PDA

View Full Version : As the white sox move to a 4-man rotation


MRKARNO
09-15-2003, 11:14 PM
I think we have the inside track on almost every single pitching matchup from here until the end of the year.

16th: Loaiza vs Radke
17th: Garland vs. Rogers
18th: Colon vs Lohse
19th: Buehrle vs. Gobble
20th: Loaiza vs Anderson
21st: Garland vs May
22nd: Colon vs Wells
23rd: Buehrle vs Mussina
24th: Loaiza vs. Contreras
25th: Garland vs Anderson
26th: Colon vs May
27th: Buehrle vs. Abbott
28th: Loaiza vs Wright

Maybe Garland vs May and Buehrle vs Mussina we're at a disadvantage, but the one thing we have that the twins dont is 4 great starters. This will be our advantage down the stretch, the ability to go into every game knowing that the starter will keep us in it.

voodoochile
09-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Is this now official? Did Jerry say it again? Any evidence he will actually stick with it? If the Sox sweep the Twins, count on Danny Wright getting a start this weekend, IMO.

Jerry_Manuel
09-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Is this now official? Did Jerry say it again? Any evidence he will actually stick with it? If the Sox sweep the Twins, count on Danny Wright getting a start this weekend, IMO.

I didn't see him say it yet, I think people just assume it's what will happen, since it's in the best interest of the team.

voodoochile
09-15-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I didn't see him say it yet, I think people just assume it's what will happen, since it's in the best interest of the team.

*****! So a 5-man rotation it is...

MRKARNO
09-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Sportsline has it listed that way....I would almost guarentee that Jerry isnt that stupid. There's no one else to turn to

TornLabrum
09-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Sportsline has it listed that way....I would almost guarentee that Jerry isnt that stupid. There's no one else to turn to

(The key word in the above is almost.)

MRKARNO
09-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
(The key word in the above is almost.)

Well even if Jerry guarenteed it it's not like it would mean any more than when I say it. In fact it means less!

Bisco Stu
09-15-2003, 11:41 PM
JM will start Danny Wrong and justify it by explaining that he expects the World Series to go 7 and is just planning ahead to keep his big 4 fresh.