PDA

View Full Version : Last nite's game

GhetoFab23
09-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Did anyone go to the game last nite? I did. During the 8th or 9th or something, some fan threw like 10 dirty white sox onto the field. They were fillied with something i dono. It was actually pretty funny but very mean at the same time. Torii hunter was like smelling his fingers after he picked them up. MN fans are so rude. lol and they talk about our security :o:

Jerko
09-17-2003, 12:20 PM
I saw that! I thought it was "Giant Tampon Night" at the Metrodome for a minute there.

oheeoh...magglio
09-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by GhetoFab23
Did anyone go to the game last nite? I did. During the 8th or 9th or something, some fan threw like 10 dirty white sox onto the field. They were fillied with something i dono. It was actually pretty funny but very mean at the same time. Torii hunter was like smelling his fingers after he picked them up. MN fans are so rude. lol and they talk about our security :o:

That was strange, i'm tired of ppl dissing our security and all that, and welcome aboard buddy :cool:

mike squires
09-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Thre had to have been some Sox fans in attendance. (There usually are) Did anyone hear the chants "Let's go Sox, Let's go Sox"

MRKARNO
09-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by GhetoFab23

I think they are called "Homer Hankies" and were given out at the game

BeerHandle
09-17-2003, 03:49 PM
I saw that as well. I got a kick out of it.

I did think it was great to hear the Sox fans. I hope they return and cheer Big Jon Garland to a very important win!

ma-gaga
09-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I think they are called "Homer Hankies" and were given out at the game

No. Homer Hankies were distributed, but that's not what was thrown onto the field. Someone threw a half dozen 'white socks' onto the field. I don't have any idea what, if anything, was in them.

There were two W.Sox fans in my proximity. One looked drunk off his ass, and stood up and started pointing around at people when Carl 'the dinosaur hunter' Everett hit his monster bomb. I don't know if they were offended by the homer hankies, but they started waving around their black white sox jackets during the ninth inning as Latroy Hawkins was ending the game in obvious mockery of the Twins faithful.

Thankfully they were sitting next to a 10 year old boy and the "drunk" looked like he 'toned it down' as not to set a bad impression on the kid.

The Twins fans were having a lot of fun taunting Carlos Lee. Carlos is cool. A big s*** eating grin as he ran off the field, giving the bird to the crowd and hiding it in his glove so only they could see it. It was hilarious.

I missed the chant. Maybe it happened, but I didn't hear it.

:)

ihatethecubs
09-17-2003, 11:21 PM
if throwing socks on the field was some moronic twins fans way of mocking our team, i say we throw twinkies or the olsen twins on the field

voodoochile
09-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
if throwing socks on the field was some moronic twins fans way of mocking our team, i say we throw twinkies or the olsen twins on the field

Throw the Olsen Twins to me. I won't throw them back... :D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
09-17-2003, 11:24 PM
hahah, great job by carlos with the bird. but with our luck some cubune guy or something lurks on this board and will make an article carlos giving the bird to "innocent fans that didn't do anything deserving of such an action"

34 Inch Stick
09-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Throw the Olsen Twins to me. I won't throw them back... :D:

Well you better take them to Greece or somewhere else that doesn't have extradition because those girls are still jailbait Voodoo.

voodoochile
09-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Well you better take them to Greece or somewhere else that doesn't have extradition because those girls are still jailbait Voodoo.

Not 18 yet? Damn. Okay, hold onto them for a couple of years and THEN throw them to me... :D: