PDA

View Full Version : Next January


Lip Man 1
09-16-2003, 11:58 PM
After three seasons of being outplayed by the Twins, I sure hope the Sox players will have finally learned their lesson and just shut up next year at Sox Fest.

Unless the Sox name Ron Gardenhire as their new manager of course.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
09-17-2003, 12:05 AM
I'd feel better if the Sox announced the hiring of Joe Torre by that time.

Jerko
09-17-2003, 08:42 AM
Yeah, this is shaping up to be the THIRD year in a row that "we're better than them". Maybe if we keep saying it one year it will eventually happen.

Viva Magglio
09-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I'd feel better if the Sox announced the hiring of Joe Torre by that time.

Joe Torre would be an upgrade, but is he what we want?

mike squires
09-17-2003, 09:43 AM
No, we don't...and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't want us.

Hokiesox
09-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Torre wouldn't take the Comiskey-esque pay scale JR works with.

daveb816
09-17-2003, 10:56 AM
No one talked vs. the Twins at Sox Fest this last January. Get your facts straight.

CHISOXFAN13
09-17-2003, 11:00 AM
We do lead the season series for the first time since 2000.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 11:11 AM
You are correct Billy Koch made his comments at the press conference and not Sox Fest but it's the same difference isn't it?

As far as the Sox leading the season series...big deal...who's leading in the standings?

Who finished ahead of the Sox in 2001?

Who finished ahead of the Sox in 2002 and kept the Sox from a winning season by sweeping the final three games of the year?

Who looks like they are going to the playoffs for the second year in a row despite all the Sox so called "talent?"

Oh boy...the Sox lead the season series. Hold the phone, stop the presses. Something the players and Sox fans will cherish I'm sure when watching the post season!

Lip

shane
09-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Joe Torre would be an upgrade, but is he what we want?

I think I could probably win a WS with some of the teams Torre has managed. He had a great team last season, and didn't win. Once again, the players have to take some of the heat, but if you can blame Manuel for this team, you can certainly blame Torre for not winning the WS last year.

I wouldn't be against Torre, but there's surely more than him out there. I'd like to see all of the options.

shane
09-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by daveb816
No one talked vs. the Twins at Sox Fest this last January. Get your facts straight.

I thought Koch's comments were pretty good at the time. A little something to fire up the team and fans. Apparently, his mouth was better than his arm though. What I can't stand about the fruitcake, is that he still finds it amusing to run his mouth about keeping the other players updated on the status of the games and providing refreshment services for them. For what he gets payed, those aren't very funny comments to be making during a pennant race.

thecell
09-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You are correct Billy Koch made his comments at the press conference and not Sox Fest but it's the same difference isn't it?

As far as the Sox leading the season series...big deal...who's leading in the standings?

Who finished ahead of the Sox in 2001?

Who finished ahead of the Sox in 2002 and kept the Sox from a winning season by sweeping the final three games of the year?

Who looks like they are going to the playoffs for the second year in a row despite all the Sox so called "talent?"

Oh boy...the Sox lead the season series. Hold the phone, stop the presses. Something the players and Sox fans will cherish I'm sure when watching the post season!

Lip

The only reference I remember toward the Twinkies was said by Jose Valentin...look in my signature...

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 04:33 PM
We all remember Ray Durham shooting his mouth off at Sox fest before the 2002 season and Koch made remarks at his press conference when he was acquired that the Twins got all the breaks last season. (i.e. they were "lucky."

Apparently the Twins are STILL getting all the breaks ask Bengie Molina and Brook Fordyce.

and of course we remember Paul Konerko shooting his mouth off last week that the "Sox will take at least 3 of 4."

LOL

Lip

Foulke You
09-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry Lip, but this year the Twins are far from "taking it to us". We lead the season series. Talk to me when this series is over before you concede the Twins have the better team.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2003, 11:55 PM
Okay Foulke...

I'm talking to you.

2 1/2 games up, 11 to go.

Three years in a row they have hammered us in the standings and finished better then us. It's time for everybody , players, media and fans to shut up when it comes to the Twins.

Next year, if the Sox win, then talk .

Lip