PDA

View Full Version : What went wrong?

Irishsox1
09-13-2003, 02:15 AM
When Jerry Manual looks back and tries to figure out how the White Sox blew the central he can look back to two things; 1. Every loss to Detroit and 2. Staying with the 5 man rotation in September. I pronounce the Sox dead! If they make the playoffs, it will be the miracle on 35th Street.

gosox41
09-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
When Jerry Manual looks back and tries to figure out how the White Sox blew the central he can look back to two things; 1. Every loss to Detroit and 2. Staying with the 5 man rotation in September. I pronounce the Sox dead! If they make the playoffs, it will be the miracle on 35th Street.

Don't forget the constant tinkering the first half of the season.

Bob

voodoochile
09-13-2003, 07:58 AM

GET THE **** OF MY BANDWAGON! :D:

TornLabrum
09-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Don't forget the constant tinkering the first half of the season.

Bob

That would be 84 lineups in the first 87 games.

hose
09-13-2003, 08:20 AM

It's September 13th .....do you know where your White Sox are?

FJA
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM

I'm not terribly optimistic myself, but the White Sox haven't blown the Central yet. Quite frankly, until we play the Twinkees next week, I think it's ridiculous to say they have.

CLR01
09-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by hose
It's September 13th .....do you know where your White Sox are?

First place!

If the twins were going any where with this division they would have done so already.

jabrch
09-13-2003, 10:27 AM

HEY...We are still in first place. How bout not quitting just yet?

FarWestChicago
09-13-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
HEY...We are still in first place. How bout not quitting just yet? What a novel concept. :smile:

hose
09-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
First place!

If the twins were going any where with this division they would have done so already.

Dats right !!!

There will be NO white flagging waving.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-13-2003, 10:44 AM
The fact Minnesota couldn't beat Cleveland last night ought to give everybody hope. We have the tougher path but we also have the better team.

Think of it this way. Everything that has happened the first 5-1/2 months of the season is irrelevant. Our record is EXACTLY the same as Minnesota's. How we arrived at this point--including yesterday's dual losses by the co-leaders-- is completely irrelevant.

Now there are are barely 2 weeks left and the whole enchilada is riding on what happens going forward. In the big scheme of things, it's a complete crapshoot how it will turn out.

I like our chances a whole lot more than Kansas City's. Ditto for the Flubbies, who fell out of first-place yesterday. I'll maintain my current opinion until sometime around 10 pm this evening.

FarWestChicago
09-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I like our chances a whole lot more than Kansas City's. Ditto for the Flubbies, who fell out of first-place yesterday. I'll maintain my current opinion until sometime around 10 pm this evening. Yeah, and no matter what happens, you'll bounce back again if necessary. Lord knows when Steve had the bad inning while I was at work I felt like many of the ranters. But some of us are cursed with personalities that don't let us quit until we are covered with dirt. That includes you, PHG. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
09-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, and no matter what happens, you'll bounce back again if necessary. Lord knows when Steve had the bad inning while I was at work I felt like many of the ranters. But some of us are cursed with personalities that don't let us quit until we are covered with dirt. That includes you, PHG. :smile:

Yes, but then I actually post, too. :D:

I'm cursed with too much free time I guess. :cool:

WillieHarris12
09-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Er hem...

You've got your warning Manuel...