PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread - Sox vs. Red Sox - September 14, 2003


Unregistered
09-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Let's steal our second from Boston today.

:boston
"Unlikely!"

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Today's Lineup


Buehrle, 12-13 4.18

Alomar, R, 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .259
Lee, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .292
Thomas, DH 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .263
Ordonez, RF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .321
Everett, CF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
Daubach, 1B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .231
Valentin, SS 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .232
Crede, 3B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .261
Alomar, S, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .264

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 01:53 PM
KC leads 7-0, Minnesota still tied at 0, top 4...

LASOXFAN
09-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
KC leads 7-0, Minnesota still tied at 0, top 4...

KC just won't go away...

bc2k
09-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Nomar Garciaparra got the day off today.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:01 PM
BTW guys, I just looked it up and we're 7-0 when I start the *Official* Game Day Threads this season... :D:

IT'S FATE. :D:

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Nomar Garciaparra got the day off today.

But Daubach didn't.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
But Daubach didn't. :jerry
"Well Daubs played for Boston, so I'm thinking that he's gonna try extra hard..."

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
:jerry
"Well Daubs played for Boston, so I'm thinking that he's gonna try extra hard..."

:jerry
"And if he does, I'll give him a big, big ice cream cone. Maybe an extra scoop!"

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:09 PM
RAIN DELAY? Blech.

Nick@Nite
09-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Some drizzle still going on... in horse racing parlance, I hope the Sox are mudder's!

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
RAIN DELAY? Blech.

Not on my TV. Lead off double for Alomar...

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Johnny Damon needs a haircut, the damn dirty hippie!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Woohoo! I'll take it!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:11 PM
What are the odds that Robbie scores?

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 02:11 PM
2-run blast by Carlos. 2-0 Sox! Woohoo!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Holy crap, I should start the Game Thread every day! :D:

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Carlos lee with A Home Run IN The Rain. That's a country song I'm writing. :D:

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
That's #30 for Carlos, by the way. Congrats to Caballo.

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Carlos lee with A Home Run IN The Rain. That's a country song I'm writing. :D:

Wouldn't you have to be BoSox fan to write it? I mean Country Songs are normally so depressing...

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Wouldn't you have to be BoSox fan to write it? I mean Country Songs are normally so depressing...

Very true, I may have to give you writing credit.

FJA
09-14-2003, 02:15 PM
Frank's been caught looking at strike three an awful lot lately ...

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Carlos Lee......Sox MVP.......2003!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Travis Hafner hits a 2-run shot to put the Indians up 2-1 on the Twins :D:

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Frank's been caught looking at strike three an awful lot lately ...

If you've got a better way to strike out, i'd like to hear it! :D:

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Frank's been caught looking at strike three an awful lot lately ...

Both Frank and Daubach got rung up on "getaway day plate" calls, IMO. If that continues, it should favor BurlyMon...

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:23 PM
OK, so thats 2 called third strikes against a pitcher who's throwing meatballs over the plate. Good strategy, fellas.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Hmm... apparently it's "Maine Day" today. I guess thats a good thing? The BoSox announcers seem to think so.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Awesome. Quick 1-2-3.

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
BTW guys, I just looked it up and we're 7-0 when I start the *Official* Game Day Threads this season... :D:

IT'S FATE. :D: Please start the thread the rest of the season!!!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Can we please start protecting the plate with 2 strikes now? 3 of the 4 outs we've made have been called third strikes...

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Hate to say I called that one... Let's let Manny get his one HR of the series out of the way.

I'll take the solo shot.

JRIG
09-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Indians tie it up on a Jody Gerut HR. 3-3 bottom of 6

JRIG
09-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Now Cleveland has 1st and 3rd with one out -- Hafner at bat

FJA
09-14-2003, 02:50 PM
I really hope someone starts to pick up Burkett a little better ... we're going to need more than two runs today probably.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Frank's looking truly pathetic at the plate lately...

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:55 PM
C'mon, Beuhrle... settle down.

FJA
09-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Big out, holding that runner at third.

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Check out Carlos with the "D" today.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:59 PM
The last few games, it seems like every leadoff guy that gets on against us ends up scoring...

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:59 PM
A question for you guys out East. How are the BoSox fans? Do they really follow their team or are they in love with the stadium and the 'curse' like Cubbie fans are?

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Beurhle has fallen behind every batter he's faced this inning.

