PDA

View Full Version : Im Very Angry

Hangar18
09-12-2003, 09:26 PM
that our entire 2003 season came down to this. Before anyone says your just saying that now because we Lost already. I said it earlier today ...WHY THE 5 MAN ROTATION with 16 games left?
with an Off Day coming up on Monday? why jerry?

bc2k
09-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
that our entire 2003 season came down to this. Before anyone says your just saying that now because we Lost already. I said it earlier today ...WHY THE 5 MAN ROTATION with 16 games left?
with an Off Day coming up on Monday? why jerry?

I think we've seen the end of the 5 man rotaion. Maybe a game too late, but that is Manuel's modus operandi.

luvsox56
09-12-2003, 09:37 PM
:firejerry

LongLiveFisk
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I think we've seen the end of the 5 man rotaion.

Well, if JM can't figure that out after tonight's game then we can safely say that he is the unanimous choice for the BOZO OF THE YEAR award!

OEO Magglio
09-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Well, if JM can't figure that out after tonight's game then we can safely say that he is the unanimous choice for the BOZO OF THE YEAR award!
He's had that award locked up for a long time now.

TheRockinMT
09-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Trying to remember how many pitchers have pitched for the Sox as the #5 starter? We have had basically no success for the second half have we? Why wasn't a better starter brought up from the minors, someone like rausch, who was on a hot streak? Instead we get Panaigua, who was pitching like junk squared at Charlotte. How could Manuel or Williams ever believe this guy would be able to contribute at the big league level?

duke of dorwood
09-12-2003, 09:58 PM
In another post, it was pointed out we have 3 wins from the 5 th starter in 26 starts. Its hard to overcome that. If Jon Rauch is healthy, he has got to be better than 3 for 26.

Lip Man 1
09-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Phil Rogers had a column in the Tribune I think about ten days ago where he stated that Sox 5th starters collectively had (at that time) a record of 3-10 with an ERA of about 6.50.

Wright has made two starts since then so the 5th starters record is now 3-11 with an ERA of still over six.

I think, notice I said think, Sox 5th starters have now had 26 collective starts.

I know Wright, Porzio, Cotts and Stewart have had starts, anybody else?

Lip

OEO Magglio
09-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Nope thats it and they all did such a great job. Stewart was definitely the best in that role, but that ball of the chest ruined his season.

Dadawg_77
09-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Phil Rogers had a column in the Tribune I think about ten days ago where he stated that Sox 5th starters collectively had (at that time) a record of 3-10 with an ERA of about 6.50.

Wright has made two starts since then so the 5th starters record is now 3-11 with an ERA of still over six.

I think, notice I said think, Sox 5th starters have now had 26 collective starts.

Lip

Do we count E Lo in April as a number 5 because that where he was slated to go.

FarWestChicago
09-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Do we count E Lo in April as a number 5 because that where he was slated to go. Good point. :smile:

doublem23
09-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Do we count E Lo in April as a number 5 because that where he was slated to go.

No, of course not. That wouldn't make Manuel look as stupid.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm assuming phil Rogers based his story only on pitchers who didn't get regular rotation work thus Porzio, Wright, Stewart and Cotts.

E-mail him yourself and ask.

and by the way when the season opened Loazia was not the #5 starter it was Stewart because of Wright's injury.

Lip