PDA

View Full Version : What a joke

LASOXFAN
09-13-2003, 12:54 AM
Let's see, can anyone recall the Angels, Diamondbacks or Yankees, the last five winners of the world series, ever walking in so many runs or playing so badly in a game this late in the season? A game for all intents and purposes is a playoff game?

Just checking. Needed a reality check.

And to anyone who thinks Valentin is the heart of this team, I suggest an emergency transplant. I'm sick of watching that worthless piece of crap lose games for us both on the field and at the plate. Jesus, runner on third with one out and he whiffs. I don't care that the runner scored on a clutch two out hit, Valentin never does his job. Then that botched double play :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Someone stick a knife in this season and get it over with.

voodoochile
09-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Let's see, can anyone recall the Angels, Diamondbacks or Yankees, the last five winners of the world series, ever walking in so many runs or playing so badly in a game this late in the season? A game for all intents and purposes is a playoff game?

And to anyone who thinks Valentin is the heart of this team, I suggest an emergency transplant. I'm sick of watching that worthless piece of crap lose games for us both on the field and at the plate. Jesus, runner on third with one out and he whiffs. I don't care that the runner scored on a clutch two out hit, Valentin never does his job. Then that botched double play :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You fail to mention that Paulie could have easily caught that muffed throw if he had the range and speed of a three-toed sloth. Heck, I could have caught that ball. In addition, Jose also hit a homerun tonight.

Put the blame where it belongs. Koch and Wright. Two players who will factor little into any playoff scenario.

LASOXFAN
09-13-2003, 01:05 AM
You're right. I'm just so pissed that I need to vent on all these guys.

I mean, what is it with the White Sox? Why can't they turn it up a gear when it counts? In '83 I was CONVINCED that they would win it all, only to watch them fade with a mind-boggling whimper. In 2000 the same thing. Now I'm beside myself watching what I think is one of the more talented teams in the league go into early winter hibernation.

12 walks?

think about that for a moment, okay?

12 WALKS

What causes that? Fear. Insecurity. Call it what you want, it's not guts and determination or the balls to win a big game. Wunsch is just as big a puss as Koch and Wright.

FarWestChicago
09-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Someone stick a knife in this season and get it over with. As long as the Twinks and Royals lose, you won't get off that easy. :smile:

Jerko
09-13-2003, 02:58 AM
Put the blame where it belongs. Koch and Wright. Two players who will factor little into any playoff scenario.
Who made the decision to even start Wright and bring in Koch? He's part of the blame too!

LASOXFAN
09-13-2003, 03:25 AM
These last three games have all the signs of a season-ending implosion by the Sox.

NOT DRIVING IN RUNS WITH RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION

MAKING CRUCIAL ERRORS ON EASY PLAYS

WALKING 12 BATTERS IN ONE FRIGGIN GAME

While we sit on these boards hoping/praying/searching for positives, they continue to add fuel to the fire. Things are getting progressively worse and with the pressure of the divisional race and only 15 games remaining, I smell the stench of fear from 3000 miles away.

If they don't pull out of this tomorrow, this could get really, really ugly. Do you realize how much pressure is on Colon right now?

Dan H
09-13-2003, 07:39 AM
I'm with LA. We have been so taken with long and numerous home runs, that we sometimes forget just basic execution goes a long way. When you're playing tough teams, or are in a close race, the home runs will not win it for you. It is getting the man in from third with less than two outs, turning the crucial double play and just doing the little things right. No one hit over 20 homers on the 1990 Sox, and that squad won 94 games.

This team needs to wake up. With 15 games left, this is no time for a slump. They were just lucky the Twins lost their first game to the Indians.

The 7-4 loss was just plain embarrassing. Playoff teams don't play like that. It's time for the Sox to learn that Koch and Wright don't belong out there.

The Sox need to win four of the next five if they are going to have a chance at this. And even if they should win the division, it is time to take a hard look at this time. A lot is missing here.

gosox41
09-13-2003, 08:09 AM
These last three games have all the signs of a season-ending implosion by the Sox.

Thish as been going on all year.

2003 Sox: "Home Run or Bust!!!"

Bob

gosox41
09-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You fail to mention that Paulie could have easily caught that muffed throw if he had the range and speed of a three-toed sloth. Heck, I could have caught that ball. In addition, Jose also hit a homerun tonight.

But Paulie is a much better defensive first basemen then Frank.

TornLabrum
09-13-2003, 09:15 AM
You're right. I'm just so pissed that I need to vent on all these guys.

I mean, what is it with the White Sox? Why can't they turn it up a gear when it counts? In '83 I was CONVINCED that they would win it all, only to watch them fade with a mind-boggling whimper. In 2000 the same thing. Now I'm beside myself watching what I think is one of the more talented teams in the league go into early winter hibernation.

12 walks?

think about that for a moment, okay?

12 WALKS

What causes that? Fear. Insecurity. Call it what you want, it's not guts and determination or the balls to win a big game. Wunsch is just as big a puss as Koch and Wright.

We just happen to have a group of players whose sphincter muscles tend to tighten up (as Hawk would say) at the same time.

TornLabrum
09-13-2003, 09:16 AM

MAKING CRUCIAL ERRORS ON EASY PLAYS

WALKING 12 BATTERS IN ONE FRIGGIN GAME

While we sit on these boards hoping/praying/searching for positives, they continue to add fuel to the fire. Things are getting progressively worse and with the pressure of the divisional race and only 15 games remaining, I smell the stench of fear from 3000 miles away.

If they don't pull out of this tomorrow, this could get really, really ugly. Do you realize how much pressure is on Colon right now?

That's because of all those tight sphincter muscles! :D:

TornLabrum
09-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
I'm with LA. We have been so taken with long and numerous home runs, that we sometimes forget just basic execution goes a long way. When you're playing tough teams, or are in a close race, the home runs will not win it for you.

Case in point: Boston scored 7 runs last night before they had their first extra base hit.

Gumshoe
09-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Valentin, while struggling as of late at the plate, has been extremely solid all year at SS. He's made some really unbelievable plays. Like a voodoo said, this one is all on Wright and then Koch (why is he even coming in???!)

But take a look back for a second. We lose a game that might have been a lot closer (Magglio crushes a few, same with crede RIGHT at guys -- hey,that's how stuff works out some times)

I think we have to go to a 4 man now, and just stick it out. You can't afford to lose any more or blow your bullpen out because of ineffective starting pitching.

luckily, MIN is going to lose AT LEAST 1 more to CLE. Let's take advantage...

Gumshoe

34 Inch Stick
09-13-2003, 03:16 PM

Yes young Skywalker. Give in to your feelings of negativity and depression. Come join us over on the dark side of force.

Strangely enough I now feel positive about the Sox. I expected Wright to lose today. However the Indians have something over the Twins that cannot be explained (like the Tigers seem to have with us). Indians are going to take 3 of 4. We are going to take 2 of 3 and we will be going in with a 1 1/2 game lead.

I guess the yin and yang of this board indescriminately chooses its victims to impose equalibrium.