PDA

View Full Version : Whoosh!

MHOUSE
09-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Do you hear that? That's the air escaping from the Sox rapidly deflating bubble. I think tonight's 4-2 loss burst it. 2 1/2 out and we MUST WIN TOMORROW to even have a thought of staying in this thing. We're playing NY, Boston, and KC while the Twins will be beating a worthless Detroit club and the Jndjans. I think 3 1/2 will spell the end for us if it hasn't been concluded as so all ready. The guys just look dejected and down, plus we're not scoring any runs. Things aren't looking good on the southside.....

Unregistered
09-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
We're playing NY, Boston, and KC while the Twins will be beating a worthless Detroit club and the Jndjans. Nah, we're done with Boston. And probably just "done" in general... :(:

mike squires
09-17-2003, 11:00 PM
All I hear are crickets outside my window, the same sound at the Cell in October.

LuvSox
09-17-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
The guys just look dejected and down

Heaven forbid a manager got them motivated. ****ing piece of **** Manuel.

Pardon me, I've been drinking :gulp:

Jjav829
09-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Heaven forbid a manager got them motivated. ****ing piece of **** Manuel.

Pardon me, I've been drinking :gulp:

I'm sorry, but if you need a manager to get you motivated for the biggest series of the year, then get the hell out of baseball. That's an excuse. This team sucked. It's not Manuels fault.

LuvSox
09-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I'm sorry, but if you need a manager to get you motivated for the biggest series of the year, then get the hell out of baseball. That's an excuse. This team sucked. It's not Manuels fault.

It's all his fault. This doesn't boil down to one game. It's a mindset that has been in place for 6 years now. Even if it did come down to one game, he should have rallied the troops, "Let's win one for the gipper" type stuff.

brewcrew/chisox
09-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Let's win one for the gipper?

Come on. ha, that would get the troops moving I bet.

No gipper is going to help this anemic offense right now.

ncfan
09-17-2003, 11:38 PM
So summing up the year, almost non-exsistant situational hitting
with runners in scoring posistion. A so-so defense, good starting
pitchers, but a sometimes bullpen. An offense that did not show
up until the second half of the season. And a BONE-HEAD for a
manager. It all adds up to a good third place finish in 2003.

MRKARNO
09-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I thought yesterday was a must win. I thought today was a must win. They lost both of those. what does that tell you

Jerko
09-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
It's all his fault. This doesn't boil down to one game. It's a mindset that has been in place for 6 years now. Even if it did come down to one game, he should have rallied the troops, "Let's win one for the gipper" type stuff.

I'm not going to get into any specifics about Manuel, but I will say this, probably at the expense of repeating myself along the way:
This team since 2000 has had many many different incarnations. There have been players in and out of town, some good, some bad. There has been a different "ace" of the staff at any given time. We have had many different 'closers', center fielders, 3rd basemen, 2nd basemen, etc. We have had a complete turnover in the coaching staff, from the base coaches, to the batting and pitching coaches. We have had all stars, added a Cy Young candidate, and seasoned veterans. Yet, every year it's the EXACT same script. Start out slow, have a different lineup every day from April-September, get behind, play well for a while, sputter again as soon as hope arises, and wind up 5 games or so either side of .500 in second (or third once) place. Now the only person who has been here through it all is............................JM. How can a team with so many different players in the span of 3 years look EXACTLY THE SAME ALL THE TIME! Can't bunt now, couldn't 3 years ago. Can't run the bases right, neither could the guys 3 years ago who are all gone. No set closer for the better part of 2 years now is another thing. EVEN THE BREWERS HAD A CLOSER TILL THEY TRADED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! Foulke, Osuna, Koch, Marte, Gordon, etc, etc. THAT'S why people are sick of Manuel, not just for these last 2 games. The only difference between Manuel and Bevington is when Manuel makes bad pitching moves someone is actually IN the bullpen. Then again, there's been more than a few times when JM made his little "SAMMY jump" out of the dugout to go yank a pitcher that I WISHED nobody was warming up.