PDA

View Full Version : Try As I Might...


Mammoo
09-17-2003, 04:29 PM
...I'm having a hard time taking Dave Wills seriously.

The poor guy is trying to walk the line between journalistic integrity and keeping his gig on ESPN1000.

He sounded every bit the fool last night in his attempt at rationalizing the decision to pitch Loaiza or his minimizing the effects of the loss to the Twins.

He really cracks me up when he alludes to his experience as a college player and coach, as if it qualifies him as more of an expert than the frustrated White Sox fans who call his show.

Dave, it's frickin' baseball; it ain't brain surgery!!!. Collectively, we've watched thousands of games; we know what we see!!

Now, go have a cold one :gulp:

KingXerxes
09-17-2003, 04:35 PM
:wills

"Listen up Drillrod, and listen up good. I don't need any drillrods telling me about baseball, because I was BOTH a player and a coach on various minor levels, and it was there I learned not to listen to Drillrods like you making drillrod comments about drillrod moves by the drillrod manager............."

KingXerxes
09-17-2003, 04:37 PM
:farmer

"Wow John, Dave sounds really mad back in the studio. One time I got real mad, well not mad but MAD - as in magazine - boy I just loved that magazine, but that's no excuse to ever drink and drive - that makes MADD mad."

Brian26
09-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
He sounded every bit the fool last night in his attempt at rationalizing the decision to pitch Loaiza or his minimizing the effects of the loss to the Twins.


As has already been pointed out, you can't second guess a decision like that. If Loaiza does well, he's Jordan 2k3. If Garland pitches and gets shelled, Manual's head would be on a noose today.

As for the Twins loss, it sucked.

If the Sox can win tonight and get back to 0.5 out, things will look a whole lot brighter.

Let's hope for a good game from Big Jon.

hose
09-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
...I'm having a hard time taking Dave Wills seriously.

The poor guy is trying to walk the line between journalistic integrity and keeping his gig on ESPN1000.

He sounded every bit the fool last night in his attempt at rationalizing the decision to pitch Loaiza or his minimizing the effects of the loss to the Twins.

He really cracks me up when he alludes to his experience as a college player and coach, as if it qualifies him as more of an expert than the frustrated White Sox fans who call his show.

Dave, it's frickin' baseball; it ain't brain surgery!!!. Collectively, we've watched thousands of games; we know what we see!!

Now, go have a cold one :gulp:



Dave always downplays his importance when mentioning his coaching and playing career, which I find cool. Even a commercial with Wills and Bill Melton has Melty remarking" I'm not Division III"
when Wills says he got him out.

I respect Dave's opinion based on his playing/coaching experience, access to the manager/coaches/current and former players, and most importantly the ability to have a few cold ones with all the above. :gulp:

If anything Wills is TOO much of a die hard Sox fan to keep his emotions in check after a gut wrenching loss. Plus he goes a bit far with the Cub bashing.

Bottom line Mammoo , it's WHITE SOX BASEBALL
talk and I can't get enough of it. :)


:wills
DRILLRODS

Mammoo
09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by hose
Bottom line Mammoo , it's WHITE SOX BASEBALL talk and I can't get enough of it. :):

Yes it is....and now it's over!!!