PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVES about yesterday's game

kempsted
09-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Just for a change of pace I thought I would list a couple of good things about yesterdays game. Look past the loss and see.. :smile:

1. Loaiza shut down the twins except for the 3rd inning.

2. We were able to get opps to score - so it wasn't corpseball which I think only applies when we make defensive mistakes and go 1-2-3- 1-2-3 1-2-3- kick.

3. Billy Koch came in in the hart of the order and struck out 2. The next batter hit a gapper double not a screaming shot.

4. Schoenweis pitched well again.

So our bull pen did very well this series except the now departed Paniqua. Our starters all did well.

OK flame away. :smile: :(: :whiner: :angry:
while I just
:gulp:

Hangar18
09-12-2003, 01:09 PM
I know Koch wanted to get thru the inning, and as soon as that Double landed, he was Yanked. I know he didnt like it, but it was GOOD TO SEE HIM MAKE AN APPEARANCE WITHOUT giving up a run for ONCE. Hope he can build on that.......man how we need him to step up

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I know Koch wanted to get thru the inning, and as soon as that Double landed, he was Yanked. I know he didnt like it, but it was GOOD TO SEE HIM MAKE AN APPEARANCE WITHOUT giving up a run for ONCE. Hope he can build on that.......man how we need him to step up

I agree and even though the park gun only showed him at 93 MPH, it looked like he had some movement on the ball. He even got a called third strike on something that broke in and down. At least that was my perception sitting next to Hangar in the LF bleachers. Can anyone confirm it?

hold2dibber
09-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by kempsted
Just for a change of pace I thought I would list a couple of good things about yesterdays game. Look past the loss and see.. :smile:

2. We were able to get opps to score - so it wasn't corpseball which I think only applies when we make defensive mistakes and go 1-2-3- 1-2-3 1-2-3- kick.

3. Billy Koch came in in the hart of the order and struck out 2. The next batter hit a gapper double not a screaming shot.

4. Schoenweis pitched well again.

So our bull pen did very well this series except the now departed Paniqua. Our starters all did well.

OK flame away. :smile: :(: :whiner: :angry:
while I just
:gulp:

I'm not really worried about the Sox playing poorly - I think they'll continue to play well down the stretch. And it was good to see Koch and Schoenweiss perform well, not only because it would be very helpful down the stretch to have those two firing on all cylanders, but also because it allowed JM to rest Marte, Gordon, Wunsch and Sullivan - which could be important with Wright pitching tonight (not to demean Wright, but realistically, even if he is on his game, he's probably not going to give 'em more than 6 innings).

mandmandm
09-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by kempsted

In that inning Hunter made little attempt to get out of the way, Maggs misplayed the ball off the wall, Everett's throw was not very good, and both Alomar and Jose misplayed the ball coming in. Loaiza gave up some hits but that inning could have turned out much better.

Hondo
09-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Another positive

The game was during the day so I didnt' waste my night watching them move into a tie for first place.

Procol Harum
09-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Another positive:

I was able to quickly clear over 3 hours of space off of my TiVo last night because I was so disgusted I didn't want to look at the stinkin' game.

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 02:17 PM
I was hoping for more in this thread.

Procol Harum
09-12-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason

fvj (welcome, by the way), if we end up sweeping Boston this weekend and the Twinks drop 2 of 3 to the Tribe I dare say you might get better results than after that stinker yesterday. :)

hose
09-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason

It was $1 hot dog day.

ShoelessFred
09-12-2003, 06:57 PM
"it's over, it's all....over"