PDA

View Full Version : In light of this year.......

Jurr
09-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Due to the fact that dental boards are almost upon me, I MAY be unable to post very much here, to the delight of you negativity buffs out there.
But, this year, I must say, regardless of the eventual outcome, has been a lot of fun.
Watching sports will never be as fun as playing them, but when you get such an emotional attachment (stemming from over 20 years or more) to a team, you get brought along with the emotions of the team.
For that reason (entertainment), I must say that I have been pleased with the 2003 season. This team started off very lackluster, losing games left and right, leading us to refills of Prozac.
Then, the Cubs series happened, which has to be the zenith of moments this season. The hibernating bats of the Sox came to life, and we saw an intense series that gave us pride to be Sox fans.
Follow that up with the acquisitions of Alomar and Everett, and we saw them explode on Minnesota. The peak of happiness this season happened when Frank unloaded that bomb in the 12th to beat the Twins, especially after PK came back from the dead to hit the clutch homer in the 9th.
After that, the Sox slumped a little bit, but ended up clobbering folks after the all star break. Eventually, this team was in first (and still is, I believe!!). After all that had transpired, we are still in first!
I watch sports (and especially the Sox) to get entertained. It doesn't make my organs run, it doesn't pay my bills. If they win, I'm elated, and if they lose, I'm pissed. But regardless, I'm entertained.
In years that the boys have been out of it by August, I've felt like I didn't get a return on the emotional investment I put into it all.
This year has been much different, and will continue to be. It's September 11, and our guys are in first, battling for a spot in the big dance. It looks bleak that they'll be playing in October, but it's possible! Regardless, they've made the emotional investment worth while, and I'm proud as hell to be a Sox fan amongst fans like you all.
I may be able to check in from time to time, but I doubt I'll be able to brighten up the constant funerals in here as much as I have been. But, y'all, it's been fun!!!!!

Go Sox.

bc2k
09-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Due to the fact that dental boards are almost upon me,

I didn't know there were dentists in Tennessee?

hose
09-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Due to the fact that dental boards are almost upon me, I MAY be unable to post very much here, to the delight of you negativity buffs out there.
But, this year, I must say, regardless of the eventual outcome, has been a lot of fun.
Watching sports will never be as fun as playing them, but when you get such an emotional attachment (stemming from over 20 years or more) to a team, you get brought along with the emotions of the team.
For that reason (entertainment), I must say that I have been pleased with the 2003 season. This team started off very lackluster, losing games left and right, leading us to refills of Prozac.
Then, the Cubs series happened, which has to be the zenith of moments this season. The hibernating bats of the Sox came to life, and we saw an intense series that gave us pride to be Sox fans.
Follow that up with the acquisitions of Alomar and Everett, and we saw them explode on Minnesota. The peak of happiness this season happened when Frank unloaded that bomb in the 12th to beat the Twins, especially after PK came back from the dead to hit the clutch homer in the 9th.
After that, the Sox slumped a little bit, but ended up clobbering folks after the all star break. Eventually, this team was in first (and still is, I believe!!). After all that had transpired, we are still in first!
I watch sports (and especially the Sox) to get entertained. It doesn't make my organs run, it doesn't pay my bills. If they win, I'm elated, and if they lose, I'm pissed. But regardless, I'm entertained.
In years that the boys have been out of it by August, I've felt like I didn't get a return on the emotional investment I put into it all.
This year has been much different, and will continue to be. It's September 11, and our guys are in first, battling for a spot in the big dance. It looks bleak that they'll be playing in October, but it's possible! Regardless, they've made the emotional investment worth while, and I'm proud as hell to be a Sox fan amongst fans like you all.
I may be able to check in from time to time, but I doubt I'll be able to brighten up the constant funerals in here as much as I have been. But, y'all, it's been fun!!!!!

Go Sox.

I hope you ace you test and open your own practice . I would love to see Peirzinski or Meininshevavitezxwz walk into your office. Get the hammer drill out . :)