

Does that make me a realist? No, it makes me a fan. I am no longer rooting with my head. For the rest of the season, I am rooting with my heart. I will abstain from negative comments no matter what until the division is officially decided.

GO SOX!

To voodoo and everyone else on this thread:

You are what makes baseball great. Championships and pennants and rings and division races and great teams and great players are all well and good, but none of these mean anything unless there are fans. You guys are fans. I salute you.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=244351

(Edit: Apparently, I've invented the 24-gun salute. Stupid graphic.)

voodoochile
09-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
... the Twins and there fans can kiss my hairy ASS!

I'm not conceding a damn thing! Never say die!!!

(MOD's... can I say what I just said?... I do my best to watch my language)

Ass is not a banned word, Harry... :D:

idseer
09-17-2003, 11:56 PM

maybe not, but 'HAIRY' should be!

Nick@Nite
09-17-2003, 11:57 PM

Thanks! However, I do promise to use it in moderation. :D:

oheeoh...magglio
09-18-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm not giving up yet. We've got big bart on the hill tomrrow, and if we score two again, I think we will actually win! Come on guys, we win tomrrow, we're only 1 and a half back, and we take the finale of the series and leave the twins with a bad taste in their mouth. 1.5 back with 10 left, even with the twinkies easy schedule, is manageable, we just need to play inspired ball. If everybody takes notes on carl everett, our team would be fine! I expect a good effort tomorrow, for all the sox have been through this year, they won't just die, and for all the sox have been through and done this year, them winning the division wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen in 2003.

GO SOX!! :)

akingamongstmen
09-18-2003, 12:39 AM
I know deep down that Big Bad Bart isn't going down tomorrow without a fight. He's our true money pitcher, so I believe we can beat the Twinkies without too much of a problem. Then, we just need to rewind to our last meeting with the Yankees, and do it again (maybe take 3???). After that, there's no reason why we couldn't take 5 or 6 out of 7 with the Royals. That means that we need Cleveland to win at least once, and Detroit to rise to the occasion 2 times. I don't think that's too much to ask.

FarWestChicago
09-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Ass is not a banned word, Harry... :D: It can't be. You need it for "asshanded", like the Sox were by the Twinks. :(:

We're gonna need some crazy luck now...

bc2k
09-18-2003, 12:59 AM
If I heard him right, Ed Farmer said that the Sox need 9 more wins with one of them being tomorrow night vs. the Twins.

I was heartbroken and had given up since the end of tonight's game, but I'm more positive now, thanks Voodoo. We had a 9 game winning streak earlier this year, correct? That means this team is capable of going 9-2 to finish the season.

The Yankees management likes the Sox, likes making trades with us. We beat boston for them so they should like us even more. Maybe Torre will conveniently give his big starters days' off against the Sox.

But I still think we buy the Tigers a week on a cruise ship. Higgenson already has his seat picked out near the pool:

:higgy

LASOXFAN
09-18-2003, 01:24 AM
I'm in. I've posted my negative threads for the night, vented on Thomas, Konerko and Valentin, swore I'd never root for them again and so on.

I take it back (deep breath...good air in...bad air out).

And like I pointed out elsewhere, I do NOT believe the Twins are in the midst of a 15 game win streak. Uh-uh. They're good, but they ain't THAT good. I don't care who they're playing, every team has a bad night now and then, a night where things don't go their way. They lose 3 the rest of the way (one to the Sox, one to the Tribe and yes, one to the kittens), the Sox lose one (to the royals - the sweep of the yanks gets us on a roll) and October becomes our favorite month for the first time in many moons!

hsnterprize
09-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Then I saw her face (BA BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM), yea, I'm a believer (BUM BUM BUM BUM), not a trace (BA BUM BUM BUM BUM) of doubt in my mind (BA BUM BUM BUM BUM). I'm in love (OOOOOH, WHOAAAAAAA)...I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried...

Okay, folks. It's not often I quote the Monkees in a post. But hey...I'm optimistic. I know it doesn't look good, but I'm not giving up on my Sox. It ain't over 'til it's over. And right now...it ain't over

CLR01
09-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Maybe Torre will conveniently give his big starters days' off against the Sox.

As long as its not starting pitchers im fine with that.

Do or Die today.

Come on White Sox win by 10 and carry that momentum the rest of the way.

toledosoxfan
09-18-2003, 08:11 AM
even after watching that last night....

ok. im still in but just by my toe. There is no way we lose with Bart tonight. Lohse sucks, if we can't hit him, well then i'll just have to shoot that dog!

this could be the beer talking that I drowned myself in from last night....

Kilroy
09-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Okay, that sucked and now it is over. I still believe that the Sox will win the division. I still believe the Twinkies will fold.

I still believe. The Sox can win today and its 1.5. They have one move game to play, and that win makes it 1 game. All the Sox need is 1 win against 1 Twins loss, and we are There. I'd love to see the division come down to that situation, and there's no reason it can't...

34 Inch Stick
09-18-2003, 08:54 AM
I can't give up. I have tickets to KC on Friday and NY on Monday. I think the mindset has to be, let's take this as far as we possibly can. Maybe a little miracle can occur.

By the way a 3-3 road trip to Boston and Minny would ordinarily be a preety good thing.

fledgedrallycap
09-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I can't give up. I have tickets to KC on Friday and NY on Monday. I think the mindset has to be, let's take this as far as we possibly can. Maybe a little miracle can occur.

By the way a 3-3 road trip to Boston and Minny would ordinarily be a preety good thing.

I don't believe a miracle is in order. If we win tonight - we're a game and a half out, stranger things have happened and God owes us dammit.

dougs78
09-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Its certainly not impossible, just improbable at this point. But if you are looking for an optimistic scenario, here you go!

