PDA

View Full Version : 9th inning. game tied, bases loaded, no outs, Twinkies at bat....

South Sider
09-15-2003, 10:38 AM
..... that is how I see the situation for the last 13 games.

Just think once, twice and even more about one thing that "harwar" posted in another thread

QUOTE]Originally posted by harwar

The problem is that we almost have to sweep the Twins and take 6 out of 7 from the royals because while we are playing the royals they will be sweeping the tigers(who they always beat). [/QUOTE]

Yeah. We all know the schedule for both teams.

But when you see it from this point of view you know what a really unbelievable tough road lays ahead for the Sox in the last 13 games.

Just imagine

1. We need to sweep the Twinkies (very difficult)
and then
2. We most likely need to win 6 of 7 against the Royals (which is
even tougher, depending on the Sox success in the last years)
and finally
3. We need to win 2 of 3 vs the hot Yankees and hope the
Tribe will win at least one for us vs the Twinkies

When you look at these facts.....you understand that I feel like it is a tied game in the 9th with the Twinkies have the bases loaded and nobody out.

But hey.....everything is possible in Baseball

We're the better team for sure

Lets go out and show it.....even if there is not much room for errors !!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand it......

GO SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-15-2003, 11:09 AM
The Twins have gained exactly ZERO games while we played the toughest home team in baseball.

I don't see how we won't win at least two in Minnesota.

JRIG
09-15-2003, 11:19 AM
[i]
When you look at these facts.....you understand that I feel like it is a tied game in the 9th with the Twinkies have the bases loaded and nobody out.
[/B]

But that's not really the situation. If the Twins were currently up by 4 games that might be an apt description of the scenario. But the teams are TIED.

A much better equation is that it's a tie game in the 9th...period. Both teams have a chance to push some runs across. That's why it's important to focus on taking care of your own business. Don't look at whom the Twins play. It's not important. Winning these 13 games is what's important.

kingpin_rcs
09-15-2003, 11:24 AM
It true that the Sox must take at least two games from this series in Min. Obviously it's best to sweep - and I like their chances - especially since we don't get Santana.

The Sox do have the tough schedule but consider...

1. The Yankees may very well have the division wrapped up by the time they come to town. If they do, they still shouldn't be taken lightly but some players may be given rest and Torre may be adjusting the rotation. The games will be must win for the Sox - they won't be for NY.

2. As Min plays Det. Det will be approaching the 120 loss mark. One hopes that they will at least try to not get there and play with a little effort. One can also hope that Min may go in there with the wins already counted - dangerous thinking. No win is automatic - that's why they play the games.

3. KC is playing better - they should not be counted out. Even if they get eliminated they will probably thrive on being the spoiler - I believe that KC may be the biggest obstacle to the post season - Sox must have a "kill or be killed" attitude going into those 2 series.

None of the above matters if (god forbid) Min takes 2 or more this week.

fquaye149
09-15-2003, 11:27 AM
i'd say here's the situation:

twins down by 1 in the bottom of the ninth with 0 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd

we can close them out with three strikeouts(sweep at mn...which is NOT out of the question - we have owned the twins in general this year)...but if we just get one or 2 outs they still have a chance to drive them in with a two out single or a pair of sac flies to walk off.

or they could just push one across and tie