PDA

View Full Version : wait till next year....

toledosoxfan
09-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Waking up this morning and looking at the standings my stomach turned. Its over boys and girls. And if this team is ripped asender at the end of the year, I may be looking for a new team to root for. I'm beggining to get fed up with losing every single time we get close. Someone wake me up if it gets interesting again.

DirtySouthsider
09-17-2003, 08:25 AM
You must not be much of a fan to begin with.....there are still two games left in this series. The Sox can still come out a head! Granted it would still be a very tough road after that but if you want to give up and go look for another team......SEE YA LATER!

Hokiesox
09-17-2003, 08:29 AM
looking for a new team? C-ya.

You can temporarily stop following the sport if your team is anti-comtetitive (like, blackhawks fans, for example), but NEVER find another team root for another team (unless it's a team playing the Twins in the playoffs...but that is temporary)

The white sox are hardly anti-competitive. I look at the Blackhawks and Bears as the models of anti-competitive.

Kilroy
09-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by toledosoxfan
Waking up this morning and looking at the standings my stomach turned. Its over boys and girls. And if this team is ripped asender at the end of the year, I may be looking for a new team to root for. I'm beggining to get fed up with losing every single time we get close. Someone wake me up if it gets interesting again.

Change your handle, quitter. You don't deserve to have "Sox" in your name. You're too much of a ***** to be a Sox fan.

Hangar18
09-17-2003, 08:51 AM
I dont know fellas.......Hes bringing up a Good Point

mike squires
09-17-2003, 09:01 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Hanger last winter and he is passionate about his WhiteSox. We all know he isn't serious. but, one thing is obvious...he is like we are, frustrated. That being said, Hanger, I think you are full of crap.

I have a partial interview of Bill Veek talking about what it means to be a baseball fan in Chicago. He talks about how you get used to losing as a Sox fan but you still come out to the ball park because it is a great game.

Hanger, I know a guy (one of the greatest men I've ever met) recently switched to the Cardinals from the Cubs. Don't do it Hanger, Don't do it.

Truth is if you are not a Yankee fan or a Braves fan most teams have LOOOOOOOONG stretches with no pennent.

And even truer...It's gonna be a long cold winter.

toledosoxfan
09-17-2003, 09:14 AM
I apologize for the first post. That was just a rant of how I feel right now. Do I deserve being ripped as a "quiter"? Give me a break. My White Sox heart is bleeding right now. Still a big time Sox fan, but this hurts. I don't know if I can take a long winter (again). All I'm saying is these games are true tests of Sox loyalty.

Hangar18
09-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Hey mike squires, and toledo, your both right. My sox heart is
ripped around right now, and making me feel bad. I dont think id abandon this team...............but DANG them, just WIN

chuckn98229
09-17-2003, 09:24 AM
I am disgusted and po'd this morning that the Sox seem to always choke when they need to shine. I am disgusted and po'd that the manager constantly makes decisions that puts the Sox at a disadvantage - sometimes even before they take the field. And I am disgusted and po'd at the possibility of spending another October without the White Sox in the action. That being said - I will NEVER renounce the White Sox or even entertain the thought of rooting for another team. I am, for better or worse, a White Sox Fan always. Thanks for letting me vent.

greenpeach
09-17-2003, 09:48 AM
I think the reason most Sox fans are more pissed off then usual-if that's possible-is because just about everyone including; Frank believes that this is the most talented team in the division hands down. The Sox should have a 5-6 game lead right now regardless of what the Twins are doing.

