PDA

View Full Version : Tied for First, 13 Games Left

Brian26
09-14-2003, 06:25 PM
On the morning of September 15, we'll be tied for first place.

This day is crucial though. We are idle while the Twins play Cleveland. We have been soley in first or tied for first for quite a long time now.

Let's hope it isn't psychological draining if the Twins win tomorrow. Let's hope Cleveland can play their asses off. It'd be nice to go into Minnesota with a half-game lead.

pudge
09-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Santana is going tomorrow, so Minny will likely win. I'm glad we beat Boston, but we are still in some trouble.

Bisco Stu
09-14-2003, 11:44 PM
Hope Monday's game is a 15 inning, 10-9 game that Cleveland wins. Drain the Twins' pen & spirits simultaneously. We relax for the stretch run.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Since both teams have played the same number of games obviously Minnesota has one final remaining off day.

The Sox have no more off days so they'll get a chance to repay the favor.

Lip

hold2dibber
09-15-2003, 07:42 AM
I don't see a lot of psychological impact from the Tribe/Twins showdown today. But with so few games remaining, every W or L is huge. So today game, as will be the case every day for the two weeks, is a very big game. A loss would give the Sox a one game edge in the loss column. A win would mean one more W the Sox have to have to win this thing. I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but: GO TRIBE!

harwar
09-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Forget about todays game.What is important is that we go into the dome and show them who is boss.We really need a sweep of the twins and the royals to get in unless,by some miracle,the tigers can beat the twins at least once or twice.I can see the damn twins go right by us while we are playing the royals.
That yankee series could be slightly important.
I'm not sure if i can hold up for these last games without having a total and complete meltdown.
Thank God for beer.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-15-2003, 08:46 AM
We're both going to play 162 games. Stop worrying about the "games back" column and focus on the loss column instead. That's the only one that counts--now more than ever.

:bandance:

South Sider
09-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Usually I enjoy the days/nights when the Sox don't play.

It is the best time to get some sleep (as we are 7 hours in front of your local time, what means that a usual night game starts at 2:05 am !!!!)

But you can bet, that I will stand up and watch the Tribe vs Twinkies on MLB.TV tonight.

Go TRibe ------ Go and get this f****** Santana !!!!!!!

And if it is a blowout, then I will watch the Monday Night Football Game instead.

Every Minnesota loss could be very huge for the Sox - depending on the schedule of both teams.

So Go TRibe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Procol Harum
09-15-2003, 09:32 AM
(White) Sox fans have got to be happy winning two out of three in Boston--that was huge. If we can get a tiny bit of cooperation from the Tribe today, it would be great to come into Minnesota a half game up. I'm gonna be watchin' that one closely.

If the Injuns win, and the Sox can win 2 of 3 in the HumpDome, methinks we will end up winning this thing. If the Twinks win today then I believe we'll need the old sweeparoo in MN, and that'll be a lot harder to get...