PDA

View Full Version : Come on GUYS! Rally and don't listen to the MEDIA! We've still got it

Gumshoe
09-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Guys, you are forgetting the main points:

1) We DO NOT know what will happen in the rest of MIN games, after our series

2) The rest of the games are in our control

3) EVEN if we lose 2 of 3, we're only a game in the loss column out!

Crazy stuff happens. JG has come up big before in starts with a lot of pressure. My guess is that this game tonight is close. It's going to come down to it. We WILL still do it. We're better.

Now, we've got to prove it.

Gumshoe

jabrch
09-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
Crazy stuff happens.

You bet...I am not getting off the bus. We can still win 2 of 3 in this series and be right in the thick of things. Ya gotta believe!!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-17-2003, 11:39 AM
I've invested way too much financially and emotionally this season to believe it's over.

While I am very down at the moment and extremely frustrated, I'm not ready to admit it's over.

If we win the next two games, it's still our division to win. We have a tougher road to hoe, but I'll take my chances.

FarmerAndy
09-17-2003, 11:45 AM
You know, Gumshoe, smoking crack really isn't good for you. I know you think you have it under control, and it's just "recreational". But before you know it the stuff will sink its claws into you.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Gumshoe:

I admire your spirit but "it's over" and I say that even if the Sox win the next two games.

Detroit will be lucky to win two games against the Twins.

Lip

Dan H
09-17-2003, 02:17 PM
I don't listen to the media, but I am not optimistic about the Sox chances. They really needed a sweep.

The White Sox have control of their situation only when they play Minnesota the next two days. A loss in either means it is over. There is just no way the team can depend on Detroit to help in any way. Saying the Sox are only 1/2 game out or 1 1/2 out doesn't mean anything at this point.

When the Sox really had control was in the beginning of the season when they got off to such a poor start. Third straight year they have done that, and it shows that games in April mean just as much as they do in September. Having to wait to until the 100 + game mark to get over .500 for good hurt this team. The Sox are paying for it now.

Rocky Soprano
09-17-2003, 02:20 PM
I agree, I STILL BELIEVE!

The season is no where near over.

For those of you that say its over then please dont jump back on the bandwagon when the Sox prove you wrong. Jump off now and please dont come back!

CubKiller
09-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
..."it's over" and I say that even if the Sox win the next two games.

I agree. I actually think the Sox will win the next two vs MIN and still miss the post-season.

Rocky, if I'm wrong, I promise to not jump on the bandwagon. I might follow it in my own little go-kart though. heh-heh.

koch44
09-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Everyone in the media says the cubs are a lock for the playoffs, and they're 1.5 games back.

And the Sox are 1.5 games back, and everyone's saying it's over. :?:

mike squires
09-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
I agree, I STILL BELIEVE!

The season is no where near over.

For those of you that say its over then please dont jump back on the bandwagon when the Sox prove you wrong. Jump off now and please dont come back!

Rocky, it has nothing to do with the bandwagon. I'm a die hard whitesox fan and would love nothing more than to win this divisoin and drink a 6 pack in my living room as I watch the Sox in the playoffs. The doubters are just being realistic. The bandwagon left me stranded. At least I've got the Hoosiers to look forward to!

Thunderstruck30
09-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by koch44
Everyone in the media says the cubs are a lock for the playoffs, and they're 1.5 games back.

Good point. The Astros are solid and dont seem like theyll blow the lead. The opposite can be said of the Twins.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Thunder:

The Twins have the best record in baseball since the All Star break...if that's not "solid" I don't know what is.

The reason the media is saying the Cubs are a lock is because of their schedule the rest of the way compared to the Astros who still have very shaky starting pitching. It's the same situation for the Twins, even if the Sox win the next two, do you SERIOUSLY expect Detroit to win two or three games against them?

The only team Detroit can beat is the Sox.

and Dan your comment.. "When the Sox really had control was in the beginning of the season when they got off to such a poor start," is pretty accurate although the Sox did start of the 2002 season 15-7 before the May collapse.

I agree with your point though and again it makes you wonder just exactly what Manager Gandhi does with the club during Spring training.

Lip

Gumshoe
09-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by koch44

Yup, this is what is crazy. But baseball does strange things, esp. when things are on the line. Bottom line is that it doesn't MATTER who either team is playing. The games are BIG,either way.

We're in it. Lip, remember what I told you. I thought we'd win last night, but hey, it's one game. We WILL win this, in spite of KW and JM

Gumshoe