PDA

View Full Version : Police Vs. Fire at U.S. Cellular Saturday

MikeKreevich
09-11-2003, 08:55 PM
If you wan't to see a baseball game where the intensity and hustle will be intense and the rivalry is a good one, go to U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday, September 13. Gates open at 12:30 P.M. and all seats are $5. The game starts at 1:00. The Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Fire Department will be playing for bragging rights. It's first come first seated and you can sit anywhere, even first row behind the dugout. The vendors will be serving beer and food as usual. All proceeds go to charity.
I'm pulling for the smoke eaters.

LuvSox
09-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
I'm pulling for the smoke eaters.

You're damn right!!!!!!!!

Dadawg_77
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
I have to go with the Blue Shields in this one.

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Who won?

MikeKreevich
09-14-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Who won?
Chicago Police 8, Fire 6

LuvSox
09-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Chicago Police 8, Fire 6

Lousy coppers

FarmerAndy
09-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Chicago Police 8, Fire 6

It was a fun game. It's nice to go to the ballpark and have a brat even when the Sox are on the road.

The police dominated most of the game. It was 8-0 going into the bottom of the 7th. But the firefighters made it pretty interesting by scoring 6 runs and almost coming back to win.

I was expectiong a goofy game, kinda like the all-star celebrity game. But this was a full-on real baseball game. I only wish it had gone a full 9 innings instead of 7.

It was a great time.

daveeym
09-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
It was a fun game. It's nice to go to the ballpark and have a brat even when the Sox are on the road.

The police dominated most of the game. It was 8-0 going into the bottom of the 7th. But the firefighters made it pretty interesting by scoring 6 runs and almost coming back to win.

I was expectiong a goofy game, kinda like the all-star celebrity game. But this was a full-on real baseball game. I only wish it had gone a full 9 innings instead of 7.

It was a great time.

I take it Manuel stepped in and brought Paniagua in for the 7th?

shane
09-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

It was a great time.

Did anybody send one out of the park? That would be quite impressive if they did.

CHISOXFAN13
09-15-2003, 03:12 PM
None this year, but in last years game there were three homers.

The CFD has a first baseman named Todd Shewchuk who nearly hit for the cycle last season, but the CPD walked him intentioanlly in the final AB.

Bob Ramirez hit one that almost landed on the concourse last season for the coppers.

Ofcourse, the aluminum helps, but that's a bomb any way you cut it.