PDA

View Full Version : Go Sox!

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Call me crazy, but I still believe this team can make the playoffs. I still think they have more talent than the Twins. I believe the pitching staff is far superior in fact and the hitters though streaky can outscore any other team when they are on.

Go to Boston, win 2.

Go to Minnesota win 2

Come back home and sweep the Royals and Yankees and then the last 4 probably won't matter so much...

LET'S GO SOX!

Negative Fans SUCK!

TornLabrum
09-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Call me crazy, but I still believe this team can make the playoffs.

You're crazy! :D:

Lip Man 1
09-11-2003, 11:36 PM
You go Voodoo! Keep the faith! (Hal's right...)

Lip

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
You're crazy! :D:

Fine, but I'm at least a happy crazy...

Since when did being a fan revolve around being rational about the team anyway? I mean fan is short for fanatic. I don't want to be delusional about my team, but sometimes you have to step back from the reality and say, "Stranger things have happened in baseball than the Sox making the playoffs in 2003." I'm in it for the long haul and tied for first on September 11th is not exactly the worst place to be in the world, no matter how hard the schedule is...

TornLabrum
09-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Fine, but I'm at least a happy crazy...

Since when did being a fan revolve around being rational about the team anyway? I mean fan is short for fanatic. I don't want to be delusional about my team, but sometimes you have to step back from the reality and say, "Stranger things have happened in baseball than the Sox making the playoffs in 2003." I'm in it for the long haul and tied for first on September 11th is not exactly the worst place to be in the world, no matter how hard the schedule is...

One of the things that I wish came out more in my columns than apparently does (at least judging from the Hal's/Boards' Negativity Sux" thread) is that I'm going on the same roller coaster ride as everyone else here and loving every minute of it.

The only difference is that I "know" that the cars on the coaster are gonna eventually be derailed and we're going to crash. (See H. Vickery's Law.)

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
One of the things that I wish came out more in my columns than apparently does (at least judging from the Hal's/Boards' Negativity Sux" thread) is that I'm going on the same roller coaster ride as everyone else here and loving every minute of it.

The only difference is that I "know" that the cars on the coaster are gonna eventually be derailed and we're going to crash. (See H. Vickery's Law.)

More hokum and mumbo-jumbo... Murphy was wrong too, but I suppose that fits into his law as well...

MRKARNO
09-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Boers, Bernstein, North and Buffone in June:

"The sox have no chance this year"

Well these people were convinced the sox were done early, so I'm not convinced that the sox are done until the twins lead is mathematically insurmountable. Then I will believe such statements. Until then, I am keeping hope that the sox will come out the victors. WHo knows? Detroit has looked mediocre against the yankees, why cant they be good enough to beat the twins? I think the tigers are good enough to beat the twins in at least 2 or 3 games out of the 7 because the tigers dont want to lose 120 games. The indians pitching is really good and they've looked a lot better as of late.

FJA
09-11-2003, 11:57 PM
I'm optimistic (maybe even irrationally) until the second Minnesota series is over. The reason being, the Twins have only won five of 13 games against Cleveland. Cleveland just won two of three in KC. They showed earlier this season they are capable of going on a little tear. As we all know, Cleveland, while their record might not reflect it, does not lay down and take their beating a la the Detroit Tigers. If we can take two of three in Boston and reluctantly put on our Jndjans hat for a few hours this weekend, we might be surprised how quickly we can have a lead again. It might not happen, but it's reasonable enough to hope. Then we go into Minnesota, win the series there, and welcome back White Sox. Next week this time, I think we'll have a good idea whether or not we're going to make the playoffs.

IronFisk
09-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Hey, that's why they play the games. Let it all play out, and maybe we all will be celebrating come October.

If it doesn't swing our way, oh well. After all those heartaches of the 80's (Bears mainly, but a couple of Bulls, and one BIG Sox), I basically gave up fretting about this. I just shrug and say, whatever - what can I do about it.

GO SOX! I will go down with this ship, or sail her into glory. Either way, it's great we have come this far. Maybe next time, we can get a better start! :D:

captain54
09-12-2003, 01:04 AM
I'm in it for the long haul and tied for first on September 11th is not exactly the worst place to be in the world, no matter how hard the schedule is...

It's not the worst place to be in the world, but it certainly isn't the greatest considering that we could be at least 5 or 6 games up if it wasn't for a manager who has sabotaged this season by:

1)assembling line-ups that seemingly have no rhyme or reason, or are strictly by the book......basically the only time they do work is when the Sox are pounding the hell out of the ball....

2)repeatedly killing the momentum and mojo of the team with decisions that play into the opponents hands...

3)alienating certain players on the team by passing the team's failure off of himself....

The White Sox now have a tough road to hoe and there is absolutely no room for error....every game, every pitch, every play, every at bat is critical....and it never should have gotten to this point...that's why people are negative and frustrated....

Jerry Manuel will more than likely be replaced if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.....that's the only optimistic thing to look forward to in my book....

doublem23
09-12-2003, 01:07 AM
Damn right! It's already been decided, we're winning the ****.

voodoochile
09-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by captain54
It's not the worst place to be in the world, but it certainly isn't the greatest considering that we could be at least 5 or 6 games up if it wasn't for a manager who has sabotaged this season by:

1)assembling line-ups that seemingly have no rhyme or reason, or are strictly by the book......basically the only time they do work is when the Sox are pounding the hell out of the ball....

2)repeatedly killing the momentum and mojo of the team with decisions that play into the opponents hands...

3)alienating certain players on the team by passing the team's failure off of himself....

The White Sox now have a tough road to hoe and there is absolutely no room for error....every game, every pitch, every play, every at bat is critical....and it never should have gotten to this point...that's why people are negative and frustrated....

Jerry Manuel will more than likely be replaced if the Sox fail to make the playoffs.....that's the only optimistic thing to look forward to in my book....

Oh, I see. You must have missed this part of my original post. I'll repeat it for you now...

Negative Fans SUCK!

Nothing that can be done about the past and nothing can be accomplishe by crying about the past. I am no fan of JM's, but there is still enough talent on this team to win the division. Heck, people think there is enough talent to win the WS, so how can there NOT be enough to win 11 or 12 of the last 16?

GO SOX!

soxruleEP
09-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Oh, I see. You must have missed this part of my original post. I'll repeat it for you now...

Nothing that can be done about the past and nothing can be accomplishe by crying about the past. I am no fan of JM's, but there is still enough talent on this team to win the division. Heck, people think there is enough talent to win the WS, so how can there NOT be enough to win 11 or 12 of the last 16?

GO SOX!

Right on Voodoo--and I have been one of the biggest Manuel haters.

If we can win 12 of the last 16, I think we'll be in. It might even be fewer if the Indians give us the help I think they will.

hell--even the Tigers might win one or two.

Bobby Thigpen
09-12-2003, 12:03 PM
I would much rather have to go through the hardest teams in the League and win the division than the weakest and get to the playoffs and get smoked in the first round. If the Sox win the division by going the hard way, we all could be in for a great October. If they don't win the division then they don't deserve to get in the playoffs since it would probably be a short trip anyway. I fully expect the Twins to get murdered in the first round of the playoffs if they make it.

Edit- And by the way GO SOX!!

LASOXFAN
09-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Voodoo I'm with you!!

So much baseball left to play. The Sox could easily get the bats hot again this weekend against the lowly Boston bullpen and ride that right into the crapdome and rip the Twins to shreds.

Let's hope Randa was wrong and that this team does indeed have a heart. The Twins stepped up their game in the last two, now it's our turn.

GO SOX!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Smiley Joe Randa just threw KC's heart, I mean the ball, into right field.

This division is ours!

MRKARNO
09-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Pessimism is for April and May. Optimism is for September and October.

freddyvsjason
09-12-2003, 04:31 PM

Go to Boston, win 2.
Go to Minnesota win 2

Come back home and sweep the Royals and Yankees and then the last 4 probably won't matter so much...

LET'S GO SOX!

Negative Fans SUCK! [/B]

Even if we win 8/12 from BOS, MIN, NYY, & KC, the last 4 will still mean a lot.

MIN's smallest win total the rest of the way is prob 10. The SOX can ill afford to lose any series the rest of the way.