PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Sox bias from Fox Sports (Imagine that!)

MarqSox
09-17-2003, 06:11 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1673116

The gist of the article is that the Red Sox and Cubs, two tortured franchises, are actually having fun together in September because, miraculously, they're both in the race at the same time.

When I e-mailed the writer, Dave Kindred, with the obvious "What about the White Sox" complaint, this was his complete response:
Maybe it's because they were once the Black Sox.....

He can be e-mailed at kindred@sportingnews.com

cheeses_h_rice
09-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Just another maroon with a keyboard, looking for the most obvious, hackneyed story line he could come up with.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the White Sox COULD make the BoSox the second-longest-suffering team w/o a championship in all of baseball.

Viva Magglio
09-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Fox is biased against us. I guess that means we're to the political left of Ann Coulter.

Bucktown
09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Are the White Sox having fun together?

thepaulbowski
09-17-2003, 09:04 PM
we care what one guy a Fox Sorts thinks, why?

TommyJohn
09-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1673116

The gist of the article is that the Red Sox and Cubs, two tortured franchises, are actually having fun together in September because, miraculously, they're both in the race at the same time.

When I e-mailed the writer, Dave Kindred, with the obvious "What about the White Sox" complaint, this was his complete response:

He can be e-mailed at kindred@sportingnews.com

I e-mailed the maroon to let him know my feelings. I wrote that
the Cubs and Red Sox were significant contributors to the color
line, yet no one remembers that. I'm sure that his response will
be smug and arrogant as only a sportswriter can be.

mulvaskills
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
By your logic this article would be anti every team in MLB but the Red Sox and Cubs. Just because an article is written about the Cubs does not mean it has to include the Sox. Two different teams!

MarqSox
09-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by mulvaskills
By your logic this article would be anti every team in MLB but the Red Sox and Cubs. Just because an article is written about the Cubs does not mean it has to include the Sox. Two different teams!
The whole premise of the article is about teams with long pennant droughts having success this year. Despite our recent struggles, there is no way to justify writing that article without mentioning the White Sox, as we've suffered far worse than the Red Sox and nearly as bad as the Cubs.

JC456
09-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
The whole premise of the article is about teams with long pennant droughts having success this year. Despite our recent struggles, there is no way to justify writing that article without mentioning the White Sox, as we've suffered far worse than the Red Sox and nearly as bad as the Cubs.

By the way, a similar piece was aired on ESPN about the Sox and Cubs. I started watching and they were talking about the Red Sox and Cubs. I just went uh? Then they started talking about the curses, the Cubs with the Billy Goat and the Red Sox with the Bambino. But the two teams with the longest are the White Sox and Cubs I thought.

daveeym
09-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mulvaskills

I agree

Soxboyrob
09-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Can we stop worrying about the Cubs yet? Will the paranoia never end? Are we not more concerned about the future of this Sox club? Geeesh.

Hangar18
09-18-2003, 04:12 PM
I emailed him too. Reminded him that the WHITE SOX, from the same city CHICAGO also have been Long Suffering. Told him his redsox vs. cubs angle is Tired and been done numerous times before. Besides, the BoSox were in the world series in 1986...
or did he forget that?