PDA

View Full Version : Prediction question

LASOXFAN
09-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Just curious what some of you think about these odds heading into tomorrow's game:

If they win tomorrow, do you think the Sox can go 10-6 over the remaining 16 games and win the division? Something like...

Wins/Games
2/3 at BOSTON
1/3 at MINN
3/3 KC
2/3 NY
3/4 at KC

For a 10-6 finish

That assumes we win tomorrow and the Twins go something like...

Wins/Games
2/3 at CLE
2/3 CHI
3/3 DET
1/2 CLE
3/4 at DET

11-5, which would give us a one game lead at the end.

Does anyone else see this scenario as realistic? :?:

FJA
09-11-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LASOXFAN
Just curious what some of you think about these odds heading into tomorrow's game:

If they win tomorrow, do you think the Sox can go 10-6 over the remaining 16 games and win the division? Something like...

Wins/Games
2/3 at BOSTON
1/3 at MINN
3/3 KC
2/3 NY
3/4 at KC

For a 10-6 finish

That assumes we win tomorrow and the Twins go something like...

Wins/Games
2/3 at CLE
2/3 CHI
3/3 DET
1/2 CLE
3/4 at DET

11-5, which would give us a one game lead at the end.

Does anyone else see this scenario as realistic? :?:

Wow ... when you break it down like that ...

I think this illustrates not only the importance of tomorrow, but the importance of the Metrodome series. We need to go in there like it's do or die and hope the Twins play with the thought that they have the easier schedule remaining.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Cleveland wins the series this weekend ... Cleveland seems to have Minnesota's number, for whatever reason. If we can somehow pick up a game playing at Boston, I'll feel really good about things going into next week's Twins series.

We can't really be counting on anyone to beat Minnesota.

LASOXFAN
09-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by FJA

Especially those last 6 that they play - two against Cleveland at home then 4 on the road in Detroit. Pisses me off that the Sox are the only team in our division - check that, the WHOLE league - who has trouble with Detroit.

Don't be surprised to see a playoff game. And I hate to say it, but checking the rotation, it looks like the Twins could pitch Santana on 4 days rest for that deciding game.

jabrch
09-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by FJA

That's it...in a nutshell. We are in control of our own destiny, but we must win games to do it. From now on, the game we are playing that day is the single most important game of the season, until the next one, or until we clinch. There can be no days off. There can be no rest. GO WHITE SOX!

34 Inch Stick
09-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I think 10-6 is realistic although by a little bit different path. I see 1 and 2 in Boston, 2 and 1 in Minny, 3 and 0 versus KC, 1 and 2 versus Yanks, 3 and 1 at KC. I also see us winning today to give us a 2 game lead.

Now I see Minny going 2 and 1 in Cle, 1 and 2 against us, 3 and 0 against Det, 1 and 1 against Cle and 3 and 1 against Detroit for a 10 and 6 record.

That means a 2 game win in the division. Close enough to give me palpitations.

South Sider
09-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Wow...All of you are so optimistic

As I posted yesterday....last nights game was the real important game. It would've made todays game and maybe all games ahead so much easier if the Sox had won this game and have clinched at least a 2 game advantage and maybe more .

So the same goes with todays game.

If they win today....then all your predictions looks realistic to me.

But if we throw todays game away.....watch out and see the Sox fall into a deep hole like

1-2 at BOS
1-2 at MIN
2-1 vs KC
1-2 vs NYY
2-2 at KC

With 7-9 it is not neccessary to predict the Twinkies Games

Hopefully I'm wrong with my predictions.

But my stumache tells me something really different.

Go Sox

Go Sox

Go Sox

Please start to hit the routine line drives....then we are in good shape

CHISOXFAN13
09-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Optimistic??

No, it's called being realistic.

The Sox have the BEST record in baseball since the ASB, and I'm sorry, we won't struggle to win games like that.

I'd be surprised with anything less than 9-7 the rest of the way.

South Sider
09-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Would be great.

But if we loose today.....9-7 won't be enough.

Lets hope for the best

Go Sox !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHISOXFAN13
09-11-2003, 10:37 AM
The Twins are 5-8 against Cleveland this year.

I don't know we should believe this trend will change. Santana can only pitch once every five days.

Gumshoe
09-11-2003, 10:50 AM
last night's game was huge, because I think if we won that, that was our straight ticket. MIN wasn't going to make up 4 games with 15 or so left. But now we must win today to really still feel solid and w/o pressure.

We'll see how it goes. It'll be tough, but we can do it, because we are the best. Unfortunately, the best don't always win.

Gumshoe