PDA

View Full Version : Pauly in Bridgeport?

jortafan
09-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Couldn't help but notice the following item from Mike Sneed's column in Thursday's Sun-Times.

"Dugout dirt . . .

Sneed hears White Sox slugging first baseman Paul Konerko recently bought a double lot in Bridgeport -- the land known as Daleyville -- with the intent of building a home.

*Fact: Bridgeport also borders U.S. Cellular Field, the home of the White Sox. Guess Konerko wants to be close to work."

Admittedly, Sneed doesn't have the best track record for accuracy. But it got me to wondering when the last time was that a White Sox player actually lived near the ballpark. Does anyone out there have a clue?

Here's the link to the column, if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.suntimes.com/index/sneed.html

thepaulbowski
09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
I've heard he was going to buy the land, but then decided against it. Then again these are all rumors.

Maybe his miserable first half had him thinking he was going to be moved

maurice
09-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood, Pauly. He must have seen some of the mansions popping up across the street from me and wanted in.

I understand why Bulls and Bears players want to live in the suburbs (near their Deerfield and Lake Forest sports complexes), but more Sox and Cubs players should take advantage of the benefits of city life.

inta
09-11-2003, 11:46 AM
didn't Gracie live in boystown... err, i mean Lakeview?

ewokpelts
09-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Gracie had a place in Wrigleyville and roomed with a couple of then-Flubs. Prior's in Lincoln Park, and the rest of the Sox that reside in Chicago are in the west or SW burbs.
Gene

ewokpelts
09-11-2003, 11:56 AM
That last sentence sounded like Prior's a Sox player. Meant to say : "any sox players that reside in the Chicago areas are in teh west or SW burbs":
Gene

34 Inch Stick
09-11-2003, 12:18 PM
It's easy to find the answer, but then again I wouldn't expect Sneed to actually work for a living. Go down to the basement of the Recorder of Deed's office. Ask to find the most recently recorded document for that address.

whitesoxwilkes
09-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Gracie had a place in Wrigleyville and roomed with a couple of then-Flubs. Prior's in Lincoln Park, and the rest of the Sox that reside in Chicago are in the west or SW burbs.
Gene

Not all Sox players are in the SW burbs. Jon Garland lives in the South Loop.

MRKARNO
09-11-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Frank lives in Lincoln Park

LuvSox
09-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Not all Sox players are in the SW burbs. Jon Garland lives in the South Loop.

Garland must be single. That's where I'd live!

thepaulbowski
09-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

I thought Frank had a huge place in Oakbrook he was trying to sell?

MRKARNO
09-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
I thought Frank had a huge place in Oakbrook he was trying to sell?

I think he just moved into Lincoln Park

hose
09-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Welcome to the neighborhood, Pauly. He must have seen some of the mansions popping up across the street from me and wanted in.

I understand why Bulls and Bears players want to live in the suburbs (near their Deerfield and Lake Forest sports complexes), but more Sox and Cubs players should take advantage of the benefits of city life.

What do homes go for around the park?

maurice
09-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by hose
What do homes go for around the park?

It depends. An uninhabitable, 3BR/1BA, 120-year-old hovel can be had for the bargain basement price of $200K, but you'd probably need to demolish it. Smallish condos now sell for upwards of $300K. A new 3BR/3BA with amenities will cost $440K. The bigger, newer houses (take a walk down Normal or Parnell between 33rd and Pershing, or check out the develpment at 33rd and Racine) can run in excess of $650K.

Hangar18
09-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Frank lives out here where I work, In OakBrook.
According to the ALoha's, Buehrle lives in Hinsdale IL.

doublem23
09-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Man... If I had any money, I'd be investing in property around "The Cell..." That land value is going to skyrocket in a few years.

cheeses_h_rice
09-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Frank lives out here where I work, In OakBrook.
According to the ALoha's, Buehrle lives in Hinsdale IL.

Can the Alohis indicate the general vicinity of where MB lives, if they know? E.g. north of the train tracks, south of 55th, etc.? My mom lives in H-dale and I'm sure she'd get a kick out of that.

steff
09-12-2003, 04:37 PM
2 months late.. but she's right on this one.

hose
09-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by maurice
It depends. An uninhabitable, 3BR/1BA, 120-year-old hovel can be had for the bargain basement price of $200K, but you'd probably need to demolish it. Smallish condos now sell for upwards of $300K. A new 3BR/3BA with amenities will cost $440K. The bigger, newer houses (take a walk down Normal or Parnell between 33rd and Pershing, or check out the develpment at 33rd and Racine) can run in excess of $650K.

My only hope is that my house in Mt. Prospect continues to increase at or near the same as Bridgeport .

Bridgeport for the summer and Arizona or New Mexico for the winter.

:wanne
"Hose has all the pieces in place." :D: