PDA

View Full Version : Boston Massacre?

LASOXFAN
09-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Given the Red Sox dismal history of failure which is rivaled by our own, they seem ripe for their traditional Fall fall from grace. With that in mind, check out these numbers against Suppan...

Sox vs. Suppan (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5454/batvspit?year=career&type=Pitching)

If Danny Wrong can get it right and get this trip off to a good start, we might just send the bosox on their way to inevitable disaster.

doublem23
09-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Damn right.. Time to **** these Boston bitches up.

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Tea Party! Let's throw those BoSox in the river...

FJA
09-12-2003, 03:37 PM
This could be a big game for Harold Baines, seeing as he's hit Suppan .444. :D:

LASOXFAN
09-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FJA
This could be a big game for Harold Baines, seeing as he's hit Suppan .444. :D:

Activate him now!

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 03:43 PM
I would love to share your optimism, but
there numbers don't lie:

BOSOX : .860 OPS
opp: .747 OPS

When you're team avg's > 100 OPS pts than what you allow you're one tough bitch to tame. A good reason they are 85-60.

But crazy things happen sometimes in the course of a game & we only need it to happen thrice in favor of the CHI-SOX.

Btw, for any carmines compare the sales of WHITE SOX to RED SOX.
WHITE SOX rule! Got mine on now.

Procol Harum
09-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Given the Red Sox dismal history of failure which is rivaled by our own, they seem ripe for their traditional Fall fall from grace. . . . we might just send the bosox on their way to inevitable disaster.

[In my best Montgomery Burns voice:] Excellent! Good twist on the mojo issue--if there's one AL team that might be able to out-bad luck us then it would be the Carmines.

On the other hand, I've lived through 1967 and that was the year that we blew a pennant handed to us on a silver platter while the Red Sox went from worst (in '66) to first for their first WS appeance in 21 years. DOH!! It's true, we are our history!

bc2k
09-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason
I would love to share your optimism, but
there numbers don't lie:

BOSOX : .860 OPS
opp: .747 OPS

When you're team avg's > 100 OPS pts than what you allow you're one tough bitch to tame. A good reason they are 85-60.

I see your statistics and raise you one doublem:

Originally posted by doublem23

I think dubs's concrete analysis wins today.

First 10,000 fans get molds of Garciaparra's and Graffanino's noses as paperweights. I think Graffy's nose gives the Sox the edge in intangibles.