PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV Offers

dougs78
09-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Just got back from MLB.com and signing up for the MLB.tv promotion. If you sign up to get 8 issues of Sports Illustrated for free, then you get MLB.tv free for the rest of September. Of course I'll be cancelling my new subscription at the earliest possible moment and owe them nothing.

For those of you fearful of such offers, they also have a 99 cent promotion to access all the games for a given day. I believe this will be in effect for the rest of the season.

However, I'll have to say I'm a little disappointed in the broadcast. I just flipped on a game and it was very delayed and constantly freezing. It recommends a 300 or 350 DSL connection while I only have 256, but I really didn't think it would make this much difference.

Just thought I'd pass this along to any out of town Sox fans with high-speed.

ode to veeck
09-10-2003, 11:55 PM
I've been watching sox on mlbtv on my SBL DSL here on the left coast since the 1st of Sept--works great most of the time, plus I can post and chat during the game at WSI all on the same screen--cost about 12 bucks for a month--beat the 1/2 season price at directTV which I passed on as I was out of town most of the summer

Chisox_cali
09-11-2003, 12:05 AM
I've been pleased with my service all season long with MLB.TV, very few cut-outs. I was surprised that it worked so well. The only problems I had were that sometimes they didn't have a Sox game available, which I can't really change, and I wish that I could have a choice in which announce team I get, because some other teams announcers and brutal...

Nick@Nite
09-11-2003, 12:14 AM
I bought the mlb.tv September package deal, and still can't get it to work. Each time I try it says I don't have enough band-with.

The mlb.audio works great. I've been listening to Rooney & Farmer, while getting the "rest of the story" from fellow Sox fans in the WSI chat-room. Only thing about mlb.audio, it's about 10 to 15 seconds behind the live action. So, when Flash strikes someone out, I see the K's or HeGawn before hearing it from Rooney/Farmer (but that's OK :smile: )

I will say that the mlb.audio was inexplicably turned off at the mlb website during last night's game... right when Panny was pouring gasoline on the fire! Of course, I received play-by-play in the chat room, thankfully!!!

(I e-mailed mlb.com about the plug being pulled, and haven't received a reply :angry: )

shane
09-11-2003, 12:41 AM
My current DSL download rate is 1.5 megs but I still have problems with streaming video. You also need a good video card, and that's what I'm lacking. 256 should actually work just fine, so it may be a memory issue.

humansushi
09-11-2003, 02:04 AM
I'm envious of you all. I live in Japan and am only allowed to sign up for the radio broadcasts. On occasion when someones home at my folks' house, They put the webcam in front of the big screen for me, which is the best I can get!