PDA

View Full Version : My Dad brought up a good point


A.T. Money
09-17-2003, 11:30 PM
You know, he and I are venting about this situation, and my Dad brought up a good point.

What if the Twins plane goes down next time they go on the road? Surely we have a chance to win the division then right?

dllrbll7
09-17-2003, 11:31 PM
They way we are playing right now i dont think that would even help.

HawkDJ
09-17-2003, 11:32 PM
The Twins can't possibly screw this up. Look at who they're playing the rest of the way.

A.T. Money
09-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
The Twins can't possibly screw this up. Look at who they're playing the rest of the way.

You missed the point.

Soxboyrob
09-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
You know, he and I are venting about this situation, and my Dad brought up a good point.

What if the Twins plane goes down next time they go on the road? Surely we have a chance to win the division then right?

Naah. The Royals would just sweep us next week and we'd still end up in second place.

Jerko
09-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, I am uncomfortable joking about death, so IF all that happens is that the players get hurt and can't play, here's how the Sox can win:

1. Twins plane crashes into Royals plane.

That's it, and that may even be a stretch. If the Twins bring up the minor league team to fill in for them, they'll be more fundamentally sound than the Sox anyway and still beat Detroit enough times to ensure a playoff berth.

DMarte123
09-18-2003, 12:03 AM
A.T., I'll personally be willing to pay a muslim extremist to shoot the Twins charter jet down with a missle.

What this team has shown through these last two games have only revealed their ineptitude in cluth games and the overall stupidity of Manuel. Oh, it will be sweet when the Sox kick his ass out of the clubhouse.

Fellow WSI members, it will only get worse from this year on. Not only do we risk losing key players (possibly Colon) but Clev. can end up being a dangerous team next year.

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by DMarte123
A.T., I'll personally be willing to pay a muslim extremist to shoot the Twins charter jet down with a missle.

What this team has shown through these last two games have only revealed their ineptitude in cluth games and the overall stupidity of Manuel. Oh, it will be sweet when the Sox kick his ass out of the clubhouse.

Fellow WSI members, it will only get worse from this year on. Not only do we risk losing key players (possibly Colon) but Clev. can end up being a dangerous team next year.

Okay, this crosses the line of good taste. It is your first post, don't force me to make it your last...

Nick@Nite
09-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by DMarte123
A.T., I'll personally be willing to pay a muslim extremist to shoot the Twins charter jet down with a missle.

What this team has shown through these last two games have only revealed their ineptitude in cluth games and the overall stupidity of Manuel. Oh, it will be sweet when the Sox kick his ass out of the clubhouse.

Fellow WSI members, it will only get worse from this year on. Not only do we risk losing key players (possibly Colon) but Clev. can end up being a dangerous team next year.

Welcome aboard! :D:

DMarte123
09-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Whoa. Im sorry, i didnt realize that the political correctness of this nation seeped into your brain voodoo. Obviously you didnt read the other posts, including that by Jerko. If your going to parent me atleast be fair. Oh, and I did post something else that wasnt offensive if you bothered to read it. Baby.

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by DMarte123
Whoa. Im sorry, i didnt realize that the political correctness of this nation seeped into your brain voodoo. Obviously you didnt read the other posts, including that by Jerko. If your going to parent me atleast be fair. Oh, and I did post something else that wasnt offensive if you bothered to read it. Baby.

Maybe you misunderstood the part about treating the people on this site with respect in the code of conduct. I picked on your post because it crossed the line, IMO. I gave you a way to stay, your decided you would rather fight. You lose...

He gone...

fhqwhgads
09-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DMarte123
A.T., I'll personally be willing to pay a muslim extremist to shoot the Twins charter jet down with a missle.



Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, this crosses the line of good taste. It is your first post, don't force me to make it your last...

Hrm-hmmm... Allow me to edit:

A.T., I'll personally be willing to play in moose excrement to shoot the Twins chances down in a minute.

Hey...I'm good at that!
Or, at least buzzed enough to think I am...

Nick@Nite
09-18-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Welcome aboard! :D:

Not anymore!

bc2k
09-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
You know, he and I are venting about this situation, and my Dad brought up a good point.

What if the Twins plane goes down next time they go on the road? Surely we have a chance to win the division then right?

Is your father George Costanza?

A.T. Money
09-18-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Is your father George Costanza?

Impossible. George Costanza is a fictional character.

bc2k
09-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Impossible. George Costanza is a fictional character.

But he's based on a living person. Anyway, do you remember an older episode of Seinfeld with George wondering why with all the travel baseball teams do, one hasn't crashed yet.

Jerko
09-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DMarte123
Whoa. Im sorry, i didnt realize that the political correctness of this nation seeped into your brain voodoo. Obviously you didnt read the other posts, including that by Jerko. If your going to parent me atleast be fair. Oh, and I did post something else that wasnt offensive if you bothered to read it. Baby.

Hey, what the hell did I do? My post was the only one in which everybody lives!