PDA

View Full Version : Can some offer any postive spin?

Dadawg_77
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
I need to feel some postive vibes after watching the game.

cheeses_h_rice
09-16-2003, 10:07 PM
The only positive thing I can say is, if this team can still win this division after what I've seen them do against the Twins their last 3 meetings, it will be one of those amazing stories we'll all tell our grandkids.

Procol Harum
09-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Hmmmm....gee, the Cubs won..... :(:

Viva Magglio
09-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I need to feel some postive vibes after watching the game.

JM will be fired after the season. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Viva Magglio
09-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Hmmmm....gee, the Cubs won..... :(:

Worse than that, the Cubs have overtaken us in the "Chicago League." That may not matter to you, but it matters to me. And the Devil Incarnate's three-run homer was the key blow.

Jurr
09-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Positive......everybody's favorite villian will be gone soon. Who is going to replace him.
Other positives:

1. Esteban has fallen off the map. That's big, and it further validates the death of the Sox. No Cy Young if you can't finish.
2. Paul Konerko.........woah.
3. Frankie loves to hit that pop up.
4. Jerry Manuel, everybody's favorite whipping boy, is gone.

Dadawg_77
09-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Thank ****ing god

Jurr
09-16-2003, 10:17 PM
"The kids can play" may return.

Paul Konerko, Alomar, Valentin, Crede, Olivo, Ordonez, Lee, and Rowand.

Buehrle, Garland, .................................................c rickets chirp......
oh....we may be able to afford Loaiza if he keeps sucking up the diamond at the finish line.

ihatethecubs
09-16-2003, 10:17 PM
the twins shouldve beaten us 16-2

HawkDJ
09-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Soon we won't have to stress out any more due to Sox games.

Jurr
09-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Oh, yeah...I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. At least they show up when they need to.

Dadawg_77
09-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
"The kids can play" may return.

Paul Konerko, Alomar, Valentin, Crede, Olivo, Ordonez, Lee, and Rowand.

Buehrle, Garland, .................................................c rickets chirp......
oh....we may be able to afford Loaiza if he keeps sucking up the diamond at the finish line.

Well if it kids, hopefully the Sox trade or cut Groundball Pauly

Jurr
09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
There's a guy from Nashville talking positive on the post game show!!!!!!!!!! It must be a Tennessee thing. He's probably not from the Chicagoland area, though. My negativity was latent for a while...I found mine.

Procol Harum
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Well if it kids, hopefully the Sox trade or cut Groundball Pauly

You mean Paul "Lightning" Konerko?

mike squires
That 3 run lead felt more like a 20 run lead...oh wait, that wasn't positive.

Procol Harum
09-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Magglio didn't hit into a double play...

jeremyb1
09-16-2003, 10:25 PM

And that alone should net another 20 wins for us next season, right?

spanishwhite
09-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
[Bwe may be able to afford Loaiza if he keeps sucking up the diamond at the finish line. [/B]

We would be able to afford him if he finished the season with 4 straight no-hitters,MVP of ALDS, ALCS, and World Series. That's what a 3.5 million option does for ya.

But, I think we should blow this team up. All are somewhat to good players, but I think they just dont fit together.

Just like I read, "the sox have a better team on paper, but the twins play a better team game"

voodoochile
09-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1

I'd settle for 5 at this point in the season...

Procol Harum
09-16-2003, 10:27 PM
Jesse Rogers was able to hunt down Torrie Hunter for a post-game interview on the Score..just who I wanted to hear from...

MarkEdward
09-16-2003, 10:28 PM

Well, with Terry Francona leading the way, we're sure to go 162-0.

lowesox
09-16-2003, 10:30 PM
I sincerely doubt Jerry Manuel will get fired. Sorry guys. Everybody knows the second half is the only part of the season sox management pays attention too.

Viva Magglio
09-16-2003, 10:32 PM

So you are saying JM cost us 20 wins?

voodoochile
09-16-2003, 10:36 PM
So you are saying JM cost us 20 wins?

Note the teal. jeremy is defending Manuel to an extreme. His use of hyperbole is intended to make us ashamed for wanting this Mighty Baseball Genius fired. He uses the 20 games to point out that the season isn't all JM's fault.

Of course it doesn't have to be 20 games as I tried to point out. 3 extra wins would be huge this year (obviously).

The question for jeremy is "Do you think Manuel has cost the Sox any games this season? If so, how many? Do you think that is more or less than the average baseball manager?"

I don't know if he will actually reply. He hates admiting that JM might be part of the problem and instead prefers to berate everyone else for their ridiculous viewpoints...

pudge
09-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Note the teal. jeremy is defending Manuel to an extreme. His use of hyperbole is intended to make us ashamed for wanting this Mighty Baseball Genius fired. He uses the 20 games to point out that the season isn't all JM's fault.

Of course it doesn't have to be 20 games as I tried to point out. 3 extra wins would be huge this year (obviously).

The question for jeremy is "Do you think Manuel has cost the Sox any games this season? If so, how many? Do you think that is more or less than the average baseball manager?"

I don't know if he will actually reply. He hates admiting that JM might be part of the problem and instead prefers to berate everyone else for their ridiculous viewpoints...

That brings up another positive to us not making the play-offs, which is that we are all right, and jeremy is wrong.

:)

voodoochile
09-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by pudge
That brings up another positive to us not making the play-offs, which is that we are all right, and jeremy is wrong.

Nope, I'd rather admit that Manuel is a genius and drop the hotseat temperature to 10 than miss the playoffs...

Bucktown
09-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Here is a positive...I don't have to worry about moving my web site: www.optimistic-whitesoxfans.com (http://www.optimistic-whitesoxfans.com/) to a bigger server.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Here is a positive...I don't have to worry about moving my web site: www.optimistic-whitesoxfans.com (http://www.optimistic-whitesoxfans.com/) to a bigger server.

Which reminds me, I better talk to West about our expansion needs.

JohnJeter
09-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Positive spin? Enjoy Oktoberfest activities without distraction!

South Sider
09-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Another good thing

Rick White was not at the Metodome :) :D: :D: :D:

Lip Man 1
09-16-2003, 11:02 PM
No I can't, but maybe some the "optimists" can write a column for the main page of WSI telling us all about it!

Lip

ma_deuce
09-16-2003, 11:15 PM
You want positive?!?!? I'll give you positive...

I am positive that if we don't win the next two games, I'm gonna get a refund for all my post season tickets. :angry:

I am positive that if Jerry Manuel is retained for next year, we will fall short of winning the division, even with worse competition from KC and the Twins. :angry:

I am positive that the Jose Valentin of 2003 is the Harold Baines of 2000. :angry:

And I am absolutely, positively, going to go cry in my beer and pray that the Cubs don't make it to the playoffs.

:whiner:

voodoochile
09-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
You want positive?!?!? I'll give you positive...

I am positive that if we don't win the next two games, I'm gonna get a refund for all my post season tickets. :angry:

I am positive that if Jerry Manuel is retained for next year, we will fall short of winning the division, even with worse competition from KC and the Twins. :angry:

I am positive that the Jose Valentin of 2003 is the Harold Baines of 2000. :angry:

And I am absolutely, positively, going to go cry in my beer and pray that the Cubs don't make it to the playoffs.

:whiner:

Well, positively, welcome aboard. :D:

maurice
09-17-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty bummed also, but I was in the "take 2 of 3" camp before the series started. We have a decent chance of taking the next two and regaining first place by Thursday evening. If I sound too biased, here's what a Twins fan (http://twinstakes.bonnes.com/members/jbonnes/home.nsf/62fc4ddb2474796788256aea007597d8/67D5553FE3DE008388256DA30008927E!OpenDocument) had to say about the pitching matchups:

Wednesday Night - Kenny Rogers vs. Jon Garland
Lost in Santana's dominant start last Wednesday was the unpleasant realization that the White Sox have finally developed a decent fourth starter in Jon Garland. He'll be pitching against Kenny Rogers, who is handicapped by two problems as he tries to battle through the White Sox powerful right-handed lineup. First, he's left-handed. Second, he sucks.

Thursday Night - Bartolo Colon vs. Kyle Lohse
These two hooked up last week, and Lohse blinked early and often before calming down. I expect Lohse will have an easier time with his composure this time, which can give us all hope. On the other hand, Colon has been an absolute machine lately. In his last three games, he's only given up a total of four runs. And those three starts have all been complete games. Yikes.