White Sox roll big tonight with a huge victory and the bats getting fired up. We come out smoking and sweep the Royals. Meanwhile, the Tigers manage to steal one from the twins. That puts us at .5 back. We go into Yankee stadium and take 2/3 with the twins sweeping the 2 game set vs. the Indians. I believe we are now 1 game out. 4 games left, we are at KC, Twins are at Detroit.

Sept 25: We come out smoking and beat KC, while frustratingly the Twins beat the Tigers. Stil 1 game out.

Sept 26: the Tigers win a thriller on a play at the plate in which Pierzynski breaks his hand. We also go on to beat the KC yet again. Division is tied.

Sept 27: Sox come out with the division tied and predictably get shut out by Jeremy Affeldt. To make matters worse, the Twins beat up on Detroit. Back to 1 game out with only 1 day remaining.

Sept 28: With the season on the line, Loiaza reverts back to dominating form and shuts out KC, leaving the entire Sox nation to stare at the ending of the Twins/Tigers game. The Twins jump out to an early lead, but late in the game Brandon Inge pounds 3 run homer, to seal a 3-2 victory for the Tigers. Division is tied!

Sept 29: The playoff game is in order. Colon faces off against Brad Radke in the deciding game. Colon cruises through 5 innings before giving up a solo homer to Meintkewicz. Unfortunately Radke is also cruising yet again, giving up only one harmless single each inning. Colon then goes into overdrive, consistently hitting 100 on the gun as he finishes off the Twins in the 8th inning. We go to the ninth still trailing as Guardado is brought in to face Alomar, Lee and Thomas. Alomar leads off with a bunt single in which he slides head first and is called safe. Lee then lines a hard shot down the 3rd base line, but Koskie spears it, sending Alomar back to first. Thomas comes up with Alomar on and watches a few go by leaving the count a 1-1. He then sends kills a ball only to watch it just go foul at the last minute. Now, down in the count 1-2, he watches two very close pitches go by and make the count full. Frank then seems to go into protect mode, fouling off a few pitches all into the right field stands. Then, Guardado unleashes the inside pitch that Frank has been waiting for and he does not miss it. He kills the ball sending it back to the concourse for a 2-1 White Sox Division Winner.

oh, and riding the momentum of the division win...they happen to steamroll through the playoffs and take home the world series crown. :smile:

Hows that for optimism Voodoo?? :gulp:

shane
09-18-2003, 10:35 AM

Good, they can kiss my ass too!! I'll even give all of those Kansas Sweeney fans out there a chance to kiss my hairy ass!!

Let's go Sox, give us some wins. Fight for the flag.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-18-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound! That's what I say!

I liken our situation today to that crooked police captain in the movie, Scarface. Tony Montana plugs him once in the gut, and he yelps. "You can't shoot a cop!" So Tony replies, "Why don't you buy yourself a one-way ticket to the resurrection!"

The cop is cooked, he knows it, so he offers a brilliant epitaph that sounds a bit like this:

"GO SOX! ****'EM ALL!"

I am nothing if not defiant...

:)

cheeses_h_rice
09-18-2003, 10:49 AM
deleted post for negativity... go find another thread to whine in please...

LauraJ14
09-18-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm in, if I didn't jump off the bandwagon in July when we were 8 games out then I am sure as hell not jumping off now.
Go Bartolo and beat those annoying Twinkies!!!

mandmandm
09-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Sox win today and Monday, they need to pick up one game on the Twins. Still a slight hope. I will be at all three this weekend cheering them on. I am pissed but can not give up until the Twins magic number is 0.

34 Inch Stick
09-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Anybody have a picture of Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin to come. That would be appropriate for this post.

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Anybody have a picture of Linus sitting in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin to come. That would be appropriate for this post.

Oh that pumpkin's coming and all the realists are going to be sorry they didn't believe.

Foulke You
09-18-2003, 11:33 AM
All right, I needed this kind've thread after these last two abominations in that abortion of a ballpark they call the Metrodome. WE ARE GOING TO WIN TONIGHT. Book it! The Twins aren't getting this division without a fight. Bartolo's stuff has been just filthy recently. Even the turf won't help them tonight.

:bcolon
Los Twins es el carne de muerto!

maurice
09-18-2003, 11:51 AM
I'm in (particularly since I have good tix for the series this weekend and would like to enjoy myself). It begins tonight, with Colon throwing a complete game shut out.

Do you believe in miracles?!?

Tavarin
09-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I'm on the bandwagon until it is mathematically impossible for the Sox to win

LoveTheSox
09-18-2003, 01:04 PM
I definitely like this optimism I'm seeing. Go Sox! We still, and will always (until it is flat out impossible), believe! :)

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Cmon SOX! im with you guys, 11-0 run. Lets finish
with a bang

MarqSox
09-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Now this is the kind of thread I like to see. The WSI optimists have regained control!! :)

Now let's just hope the Sox share our naivete tonight, otherwise, might as well shoot this thread now.

BeerHandle
09-18-2003, 05:03 PM
BELIEVE!!

MRKARNO
09-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Well I was convinced that they were done, but if they win tonight, I still think they have a reasonable shot. They'll just have to do it in an exciting way. The sox have lived on the edge all year and usually in the end they've gotten their way. A win today=mediocre chance to win the division and that's good enough for me!

Rocky Soprano
09-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Awesome thread!

Its great to see that I am not the only person that feels that we are still very much in it.

All I got to say is:

LETS GO SOX!

hose
09-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Sometimes you got to get off the bandwagon to help push it through the mud. This is that time.

Hayyaa giddy up there mule ,Hayyaa