PDA

View Full Version : Gallas on Attendance

maurice
09-12-2003, 12:23 PM
From the Cub-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/slezak/cst-spt-fever12.html) (sorry if this already has been posted).

It really looks like the Sox are making a concerted effort to rebut the attendance "issue." Thanks, guys.

On a darker note, Slezak admits that harping on attendance is not realistic or optimistic, but rather pessimistic. She then goes on to explain that the Chicago media "must" be pessimistic toward the Sox.

:?:

And they wonder why we're bothered by Cub media bias.

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by maurice
From the Cub-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/slezak/cst-spt-fever12.html) (sorry if this already has been posted).

It really looks like the Sox are making a concerted effort to rebut the attendance "issue." Thanks, guys.

On a darker note, Slezak admits that harping on attendance is not realistic or optimistic, but rather pessimistic. She then goes on to explain that the Chicago media "must" be pessimistic toward the Sox.

:?:

And they wonder why we're bothered by Cub media bias.

3 million fans this season, about 50 percent more than the Sox are projected to draw. Grumble.

She must have flunked math. About 33% more than the SOX.

Indeed, ratings for Sox games on Fox Sports Net are up about 35 percent over last season. And advance ticket sales for the Yankees and Royals series have been excellent, with the Royals series nearing a sellout.

Best part of her article & reason why the SOX might make top 14 in revenue this year.

It's a question never asked, but with far superior parking & concessions at Comiskey than Wrigley I would love to see the net take in revenue betw a scrub game & SOX game.

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason
3 million fans this season, about 50 percent more than the Sox are projected to draw. Grumble.

She must have flunked math. About 33% more than the SOX.

Indeed, ratings for Sox games on Fox Sports Net are up about 35 percent over last season. And advance ticket sales for the Yankees and Royals series have been excellent, with the Royals series nearing a sellout.

Best part of her article & reason why the SOX might make top 14 in revenue this year.

It's a question never asked, but with far superior parking & concessions at Comiskey than Wrigley I would love to see the net take in revenue betw a scrub game & SOX game.

No, the flubs will draw about 3M and the Sox will draw about 2M, so in terms of the Sox projected attendance, the flubs will draw about 50% more.

In terms of flubs attendance, the Sox will draw 33% less.

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, the flubs will draw about 3M and the Sox will draw about 2M, so in terms of the Sox projected attendance, the flubs will draw about 50% more.

In terms of flubs attendance, the Sox will draw 33% less.

Someone must have flunked math.

*cough* freddyvsjason *cough

:)

thepaulbowski
09-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason

You know the Cubune Co. looks at all the parking at Sox Park and drools, $15 per car multiplied by....well you get my drift.

SouthBendSox
09-12-2003, 07:50 PM
shes just mad because carlos turned her down

Hangar18
09-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I read this article in the bar im at just now....Gallas says something that I found Incredibly STUPID in this article. On why the sox have 20K in a park while the flubs have 39K ...
"...Sometimes I look over there and I wonder why?"

I'll tell you why you idiot.......You LET THE MEDIA RUN you out with a lack of/negative publicity for years....and you IGNORED IT.

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I read this article in the bar im at just now....Gallas says something that I found Incredibly STUPID in this article. On why the sox have 20K in a park while the flubs have 39K ...

I'll tell you why you idiot.......You LET THE MEDIA RUN you out with a lack of/negative publicity for years....and you IGNORED IT.

:gallas
"I do everything I can to get walk up sales, half-price nights, sit where you want and run on the field nights, dog days, Elvis nights, Ratpack nights. What do you want, season ticket holders? I have no idea how to do that at all. That's why I have no idea why the flubbies sell so many seats."

:reinsy
"I love that man. He is the ****! Besides, it isn't Ron's fault, it is the fans fault..."

:gallas
"I agree with JR. It isn't my fault."

:fans
"It's JR's fault you morons! He chased us all off and then he hired you."

gosox41
09-13-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
shes just mad because carlos turned her down

Is this true, or was it mean to be in teal?

Bob

Dan H
09-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

That has been the problem with the Sox. They have spent too much time wondering why.

jabrch
09-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
You know the Cubune Co. looks at all the parking at Sox Park and drools, $15 per car multiplied by....well you get my drift.

And they could sell non-refundable parking in advance. With the EZOUT spots going to Premiere Tickets and Premiere selling them for 200 each...but thats not scalping. Thats not abusing the fans.