PDA

View Full Version : Can we spend any money next year?

Jurr
09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
Can this team spend money next year, or are we looking at a dismantling? Some changes need to be made, but I think changing to a manager that will get in a team's ass about being a team player will help.

I know we have reason to be happy about keeping Maggs, Lee, Crede, and possibly Alomar. Olivo's going to be good soon.
We have some decent pitching, even though Colon is probably gone.

But, can we spend money and get some more talent???????

A.T. Money
09-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Can this team spend money next year, or are we looking at a dismantling? Some changes need to be made, but I think changing to a manager that will get in a team's ass about being a team player will help.

I know we have reason to be happy about keeping Maggs, Lee, Crede, and possibly Alomar. Olivo's going to be good soon.
We have some decent pitching, even though Colon is probably gone.

But, can we spend money and get some more talent???????

Hell, who knows? You're probably going to see a crappy team next year.

Jerko
09-17-2003, 11:24 PM
The Sox will HAVE to spend money due to the fact that they will be paying two managers. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

Lip Man 1
09-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Ken Williams' published comments on two occasions stated that he felt an urgency to win this year because he was having difficulty trying to" put it together every year with a limited payroll" (his words)

I think you can infer that what he was saying that by the Sox winning the whole mindset of the organization, players, fans and city would be changed.

I think you can also infer that without additional playoff revenue there is ZERO chance that the payroll is going to be increased. As Phil Rogers said in his column a few days ago, you are looking at a minimum of 65 million to resign the free agents and the salary arbitrations players.

That's just not going to happen.

Lip