PDA

View Full Version : Flash not available for Sat or Sundays game

hose
09-13-2003, 09:36 AM
The only White Sox pitcher who didn't issue a walk was Tom Gordon, who gave up a hit while retiring the Red Sox in the eighth. After the game, Gordon informed Manuel his uncle had passed away. The right-hander will take a bereavement leave and likely will miss the final two games of the series.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox13.html

Marte can go both days and then the Sox have Monday off before they go to Minnesota.

mike squires
09-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Are the Sox able to call up someone for the rest of the weekend? Not that anyone down there can step it up but just curious. Sory if it mentioned it in the article. It was taking to long to open so I gave up.

voodoochile
09-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Are the Sox able to call up someone for the rest of the weekend? Not that anyone down there can step it up but just curious. Sory if it mentioned it in the article. It was taking to long to open so I gave up.

It's September, so they can call up anyone they want to, but why would they? You really want the 35th man on the roster pitching either of these next two games?

hose
09-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by mike squires

The article didn't mention anything about call ups.

Daver probably knows down to the meal allowance and other specifics on September call ups. :D:

hose
09-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It's September, so they can call up anyone they want to, but why would they? You really want the 35th man on the roster pitching either of these next two games?

If Koch is the 25th man then I say YES :(:

TornLabrum
09-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Well, they used Joe Breadandwater the other day. He had to be about the 39th guy on the roster.

Jjav829
09-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by hose
The only White Sox pitcher who didn't issue a walk was Tom Gordon, who gave up a hit while retiring the Red Sox in the eighth. After the game, Gordon informed Manuel his uncle had passed away. The right-hander will take a bereavement leave and likely will miss the final two games of the series.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox13.html

Marte can go both days and then the Sox have Monday off before they go to Minnesota.

That's a shame for Flash. Hopefully he'll be ready to go by Tuesday.

:bcolon
"Don't worry Sox fans, I close my own games."