PDA

View Full Version : It's not over yet.

lowesox
09-16-2003, 10:37 PM
I hate to be the positive guy after what was obviously a back-breaking game but maybe it's not all over. If the Sox can win the next two games, I think they'll still have a shot. Especially, if they can win that game in hand. Momentum is after all everything, as the Twins have shown us since the end of game 2 last week.

Dadawg_77
09-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I hate to be the positive guy after what was obviously a back-breaking game but maybe it's not all over. If the Sox can win the next two games, I think they'll still have a shot. Especially, if they can win that game in hand. Momentum is after all everything, as the Twins have shown us since the end of game 2 last week.

Thanks we need some positive posters right now. So you are the designated positive posters.

voodoochile
09-16-2003, 10:38 PM
I agree. As hard as it was to watch this game, the Sox can still win the next two and make a race of it.

2 out of 3 on the road. Win 'em ALL at home...

GO SOX!

Jurr
09-16-2003, 10:51 PM
The way that team looked walking off the field, I think it's going to be tough.
Their approach to hitting is extremely sour. How selfish can you get?
We need more Robbie Alomars to get base hits.

lowesox
09-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Well there's no question that Jon Garland is starting the biggest game of his career tomorrow. I remember when he was in the minors, I think it was the Minor League world series, he pitched 7 scoreless innings. I'm not sure if that would mean anything or not.

If nothing else, tonights loss will force the sox to either bare down and win like crazy or fold. Besides as a fan, it's much more interesting to root for them then to throw in a towel.

GO sox.

Bisco Stu
09-16-2003, 11:29 PM
We can still win it if we're 2 out with 3 to play, so this hardly concerns me. The key is not getting swept at MN.

LASOXFAN
09-17-2003, 02:09 AM
The Twins turned the tide against the Sox last week with one inning of solid baseball in a game they lost. Who's to say the Sox can't rock their world by doing the same. Can you imagine if we threw a double digit win at them?

Dan H
09-17-2003, 06:17 AM
I really think the Sox needed to sweep if they wanted this division. 1 1/2 games is not a huge hurdle, but the Tigers are looking worse every day, and the Sox just won't get much help there. That's why they needed to win these head to head games. Even if they win the next two, it means they only picked up one game against the Twins in a week.

There is one other hope. The Twins have been white hot and are due to slump some. I just wish the Tigers would start looking like a major league team, even a bad one.

ssang
09-17-2003, 07:08 AM
It's not over yet???

YES it is. What has this team done to show you they will overcome the Twins? Nada.

The bigger the game, the worse the White Sox will play. FACT!

At least we have the Bears to look forward to!

mike squires
09-17-2003, 07:39 AM
Haven't we learned anything being Sox fans. You are right ssang, the bigger the game the harder we fall. 83' Baltimore...2000 Mariners. This team just cannot seem to handle pressure or high stress situations. Notably with their bats.

I hate to say it folks but I will go out on a limb and say we will wind up in third place BEHIND KC. :whiner:

Jurr
09-17-2003, 08:30 AM
1. If what most of the naysayers were chanting last week was correct, yesterday's game shouldn't have meant anything anyway! After the split to Minn, it was over then, right?

2. I watched Carolina block an extra point that would have won the game for Tampa. Crazy things happen in sports. Probability says the Twins have won this division, but..........

........that's why they play the games.........

GoSox2K3
09-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
It's not over yet.

....But, I think I hear the Fat Lady warming up and getting ready to sing.

Sure the Sox could win a bunch of remaining games and the Twins could lose a bunch of games. But, unless both teams suddenly change the way they are playing, it's becoming highly unlikey.

Huisj
09-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mike squires

I hate to say it folks but I will go out on a limb and say we will wind up in third place BEHIND KC. :whiner:

I thought the same thing last night actually. what reason is there to think that the sox will play good those last 4 games in KC? i don't think there is one

34 Inch Stick
09-17-2003, 09:22 AM
I've been glued to this race too long to give up before it is officially over. I think Garland is going to pitch lights out tonight and we will be back to even before my head hits the pillow.

Then we have Bartolo going Thursday. That is a very good chance to win.

Expecting a sweep was unreasonable. If we come out of here with a lead this division is still up for grabs.

mike squires
09-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Not only is the fat lady warming up but GoSox2k is about to change that 3 to a 4.

I realize I've been making some downer comments as of late, but is anyone her like me...Going in with a losing attitude and anything more than tht is cake?! I'm praying for a miracle.

Gumshoe
09-17-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
We can still win it if we're 2 out with 3 to play, so this hardly concerns me. The key is not getting swept at MN.

This is the smartest quote I have seen. WE ARE NOT OUT OF IT. Period.

Even if we lose 2 of 3, we're fine.

G

mrwag
09-17-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
This is the smartest quote I have seen. WE ARE NOT OUT OF IT. Period.

Even if we lose 2 of 3, we're fine.

G
I'll take some of the Kool-aid you are drinking.

South Sider
09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
My opinion!

I really doubt that the Sox still can clinch the division, but I am not a player just a fan.

Tonight the players can show, how they feel and think about winning the division and if they are hungry enough to make it a race again.

They can show us if they could play with heart and if they are mentally tough to compete

If they win tonight, they will send a message to the Twinkies that they've not quit yet.....and that they are ready for a long fight until the end.......but

If they will loose tonight.....the players will also start to believe that it is official over....even if the math say something different.

A really important game (again)

Hopefully all members of the Sox (and even JM) show up and take on the battle.

Go and fight your a**** off.

If you do, we all would be proud of you, even if it is not enough.

Play with pride and dont let us down again. We are all behind you

And keep in mind that Rogers won't throw many fastball......so please adjust and don't go for a dinger at every at bat.

Good Luck Judy/John Garland
We count on you

Go SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

lowesox
09-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ssang

YES it is. What has this team done to show you they will overcome the Twins? Nada.
At least we have the Bears to look forward to!

I wrote them off after a terrible start to the season. I kept saying that all I wanted was a full season of excitement. Playoffs or not, they rebounded to give us that.

Coming back from like 9 games out shows they've got some determination.

1951Campbell
09-17-2003, 12:23 PM
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
"Germans?"
"Forget it. He's rollin'."

alohafri
09-17-2003, 12:56 PM
It's already beginning to become unbearable in my office. The boss is a scrub fan and I could almost detect a note of glee in his voice when I told him the Sox have to play KC and NY, while the Twins play Det and Cleveland. Meanwhile the scrubs have a better record than the Sox! This is not good.

:(:

--Mrs. Aloha

maurice
09-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
"Germans?"
"Forget it. He's rollin'."

Nice reference, but I beat you (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24558) to it.

:cool:

shane
09-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
2. I watched Carolina block an extra point that would have won the game for Tampa.

They blocked 3 of them from going between the poles, and earned a win over #1. That's probaly the craziest thing that will happen in sports this year. I don't care what's being posted, it isn't over yet. Lose tonight, well, it's going to be damn near impossible, but a win and some momentum can get it done. Two wins and I'm all about this division being ours.

alohafri
09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Prayer to St. Jude

O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases , of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.

Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly that the White Sox win the division championship this year and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

(Mrs. Aloha)