PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs Twinkies Wednesday 9/17, Who wants to Watch it?

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 12:27 PM
I think we should watch this game at Harrigans or bw3.
Lets do this ........

JRIG
09-15-2003, 12:37 PM
If I can piggyback onto this thread...

Anyone in the Rockford area wanting to get together at a bar for Wednesday's game leave a post here or message me. I'm on the southeast side of the city.

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Piggyback you may....thats what its for brother

voodoochile
09-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I can do it, but how about Mother Hubbards again? You guys had a great time and the Sox won. The central location is very helpful too for a lot of people...

Brian26
09-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Hubbard's would be cool. I'm close to there.

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Hubbard's would be cool. I'm close to there.

I can do Hubbards, but it is hard to park over there. I figured if people are taking the "L", bw is off the Fullerton stop. If everyone Likes that place, than I guess thats where we'll go. Sucks they dont have drink specials there. And I can make bw put the Volume ON and put it on the Big Screen. So.......
Lets vote on this

voodoochile
09-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I can do Hubbards, but it is hard to park over there. I figured if people are taking the "L", bw is off the Fullerton stop. If everyone Likes that place, than I guess thats where we'll go. Sucks they dont have drink specials there. And I can make bw put the Volume ON and put it on the Big Screen. So.......
Lets vote on this

Hubbards is even closer to the Grand stop on the same line. Just so there isn't any disinformation out there. Also, Hubbards is downtown for anyone who works there.

I refuse to go back to BW-3 for a Sox game. They were tribe jerseys for uniforms and though I am rooting for those beautiful jnjands today, in principle it disturbs me.

Go where the luck is... I vote Hubbards.

Hullett_Fan
09-15-2003, 02:58 PM
A few of us will be at Mother Hubbard's for the Tuesday game if anyone cares to join. We'll plan on Wednesday too.

BeerHandle
09-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Even though Hubbards doesn't have drink specials like Lincoln Park area they do have $4 off pizza when you buy buckets. And free wings with Moosehead pitchers.

Gumshoe
09-15-2003, 04:30 PM
do you guys argue about the Sox when you meet up, like on this board? haha, funny stuff. I can just imagine.

Also, how old are most of you posters?

Gumshoe

voodoochile
09-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
do you guys argue about the Sox when you meet up, like on this board? haha, funny stuff. I can just imagine.

Also, how old are most of you posters?

Gumshoe

Posters on the board are of all ages from early teens to at least 55 that I know of. Most of the people at these get togethers are 20's-30's and I just turned 40 so I know that at least one "old fogie" is there keeping an eye on the "kids" :D:

shane
09-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Piggyback you may....thats what its for brother

Anyone in the Enid, Oklahoma area? If someone says yes, the beer's on me.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
If I can piggyback onto this thread...

Anyone in the Rockford area wanting to get together at a bar for Wednesday's game leave a post here or message me. I'm on the southeast side of the city.

I don't live in Rockford anymore, but for the sake of nostalgia, may I recommend O'Neil's on State Street, east of Alpine. My apartment was directly behind that joint back in 1985-86 when it was called "Stosh O'Neil's." That's where I had the misfortune of watching the Bears on Monday Night Football when Dan Marino ruined our perfect season. The Cheeseheads inside the bar were really chirping that night!

:angry:

JRIG
09-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I don't live in Rockford anymore, but for the sake of nostalgia, may I recommend O'Neil's on State Street, east of Alpine. My apartment was directly behind that joint back in 1985-86 when it was called "Stosh O'Neil's." That's where I had the misfortune of watching the Bears on Monday Night Football when Dan Marino ruined our perfect season. The Cheeseheads inside the bar were really chirping that night!

:angry:

O'Neil's was actually the first bar I ever went to here in Rockford. It was the middle of the day, like noon, and there were probably four people in the place. Sat there and drank all afternoon. A fine watering hole it is. Ah, good times.

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by shane
Anyone in the Enid, Oklahoma area? If someone says yes, the beer's on me.

Brother Shane, heres how you do it . Get one more person (call them an honorary Sox fan for the evening) and take them to the bar, familiarizing him/her with all the players, the nuances, and any other tidbits of info on the Sox Player (when Maggs bats, remark how that hes going to the HOF one day, or everyone in the park goes OOO EEEE OOO Maaa Glliohhhhhh)
After a couple of innings, this person will be familiarize themselves with the team, then the NEXT game you both go to....
the person is already familiar with the team, and Most Likely, will begin taking a shine to the team. I work with a couple fellas who are sox fans, and we get together and watch the game at comiskey. a co-worker, sick and tired of his Pirates (yeah, this Fire sale they had, in which they gave all their good players to the cubs for NOTHING angered him for the last time) Hes been coming to Sox Games with us 2wice now, and hes had a good time as an "observer", but hes so familiar with the team, and were kicking some butt, and he likes the players (likes Thomas and Maggs a lot) that he has "accidentally" become a big sox fan. conversion complete. I guess what Im saying is, by You being in OKlahoma, people around you are going to wonder why your cheering for some team with black pinstripes and cool hats, and will/should begin to share in your Sox-ness. Thats how you become leader of our Oklahoma chapter