PDA

View Full Version : Is it over now?


dllrbll7
09-17-2003, 09:50 PM
We're back 2.5games with about 11 games left. If we win tomorrow we will be 1.5 games back. We could easily win 7 out of the last 10 games if we get our heads out of our ***. Can Minn loss 5 out of the last 10 games? Im not giving up hope yet

mike squires
09-17-2003, 09:54 PM
It was over yesterday my friend.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Nah, it ain't over.

However the Sox are doing a remarkable impersonation of a dead man floating in the water.

:)

A.T. Money
09-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Somehow the White Sox find a way to break your heart.

Just last Tuesday, I was happy we went up 2 games. I thought we were on such a roll that we couldn't be stopped.

A week later, my heart is just broken. I honestly don't want any part in baseball now for the rest of the year. My interest level has dropped to near nothing.

A.T. Money
09-17-2003, 09:57 PM
To quote Realist:

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

emaholic
09-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Somehow the White Sox find a way to break your heart.

Just last Tuesday, I was happy we went up 2 games. I thought we were on such a roll that we couldn't be stopped.

A week later, my heart is just broken. I honestly don't want any part in baseball now for the rest of the year. My interest level has dropped to near nothing.

To quote my dad: "This team plays with my emotions, man. They bring me up and slam me right back down."

TornLabrum
09-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Nah, it ain't over.

However the Sox are doing a remarkable impersonation of a dead man floating in the water.

:)

Yeah, they kind of look like Bill Holden in Sunset Boulevard.

lowesox
09-17-2003, 11:28 PM
I think it's over. OF course, the whitesox are masters at convincing you a game is over, then come back to make you think their going to win only to make the loss more painful. My guess is they'll fight their way back to 1 game out with 1 game left only to lose 18-2. Or something like that.

Oh well. They game us 150 interesting games of interest. IF only they hadn't been so ****ty at the start of the year...

bc2k
09-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I think it's over. OF course, the whitesox are masters at convincing you a game is over, then come back to make you think their going to win only to make the loss more painful. My guess is they'll fight their way back to 1 game out with 1 game left only to lose 18-2. Or something like that.

Nice post. I needed a laugh after tonight's loss.

LASOXFAN
09-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Somehow the White Sox find a way to break your heart.

Just last Tuesday, I was happy we went up 2 games. I thought we were on such a roll that we couldn't be stopped.

A week later, my heart is just broken. I honestly don't want any part in baseball now for the rest of the year. My interest level has dropped to near nothing.

Ah yes, I've seen this before. Chicago teams have done this to me so many times that I've lost count. I know what you're feeling and share it with you. I wish that the promise of Bart taking the mound tomorrow and us leaving town only a game back in the loss column would make you feel better, but I know you're convinced that the Twins will destroy the Tigers and roll over the tribe. You have every reason to feel that way, it seems logical. But show me how many times the Twins have strung together a 15 game winning streak this year? Or last? Or the year before? Because that's what running the table would mean for them. That would be impressive - and very unlikely.

Me? I don't see them doing it. I see them losing two, maybe three if they feel the noose tightening after the high of the last two nights.

The problem my friend is that the Sox don't seem to have the character of a champion - the character of a team that is willing to fight until, as MJ put it best, "there are no bullets left." If they did then you could say they're still breathing. Right now it seems like they're just waiting for someone to pull the plug.

LASOXFAN
09-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Yeah, they kind of look like Bill Holden in Sunset Boulevard.

Are the Sox ready for their close up?