On a side note, does "Ghandi" get the boot if the Sox don't make the playoffs this Fall ? If he doesn't, is this Jerry's biggest marketing blunder, ever ?

mrwag
09-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Ghandi is the difference between winning and losing this division. We keep the players and get a real manager, we win. Plain and simple.

mike squires
09-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Sirry Hanger, I made a mistake and thought you made the post about switching to teams!!! If my post looked strange it was. I don't think you're full of crap. :D:

Hangar18
09-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by mrwag
Ghandi is the difference between winning and losing this division. We keep the players and get a real manager, we win. Plain and simple.

no problem mike s. as for Ghandi, yes, he will be the chief reason we Lose this division. Despite the bad play of our guys early on, he still mis-managed the lineups AND Bullpen (continueing to trot Koch out there when he obviously was finished and costing us even more games) I couldve quit my job and stepped in and Managed this team Much Better. Much Better. Im not saying that just to say it. I follow this team day in and day out, just think of the info id have at my Disposal if I were with them day in and day out. In fact, there are a few of us who couldve managed this team. but oh well. we blew a golden opportunity. and we didnt Market ourselves right....
which brings me to my next RANT.........

Gumshoe
09-17-2003, 11:10 AM
This is NOT over. Don't listen to the media hype. They called it "over" when we lost the last 2 vs. the Twins at home. We then won 2 of 3 at Boston. Who knows what MIN will really do against CLE AND MIN???? Odds are they'll do well, but believe you ME, crazy ass stuff has happened in baseball, far more than just losing to the worst thing in the league.

As for the JR KW JM comments, one thing I feel bad about (even though I think we WILL still win this division) is that this will set up a potential selling of the team by JR, just because so many things will have gone wrong by season's end, and in turn, next year. THAT is what scares me. Either way, it's a win for us guys, if you wanna look at it that way.

Gumshoe

voodoochile
09-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I dont know fellas.......Hes bringing up a Good Point

Yeah, the one on his head...

Hangar, I am shocked by your comment. The Sox are 1.5 games out of first, so he is not only bagging the season, but bagging the team all together?

TSF, GET THE **** OFF MY BANDWAGON!

Hangar18
09-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, the one on his head...

Hangar, I am shocked by your comment. The Sox are 1.5 games out of first, so he is not only bagging the season, but bagging the team all together?

TSF, GET THE **** OFF MY BANDWAGON!

I changed my comments.....speaking out of frustration :cool:

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 12:00 PM
All I will say is that's it's going to be an interesting off season for the Sox inregards to the managerial situation and the number of free agents that they have.

I can see the Sox firing Gandhi and signing the majority of their own free agents (with the exception of either Colon or Everett). I can also see the Sox retaining Gandhi because of his contract status and ethnic background and telling all of their own free agents goodbye in an effort to lower payroll.

Who knows?

Lip

maurice
09-17-2003, 12:27 PM
To quote a great Chicagoan: "What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no! It ain't over now! For when the goin' gets tough, the tough get going! Who's with me?"

toledosoxfan
09-17-2003, 12:33 PM
okokok...

I retract my initial post. I completely overreacted this morning and I should not have posted that. Voodoo, you and everyone else are correct in questioning my Sox loyalty.

Gut check....

I have calmed down now. Sox will win tonight and everything will be golden.

Greg1983
09-17-2003, 12:56 PM
I understand the responses from those who thought Hangar was jumping off the badwagon. But I also understand why he said what he said.

This team didn't just lose last night. They really didn't even show up. As I mentioned on another thread, E-Lo had a terrible game, but so did the offense, blowing multiple opportunities to score, including a great opportunity in the top of the first before Loaiza had even taken the mound.

Forgive me for putting words in your mouth, Hangar, but I think the frustration comes less from losing and more from giving a lackluster effort. At least that's what I was feeling. Win or lose, I'll be there for the Sox. But for God's sakes, no corpseball! Not now...not in this series.

I think we need to see some fight from this team the next two games. If they're making good decisions and putting in quality at-bats, then I'm with them all the way. If they show up half asleep again, grounding into DP's and lazy fly outs with RISP, then I'd have to say I sympathize with those stepping off the bandwagon.

Greg1983

Hangar18
09-17-2003, 01:33 PM
THanks greg. I definitely Frustrated.