PDA

View Full Version : The coin flips were conducted today and...

MRKARNO
09-11-2003, 10:58 PM
If we're tied with the twins we head to Minnesota and if we're tied with the royals we head to Kauffman stadium :(:

www.whitesox.com

pudge
09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
That kinda sucks. Although I don't think we're gonna be tied... I think this division is now the Twins' to lose...

WinningUgly!
09-11-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If we're tied with the twins we head to Minnesota and if we're tied with the royals we head to Kauffman stadium :(:

www.whitesox.com

Doh! Can't even win a coin toss! :angry:

Lip Man 1
09-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Considering it's the White Sox is anybody really surprised at the outcome?

I agree though, it's not going to be an issue. The Sox could conceivably be four games out by the time they return home next Friday.

Lip

WinningUgly!
09-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

I agree though, it's not going to be an issue. The Sox could conceivably be four games out by the time they return home next Friday.

Lip

I think you'll be disappointed Lip. I see these last 2 games lighting a fire under their asses...Sox come back 2 games up. Too bad for you, huh?

MarqSox
09-12-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip
Or they could be four games up. That's asking a lot though ... my money's on a 2-game Sox lead by then.

Hangar18
09-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Figures we'd lose the coin flip. Anyone notice how the Friggin'
cubs Won thier coin toss? So if the phony Astros keep on losing, they'll STILL give the flubs a chance to win that division

1951Campbell
09-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Figures we'd lose the coin flip. Anyone notice how the Friggin'
cubs Won thier coin toss? So if the phony Astros keep on losing, they'll STILL give the flubs a chance to win that division

Hmmm...sounds a bit like all those NBA draft conspiracy theories.

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 02:49 PM
I think it's dumb to even have a playoff.

If we end in a tie with the Twinks & own the h2h, then we should be crowned div champs. Ditto with KC.

MLB should change the rule now that there are 6 divs & 19 games vs ea div team. H2H should mean more.

Chisox353014
09-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by freddyvsjason

MLB should change the rule now that there are 6 divs & 19 games vs ea div team. H2H should mean more.

It should at least mean home field advantage for a playoff game. Deciding something as important as this on the basis of a coin flip is completely ridiculous.

SouthBendSox
09-12-2003, 07:51 PM
fire manuel

ode to veeck
09-12-2003, 09:29 PM
The coin flips were conducted today and...

it was decided that the Sox still have a chance even though the Bosoxwalked away with one tonight

StepsInSC
09-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
fire manuel

LOL