PDA

View Full Version : A Cubune article about Hawk and DJ

Hondo
09-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Read this article if you care to. I enjoyed it. But what's the story behind their rocky start? I dont' remember an on-air rfit or hearing about it.

They also have one on Rooney and Farmer

By Terry Armour
Tribune staff reporter

September 12, 2003, 11:13 AM CDT

VC EDIT: Please post links, not articles. It is a violation of copyright laws to post entire articles. Sorry for messing up your post, please feel free to edit out my edit and replace it with a link.

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Read this article if you care to. I enjoyed it. But what's the story behind their rocky start? I dont' remember an on-air rfit or hearing about it.

They also have one on Rooney and Farmer

By Terry Armour
Tribune staff reporter

September 12, 2003, 11:13 AM CDT

VC EDIT: Please post links, not articles. It is a violation of copyright laws to post entire articles. Sorry for messing up your post, please feel free to edit out my edit and replace it with a link.

Helping.
It's not a violation to post the entire article. But it is a violation to post even a part of an article w/out the link. Now there is some flexibility such as a thread. If the top of the thread contains a link to an article it's not necc to constantly include that link in every post within that thread.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030912cubssoxrtvsoxtv,1,3308336.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

If you happen to wander past a Little League or pickup game on the South Side, listen for the kids mimicking Hawk's homer call. (And not that this is any stamp of approval but ESPN frequently steals Hawkisms -- particularly "You can put it on the board . . . " -- for its baseball highlights or keeps Hawk's voice for Sox clips).

I can only think of two complaints about the broadcasts.

First of all, it's time to get rid of the "Picks to click" because it's lost its meaning.

fvj: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry:

Shoeless Joe
09-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Read this article if you care to. I enjoyed it. But what's the story behind their rocky start? I don't' remember an on-air rift or hearing about it.

I actually do recall that altercation on the air, it made some news in the paper but it was quickly shot down by Hawk and DJ right away.

Personally I think Hawk is great. Sure he might be a "homer" sometimes but when he gets angry during a game he's at his best. As far as DJ goes, he has sort of grown on me. I didn't like him when he first got here but he's starting to develop a bit of a relationship with Hawk. However, when DJ does the national TV broadcast on FOX it almost seems like he's a whole new person with Hawk not dominating the booth.

Daver
09-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason
Helping.
It's not a violation to post the entire article. But it is a violation to post even a part of an article w/out the link.

Tell that to the Tribunes lawyers and see what they say,you can quote an article,you cannot reprint it verbatim without the permission of the publisher,trust me,I checked into this with copyright experts.

SouthBendSox
09-12-2003, 08:30 PM
what was the fight about???

DrCrawdad
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
I actually do recall that altercation on the air, it made some news in the paper but it was quickly shot down by Hawk and DJ right away.

Personally I think Hawk is great. Sure he might be a "homer" sometimes but when he gets angry during a game he's at his best. As far as DJ goes, he has sort of grown on me. I didn't like him when he first got here but he's starting to develop a bit of a relationship with Hawk. However, when DJ does the national TV broadcast on FOX it almost seems like he's a whole new person with Hawk not dominating the booth.

The riff was minor and blown up by the SCORE. IIRC Hawk and DJ exchanged a few slightly angry words. Not a big deal.

For the most part, I agreed with Terry Armour's views on Hawk & DJ and Rooney & Farmer. The Cubune reporter who reviewed the TV side of the Cubs broadcast had quite a few good critical points. But when this guy reviewed Santo & Hughes, he had his nose buried way too far in the corporate ass. The guy had nothing critical to say about those two buffoons.

doublem23
09-13-2003, 02:43 AM
At least in the whole little story they put together, they ranked Joe Carter as the worst baseball announcer this city has ever been damned to listen to..

:carter
Hitting scores runs.