FJA
09-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Aside from the first inning, Buehrle really isn't looking too good out there today.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
A question for you guys out East. How are the BoSox fans? Do they really follow their team or are they in love with the stadium and the 'curse' like Cubbie fans are? Don't know a ton of BoSox fans, but the ones I do know, even casual fans are all ab out winning. They're not like the Cubbie faithful who are content with just making sure a lot of people show up to the games...

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:06 PM
We need an inning here from our 'O'. Burkett is amazingly hittable, and yet guys are making easy outs.

Nick@Nite
09-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Don't know a ton of BoSox fans, but the ones I do know, even casual fans are all about winning. They're not like the Cubbie faithful who are content with just making sure a lot of people show up to the games...

I have a good friend from Connecticut named Scooter, who's a big BoSox fan. And I tell you what, Scooter is to the point regarding winning and losing .... (he hates the Cubs! ... and of course, the Yankees).

Scooter would prefer wearing a dress in public, than his Red Sox being called "the lovable losers".

luvsox56
09-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
We need an inning here from our 'O'. Burkett is amazingly hittable, and yet guys are making easy outs.

Our last three outs came from our guys SWINGING AT THE FIRST PITCH...ugh :(:

JRIG
09-14-2003, 03:18 PM
SANDY!!

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Sandy still has some life left in him. YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:20 PM
SANDY!

3-2 SOX

inta
09-14-2003, 03:21 PM
anyone see that jagoff throw the HR back onto the field?

i guess a sandy alomar HR isn't worth much on ebay.

:angry:

Nick@Nite
09-14-2003, 03:23 PM
... and have mucho respect for Jim Rice, but how many more innings is Rice-a-roni gonna hang out in the booth?

JRIG
09-14-2003, 03:23 PM
...and at just about the same time Sandy hits his HR, the Twins go up 4-3

JRIG
09-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Big one, Carlos. I think he likes playing here.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Uch, please spare me. "Miss Maine" is on the Boston feed of the game right now, talking about what a big Cubs fan she is.

"But I root for the Red Sox too."

Where's Daver with the gun when you need him?

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:27 PM
4-2 Sox on the C-Lee double.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:27 PM
AWESOME. We definately need those 2 runs.

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Cubs-Red Sox, same thing.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:30 PM
By the way, did you guys see that wacky ass play that just went down in Cleveland? deep fly hit to Mohr(?) HITS HIM IN THE FACE, bounces up and is caught by Hunter. Even in disaster, the Twins have a golden horse shoe crammed up their ass.

Mohr walked off the field fine.

JRIG
09-14-2003, 03:30 PM
:hawk
"Mags is taking himself to the level of being a great player."


Gee, do you think so?

Daver
09-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Uch, please spare me. "Miss Maine" is on the Boston feed of the game right now, talking about what a big Cubs fan she is.

"But I root for the Red Sox too."

Where's Daver with the gun when you need him?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Fifty%20Cal.jpg

FJA
09-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
... and have mucho respect for Jim Rice, but how many more innings is Rice-a-roni gonna hang out in the booth?

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for Rice too, but he's incredibly boring in the booth. Is this part of his broadcast training?

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Daver
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Fifty%20Cal.jpg It's for a good cause... :D:

Nick@Nite
09-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Yeah, I have a lot of respect for Rice too, but he's incredibly boring in the booth. Is this part of his broadcast training?

From there interaction... Hawk and Rice must be good friends. Probably hanging out because Hawk greased it.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Nice job keeping Kapler at 3rd. Thought they would chip away at the lead for sure...

5-2 SOX, Top 6

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Good job by Mark, holding them after the lead off double :smile:

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Dear Daubach, you're worthless.
Love,
Unregistered

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Uhhhhhhh... WHY THE HELL IS DAN WRIGHT WARMING UP IN THE PEN????

LASOXFAN
09-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Uhhhhhhh... WHY THE HELL IS DAN WRIGHT WARMING UP IN THE PEN????

Because he's awesome! Didn't you catch his last outing? Come on, clue in.

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Uhhhhhhh... WHY THE HELL IS DAN WRIGHT WARMING UP IN THE PEN????


:jerry

"You have to ask?"

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Nice play by Jose, but we caught a huge break.

JRIG
09-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Twins win 5-3

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Because he's awesome! Didn't you catch his last outing? Come on, clue in. Maybe someone should tell that scoreboard watching freak that Minnesota won today.

