PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible............

Jurr
09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
For the White Sox to come out and have a turn around game tonight?
Hypothetically......if Garland pitches well, and the Sox come out swinging and win this game, could that possibly springboard this team into a frenzy?
I'm still holding to the belief that the Twins will lose at least 3 of the last 10 games. Write that down. They will not run the table against the Tribe or the Tigers. These teams are going to be a lot more relaxed than the Twins (especially if the Sox win the next two games) and they can take a couple of games.
But, if we win the next two, do we have enough gas left in the tank (especially considering one of our big 3 is now falling off)
to beat the Yankees and Royals to the tune of a 6-4,7-3, or 8-2 finish?
If we lose tonight or tomorrow, it's done. You're not going to overcome a 1.5 game lead with the Twins playing those cupcakes and your team having to play the Yankees and Tigers.
BUT.....if you're up .5 games, you only have to play as well as they do down the stretch, and that's a possibility.
Does this team have it in them??? I guess we'll find out soon.

Jerko
09-17-2003, 03:37 PM
The Twins are relaxed against the SOX! Why would the Tigers or Indians worry them? I don't think the Twins are going to win them all either, but I'm with Hangar18 on this one; I think the SOX have to win them all to make it now.

MRKARNO
09-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Is it possible? Almost anything is possible in baseball. It is possible that the twins lose out and the sox go .500 and the Royals take the division handely. It's possible that Jonny Garland could pitch a perfect game tonight. It's possible that the sox score 100 runs in their last 13 games. That's why baseball is so great:

Anything can happen

Gumshoe
09-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Is it possible? Almost anything is possible in baseball. It is possible that the twins lose out and the sox go .500 and the Royals take the division handely. It's possible that Jonny Garland could pitch a perfect game tonight. It's possible that the sox score 100 runs in their last 13 games. That's why baseball is so great:

Anything can happen

The funny thing is:

Anything WILL happen.

The Sox will be on top

Gumshoe

Paulwny
09-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Is it possible? Almost anything is possible in baseball. It is possible that the twins lose out and the sox go .500 and the Royals take the division handely.

After all this, if the Royals ended up winning the div; I wouldn't know whether to laugh, cry, or commit suicide.

Jurr
09-17-2003, 06:06 PM
What I mean about the whole relaxation thing depended on the White Sox winning both of the next games. Without that, everything seems moot. But, if the Sox win the next two games, pressure reverts to the Twins, and it's not quite "cruise control".
If the Twins win one of the next two, they chill out and have a blast going into the playoffs.

LASOXFAN
09-17-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm sticking with my prediction: a one game playoff in the stinky stinking stink dome....an extra inning game where JM is forced to go to the bench in a bases loaded, two out situation and call on wee Willie Harris...who delivers his first career grand salami and sends a riotous crowd of 45K home to wait for the lakes to freeze and ponder the joys of ice fishing.

Jurr
09-17-2003, 06:19 PM
You know what??????? I'd love to see Willie Harris do something big in his life. That would be nice for the little fella.

LASOXFAN
09-17-2003, 06:51 PM
I don't know which would be cooler - watching willie salvage the season or reading so many willie bashers eat crow! I happen to like the guy a lot.

FJA
09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
For the White Sox to come out and have a turn around game tonight?
Hypothetically......if Garland pitches well, and the Sox come out swinging and win this game, could that possibly springboard this team into a frenzy?
I'm still holding to the belief that the Twins will lose at least 3 of the last 10 games. Write that down. They will not run the table against the Tribe or the Tigers. These teams are going to be a lot more relaxed than the Twins (especially if the Sox win the next two games) and they can take a couple of games.
But, if we win the next two, do we have enough gas left in the tank (especially considering one of our big 3 is now falling off)
to beat the Yankees and Royals to the tune of a 6-4,7-3, or 8-2 finish?
If we lose tonight or tomorrow, it's done. You're not going to overcome a 1.5 game lead with the Twins playing those cupcakes and your team having to play the Yankees and Tigers.
BUT.....if you're up .5 games, you only have to play as well as they do down the stretch, and that's a possibility.
Does this team have it in them??? I guess we'll find out soon.

IF we win the next two games in the Metrodome, I think 8-2 will win us the division. We can't be counting on anyone to beat the Twins, but I also doubt the Twins are going to win the last ten games of the season, or even nine of ten. They will go 8-2 as well, with one loss against Cleveland and one against Detroit. For us, one loss against the Yankees and one against the Royals.

Think of it this way: Last week, quite a few posts (one I specifically remember was from LASOXFAN) suggested we could win three of four last week and one of three at the Metrodome and still win the division. If we win two of three in the Metrodome, it's just as good, maybe even better because a) we carry momentum to our next series, and b) we gain some confidence beating our arch rivals in their park. Book it: If we win the next two games, we will win this division.

That's a BIG if ... i thought Loaiza and Colon would win, so now Garland really needs to step up and do what, on paper, Loaiza should have done.