PDA

View Full Version : CLee's Leg?

LASOXFAN
09-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Any early word on what happened to Carlos Lee? Was it the knee or ankle? It looked like he tweaked the knee to me. Man, I hope it was only an ankle twist...

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 06:12 PM
From the AP recap:

Lee left the game in the seventh after twisting his right foot but said he will play Tuesday...

Shoeless Joe
09-14-2003, 11:10 PM
He better play! Carlos has been one of the few consistent offensive players all year. I think that Twins have no chance of beating the Sox this time around. We have the most momentum going in a huge a series.

hold2dibber
09-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Today's Trib reports that after the game yesterday, Lee announced that he had twisted his ankle, but was fine and that there was no possibility that he would miss any time. <Collective sigh of relief.>

34 Inch Stick
09-15-2003, 08:18 AM
They might have to DH him though which puts Rowand in center, Everett in left, Frank at first and Konerko sitting. I hope he can play the field.

harwar
09-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Its pretty funny,i remember all the people on here that just hated CLee and wanted to trade him so bad that they could barely stand it.Well,myself and a few other are glad that Kenny Williams stayed the course.I predicted that Lee would be a lot like Manny Ramirez and people laughed,they aren't laughing now.

jabrch
09-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
They might have to DH him though which puts Rowand in center, Everett in left, Frank at first and Konerko sitting. I hope he can play the field.

anyone say that they "hope Calos can play the field"

1) He is vastly improved as an OF

or

2) Everett is that bad of an OF

MisterB
09-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Its pretty funny,i remember all the people on here that just hated CLee and wanted to trade him so bad that they could barely stand it.Well,myself and a few other are glad that Kenny Williams stayed the course.I predicted that Lee would be a lot like Manny Ramirez and people laughed,they aren't laughing now.

Carlos is 27. Here's what Manny did at age 27:

.333/.442/.663, 44 hr, 165 rbi, 131 runs, 96 walks.

Carlos Lee is NOT like Manny Ramirez. He's stepped his production up over last season, but he's a far cry from putting up Manny type numbers. That being said, if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather have Lee than Konerko at this point. Lee has become a competent LF, and can steal a base. Konerko plays the least important defensive position, is likely the slowest position player in baseball, and he'd have to step up his production some to be worth the money he's going to make the next 2 years.

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by harwar

Im also one that kept saying once we Traded the Guy, he would become phenomenal. KW was right in saying Caballo is a 30 Homer/100 Ribbie guy. that said, we have to basically keep this squad Together. I like Caballo. he can be a dumb hitter sometimes, but the more hes played, the better hes gotten (2001 notwithstanding)

Hangar18
09-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

I like the way your thinking 34Inch. We MUST PUT OUR BEST DEFENSIVE team out there, the Twins love to chop the ball on that BOGUS Infield of theirs and swing for the gaps and take extra bases. Put Rowand IN Center and Everett in LF is a Solid Move