PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least JM has his next career in mind...

Bisco Stu
09-13-2003, 04:00 AM
From CBS Sportsline's recap of the game:

BOSTON -- The guys working the scoreboard in Fenway Park's Green Monster couldn't update the out-of-town scores fast enough for Chicago White Sox manager Jerry Manuel.

With things not going their way in Boston, the White Sox turned their attention to the scoreboard to monitor game between the Twins and Indians.

"They need to update that thing out there because that thing stayed in the sixth inning a long time," Manuel joked. "If you need help, I can go out there and operate it."

South Sider
09-13-2003, 05:34 AM
I really doubt, that JM has the skills to manage it !!!!!

But he can come into my house and clan up my rooms as good as he can !!! :) :) :)

PaleHoseGeorge
09-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Holy ****, will somebody with a computer please update Manuel with the scores during games. If they can't patch through a wire inside the clubhouse, have somebody in the pressbox call him with updates on a cellphone.

Is this too frickin' obvious?

:angry:

hose
09-13-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Holy ****, will somebody with a computer please update Manuel with the scores during games. If they can't patch through a wire inside the clubhouse, have somebody in the pressbox call him with updates on a cellphone.

Maybe US Cellular doesn't provide service in Boston . Reinsy saves a buck or two and goes with Western Union instead of paying the roaming charges. :cool:

FarWestChicago
09-13-2003, 11:25 AM

:angry: :jerry

I wish I had one of those fancy notebook computers with the wireless network connection. I know West has one.

:reinsy

Dude, you're NOT getting a Dell. Those things cost money!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:jerry

I wish I had one of those fancy notebook computers with the wireless network connection. I know West has one.

:reinsy

Dude, you're NOT getting a Dell. Those things cost money!

:wills
"Sorry, laddie. He can't have my Sony Vaio laptop, compliments of CDW. Meltie and I need it for the post-game show."

:ohno
"Then how about another round of Miller Lites?"

:fans
"Quick! Get Quincy Alexander and the moving mobile unit! Don't they have global positioning on that sucka?"

Where is Alan_Aqua when you need him?

:)

voodoochile
09-13-2003, 05:29 PM

You really want him making gametime decisions with that much info?

"Well, the Twins already lost, so maybe Adkins can get some game time experience. Hey Miles, get a bat, you're pinch hitting for Frank. After all, we're up a run in the 7th and the game no longer matters..."

RKMeibalane
09-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You really want him making gametime decisions with that much info?

"Well, the Twins already lost, so maybe Adkins can get some game time experience. Hey Miles, get a bat, you're pinch hitting for Frank. After all, we're up a run in the 7th and the game no longer matters..."

I was thinking the same thing. If Manuel finds out what's going in other games, that may affect his decision making. If the Twins are losing, he will probably use that as an excuse to start tinkering again.

Either way, the man needs to be fired. His incompetence is the only thing standing in the way of this team winning the division.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-13-2003, 05:41 PM
I dunno. I have to assume Manuel will use the extra information available off the internet to HELP the Sox win ballgames. Of course I can understand why that might raise concerns, too.

:?: