PDA

View Full Version : Shut up + play the game.

Paulwny
09-16-2003, 05:19 PM
I was just listening to the Mike (yank fan) + Mad Dog (yank hater) Show , WFAN, carried by the YES Network. They were discussing the sox/twins series and the remaining sched. for both teams. Mike said that quite a few of the yankees were upset over statements made to the press by some sox players after the last series and would like nothing more then to sweep them in Chi.
The statements, which I don't quite understand, were, "We don't carry extra baggage" and "we can't wait to play them in Oct".

Why do we always give teams extra incentive to beat us, can't we just shut up and let our bats do the talking?

A.T. Money
09-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Are there any links to validate those accusations?

Paulwny
09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Are there any links to validate those accusations?

The Yes Network has a website, I don't know if they replay the audio of the WFAN radio broadcasts.

FanOf14
09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Are all baseball players schizophrenic or are the reporters here not jumping on material that could be used to trash this team? I am rapidly getting sick of hearing that the Sox are trashing (you fill in the blank) team, but no one (referring to players not posters) wants to say what the Sox said.

With that said, I agree, shut up and play the game.

FanOf14
09-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Why do we always give teams extra incentive to beat us, can't we just shut up and let our bats do the talking?

What have they said this year? So far 3 teams that I can think of (KC, Twins and NY) have accused the Sox of trash talking, but not saying what exactly was said. A few our players have said they are confident going into certain series', but nothing over the top or idiotic. It's possible I missed lots along the way, but.....

DC Sox Fan
09-16-2003, 05:51 PM
AT- I heard those remarks up here in Syracuse. Mike and the Mad Dog are terrible, though. Hopefully they don't raise a ruckuss from this.

Paulwny
09-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by DC Sox Fan
Mike and the Mad Dog are terrible, though.

To each his own, however, the "Mad Dog" is rooting for the sox believing they can beat the yanks in the play-offs.

MRKARNO
09-16-2003, 06:18 PM
I think other teams are upset that the white sox are actually attempting to make a run at the series this year.