PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to Mets Fans!

jabrch
09-16-2003, 08:49 PM
So I am flipping between the Sox and the Cubs. (Cubs only while Sox on commercials) One of the Mets hits a HR to CF off of Jesus Prior. A Mets fan catches it. He is happy and proud of his prize. "A man happy with courage in his convictions" as Stone called him. The bleacher morons are chanting "throw it back" they aren't even paying attention to the game. But this Met fans says no..... A fan offers him a fake ball to throw back - and he turns that down. He sits there happy, with his prize. Security even came to protect him from the beer that was tossed on him by a moron. For the entire rest of the inning he smiled and laughed on camera while the idiots chanted "throw it back"

Hooray for a smart Mets fan.

VeeckAsInWreck
09-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Can we hire that guy to lecture at Sox Fest? :D:

There are few things in life that can make me upset, but seeing fans at the Cell throwing back baseballs is one of them. :angry:

OhWeeOh
09-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Morons all of them. The dumbest "tradition" in sports. I'd taken the fake ball and thrown that out onto the street. Even more ridiculous to bring balls with you to the park to throw back!

Conversation heard in Wrigleyville:
"Hey dude, you going to the game today!"
"Yeah, I got my floppy hat and We Got Wood t-shirt!"
"You didn't forget to grab your fake balls before you left the house?"
"I always grab my balls before I go to Wrigley!"

greenpeach
09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
As a native New Yorker, I must say that I'm a proud man today. I'm glad the Mets fan didn't give in to those lemmings in the bleachers. :smile: