PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 9/12

Lip Man 1
09-11-2003, 11:29 PM
“We beat ourselves today. We have to play better than just home run baseball . We had guys on second and third, and we have to play situation baseball and get those guys in.” -- Carl Everett to Scott Merkin of White Sox. com.

Lip

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
“We beat ourselves today. We have to play better than just home run baseball . We had guys on second and third, and we have to play situation baseball and get those guys in.” -- Carl Everett to Scott Merkin of White Sox. com.

Lip

I wish he had gone into the clubhouse and started calling people out by name. Someone needs to get this team going. Someone needs to point out that this team has no fire and isn't playing like the playoffs are on the line or even a possibility. Someone needs to crack some heads and get these guys to wake up (hunker down and cinch it up).

MRKARNO
09-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I wish he had gone into the clubhouse and started calling people out by name. Someone needs to get this team going. Someone needs to point out that this team has no fire and isn't playing like the playoffs are on the line or even a possibility. Someone needs to crack some heads and get these guys to wake up (hunker down and cinch it up).

I think frank needs to be called out for popping up every single pitch instead of trying to make good contact. TOo many times have there been runners in scoring position in a tight game and he's trying to bang one out instead of get the runners in. If he gets a double down the line, he is also then in scoring position and in very good position to tie the game or go up depending on the situation. if he's just popping up, he's going all or nothing, which is not how we're gonna win the division, because more often than not we'll come up with nothing

Lip Man 1
09-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Voodoo:

Seriously that's an interesting idea. I wonder what might have happened? Manager Gandhi might have had a stroke if things got ugly in his clubhouse afterwards. You know he doesn't adapt to pressure situations very well preferring to pass blame then take responsibility.

Lip

Paulwny
09-12-2003, 07:31 AM

I'm sure the players heard about this remark and know who Everett is talking about. Right now the last thing this team needs is a clubhouse controversy.
If he had called out a few players and it was leaked to the press most sox fans, if their favorite player was "called out", would start the "Everett's a clubhose cancer" chant.
It's up to JM and Walker to change the mind set of the batters when they step into the batter's box.
We can only hope a light bulb goes on in some heads.

thepaulbowski
09-12-2003, 08:23 AM

we don't need Boomer vs Frank round two.

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
we don't need Boomer vs Frank round two.

No, but someone needs to take these guys by the shoulders and shake them up. Okay, instead of calling out players by name, someone needs to stand up and say, "Who wants to go to the playoffs? Who is going to start playing like it? It's now or never guys."

Yeah, that is pretty obvious, but sometimes one person stating the obvious can have a huge emotional impact. You think every football player doesn't know there is a big game in front of them when the coach stands up and says, "win one for the gipper?" (or whatever). The point is sometimes on person can have a huge emotional impact, and yes, timing is everything. Now is that time with a 6 game road trip against a team that just swept us at home and the main division rival coming up.

These 6 games are going to have a HUGE impact on whether the Sox make the playoffs or not. Now is the time the Sox need a team leader. Someone who is willing to step up, make a statement and then back it up on the field. Lead with their mouth and then with their play.

GO SOX!