BTW, GREAT double play. :smile:

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Dear Daubach, you're worthless.
Love,
Unregistered

O-Kay...

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Mark is doing very well in tight spots today. We need this kind of performance from these guys.


By the way, who is the hillbilly singing on the Ford comercials?

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
O-Kay... Actually, 2 K's. :D:

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 04:28 PM
A couple of K's for Marte and a great throw by Maggs. One more inning boys :D:

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:28 PM
With all this talk about the board being too negative, etc., I just want to take a positive and mention that Damaso Marte is awesome.

voodoochile
09-14-2003, 04:30 PM
*** was Manny thinking? Maggs had the ball as Manny rounded first. Too funny. Looks like Manny is ready to go home...

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
With all this talk about the board being too negative, etc., I just want to take a positive and mention that Damaso Marte is awesome.

I'll second that!

And Manny? Thanks for the dumbassed baserunning, guy. We appreciate it.

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Any word on C.Lee?

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:36 PM
HUGE AB for Aaron R. coming up...an insurance run would be an enormous thing here.

(Or 3-4 of 'em.)

FJA
09-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
HUGE AB for Aaron R. coming up...an insurance run would be an enormous thing here.

(Or 3-4 of 'em.)

But the inexplicable love affair with Armando Rios continues. :?:

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:37 PM
OK, HUGE AB for Rios coming up...

:)

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Just let Aaron bat. A Rios high popup

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Yep. First pitch pop-up.

Awesome at-bat, Armando.

FJA
09-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by FJA
But the inexplicable love affair with Armando Rios continues. :?:

Like I said ... the inexplicable love affair continues. You could see that coming from a mile away.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by FJA
But the inexplicable love affair with Armando Rios continues. :?: MASTER STROKE, Jerry. I keep forgetting that he's back on this roster... does that put Willie Harris in center for the bottom of the inning now?

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:39 PM
FRANK! YES!!!!!!

We be winnin' this bitch!

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Two huge rbi's for Frank. :D:

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Frank comes thru ...finally.

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:40 PM
7-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

Twins fans: we ain't dead yet.

:gulp:

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:41 PM
NICE FRANK! Just when I think you're on a crappy no-hitting streak, you come up with some good stuff...

7-2 SOX

That should be some insurance.

Bring in Koch. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered


Bring in Koch.

These words shall never be spoken again during the year 2003. Please.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
These words shall never be spoken again during the year 2003. Please. Ha, sorry. I was too lazy for teal... thought that kinda went without saying. :D:

jabrch
09-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Nice job Damaso!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Regardless. We need Marte to come up big down the stretch. He doesn't need to be pitching with a 5 run lead in the 9th.

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:45 PM
GO-GO SOX!!!!

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 04:46 PM
:winner

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Way to go Damaso & MB!

Sox win, Sox win, Sox win!

:gulp:

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:48 PM
:winner

Sox take 2 of 3 from Boston (pretty big considering popular opinion was that the Red Sox would sweep or take 2-3)

Keeping pace with the Twins, and making me 8-0 in Game Threads started!


KEEP WINNING!

Daver
09-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered


Keeping pace with the Twins, and making me 8-0 in Game Threads started!


KEEP WINNING!

You will of course be expected to start this thread every day till the season is over.


:bandance:

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Will be a pretty good coach if not manager. If Unmanuel can be there certainly Sandy can.

flo-B-flo
09-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Daver
You will of course be expected to start this thread every day till the season is over.


:bandance: AMEN!

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Daver
You will of course be expected to start this thread every day till the season is over.
Some of them might have to be started a few hours before the game...
Damn scheduling conflicts. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
09-14-2003, 04:57 PM
And in other non-AL Central news, Flubbies lose a heartbreaker, 1-0, to the hapless Reds, while the Astros won today, putting the Flubbies 2 full games back of 1st.

Unregistered
09-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
And in other non-AL Central news, Flubbies lose a heartbreaker, 1-0, to the hapless Reds, while the Astros won today, putting the Flubbies 2 full games back of 1st. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :) :)

Lip Man 1
09-14-2003, 10:23 PM
Very impressive display especially coming after that Friday night performance. It still all means nothing if they stink up the joint starting Tuesday.

Let's hope for the best.

Lip

MRKARNO
09-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Very impressive display especially coming after that Friday night performance. It still all means nothing if they stink up the joint starting Tuesday.

Let's hope for the best.

Lip

Well now they dont have anyone left in their schedule that they can play down to.....