PDA

View Full Version : Colon AL player of the week

StepsInSC
09-15-2003, 05:40 PM
Congrats Bart! (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=playweek&prov=st&type=lgns)

EDIT: sometimes that link shows Wilson being named NL player of the week, sometimes its about Colon...yahoo is screwy.

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Colon had done this a couple times this year, showing what a VETERAN and Stud he is. The game he pitched Sat Nite was Amazing. He got himself into a jam a couple times, and "cinched it up and hunkered down". I thought for sure he was done after the 6th inning, and he comes out in the 7th, and got out of a jam, I thought for sure he was tired, and he came out in the 8th Smokin'. I said to myself Ok For Sure hes coming out for the 9th now.....it was like he could smell blood, saw the finish line ahead, and Reared back and gave it something Extra. That was really Awesome to see him just Put THE SOX ON HIS BACK AND CARRY THEM to the finish line. Cant tell you how loud we cheered when he finally did win that game. We had a small group of people by us near the TV at the end of the game, and Im SURE the SOX just got themselves a Couple More Fans, the Way COLON pitched and the way the Sox scratched that game out.

faneidde
09-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Congratulations Bartolo, now keep it rolling.

Thunderstruck30
09-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Bartolo Colon is wicked awesome!!!!!

ScottyTheSoxFan
09-15-2003, 10:41 PM
now if we could lock him up past this year for a reasonable amount, it would be nice.

MRKARNO
09-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
now if we could lock him up past this year for a reasonable amount, it would be nice.

Maybe we can convince our players that we're really close to making the series next year if we dont this year and we can make them agree to take drastic pay cuts