PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of the All-Chicago World Series talk?

pudge
09-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Is the state of our media in America so pathetic that we must hear story after story about "a possible all-Chicago World Series" when both teams haven't even reached the play-offs? Is anyone else getting annoyed by this?

I would be willing to accept it more if both teams were in first by several games.

soxtalker
09-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Is the state of our media in America so pathetic that we must hear story after story about "a possible all-Chicago World Series" when both teams haven't even reached the play-offs? Is anyone else getting annoyed by this?

I would be willing to accept it more if both teams were in first by several games.

Patience.. The odds are that you won't be hearing it much longer.

A.T. Money
09-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
Patience.. The odds are that you won't be hearing it much longer.

Don't remind me.

Chisox353014
09-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, at this point the most likely scenario would probably be that neither team even gets into the playoffs.
I think the reason people are going overboard is that this city is so starved for a winner of any kind. Let's face it: if Portland isn't stupid enough to draft Sam Bowie, then Chicago would be going on almost 2 decades now with no championships. And without MJ...well think about it. Why have the '85 Bears reached near godlike status in this town? Why are the '69 Cubs, who had one of the most pathetic collapses in the history of sport, celebrated by so many people? Why? Because Chicago sports suck, and they have for a long time now. It's painful but true. The Sox and Scrubs have each made the playoffs 3 times in my 30 years...0 WS appearances. And while the Bears and Hawks have had some great teams, they've won exactly 1 championship between them in only 2 appearances in the Super Bowl/NHL Finals. Winning sports in this town pretty much begin and end with the Jordan-era Bulls. And call me crazy or superstitious if you must, but I think they snatched up so many titles that the Gods of Sport are probably not going to allow any more in Chicago for a long, long time. :whiner:

Hangar18
09-16-2003, 02:37 PM
I too am a bit tired of the talk myself. I personally see the talk as slightly TILTED towards the cubs, but I do see it overall as JUST ANOTHER STORY TO WRITE TIL SOMETHING COMES ALONG WORTHWHILE. yeah, theres a Good Chance the FLubs wont make it now, and since we split with the Twinkies, Our chances have Gotten Significantly Higher of Us not making it either. Oh well, im starting to ignore all of it...as they say, Weve Been Here before :) havnt we ?

Gumshoe
09-16-2003, 02:38 PM
it's got nothing to do with it. The Sox are the best team in their division, the Cubs aren't. Therefore, we won't see a WS, because the Flubs aren't good enough to even get a chance to go.

Sox On Top

Gumshoe

Jerko
09-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Yes.