PDA

View Full Version : Paniagua released

MHOUSE
09-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Per Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000. Good for the Sox. Give him another chance at the bigs and he gives up 4 runs and gets childishly tossed. We've got enough depth without that crap. Good job KW.

NewyorkSoxFan
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Thank god, he sucked!!! To think that guy almost singlehandly beat us in 00'.

NYSF

pudge
09-10-2003, 04:30 PM
After '00 he was terrible, take it from someone in Seattle who watched him all season. Glad he's gone.

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pudge
After '00 he was terrible, take it from someone in Seattle who watched him all season. Glad he's gone.

What the hell happened to him? He was dominant in Seattle in 2000. Last night he couldn't even hit 90 on the gun. Dead arm.

Unregistered
09-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Later, Panny! Can't say it's been fun...

:gascan

Best news I've heard all day, without a doubt. I thought KW and JM were gonna trot his tired ass out there at least once more until they released him...

:hawk
"Awesome."

34 Inch Stick
09-10-2003, 04:45 PM
It's good to see that KW is sending the message that bad public appearances will not be tolerated by the organization. Hopefully there will not be a third person after White and Paniagua.

Chisox353014
09-10-2003, 04:46 PM
To steal a line from Steve Rosenbloom, what was your favorite moment from the Jose Paniagua era?

chosk8
09-10-2003, 04:48 PM

"He Gone"

Hangar18
09-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Wow that was Fast. He looked Amazingly bad last nite. I cant get over some of the Very Good Decisions the White Sox have been making lately ...

Brian26
09-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Beautiful, Kenny.

I was at the game last night, and as soon as I saw him start jawing with the umpire as he came off the mound, I thought he should be released. The Sox are in the pennant race right now, and that LAST thing we need is a psycho like this rattling up the umpires.

This sends a nice message to our team, the umpires and the fans.

Perfect solution to this mess.

Thanks Again, KW.

voodoochile
09-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by chosk8

"He Gone"

I fixed your post, because you don't need to upload that picture to get it into your post. It already is on the site and has a html tag for it. that tag can be seen by using the quote feature to view your own post now.

To use a tag, just find it in the list of tags to the right of every message reply box. Click on the "Get More" link to see the entire collection. A tag is a single word with a : in front of it. For example :+hawk without the + gives you

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 05:47 PM
:threadsucks

This thread doesn't really suck, I just wanted to show him what happens when you put :+threadsucks without the +

:D:

LASOXFAN
09-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Maybe bread and water can sign on with the Astros and share a room with Rick White.

Hangar18
09-10-2003, 05:58 PM
I wonder how much the Game Worn Paniagua jersey
is going to go for at SoxFest next year ?

Brian26
09-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Heh heh.

That'll be on the same rack as the Brian Simmons, Chris Sabo, and Carlos Castillo black Sunday jerseys. I see those every year.

Tragg
09-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Per Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000. Good for the Sox. Give him another chance at the bigs and he gives up 4 runs and gets childishly tossed. We've got enough depth without that crap. Good job KW.
That's the thing that pisses me off about our management. One night, Kenny Manuel thinks he's finisher material - the next day he is released. It shouldn't take nearly blowing a game to determine he has no arm. Similarly, if he was finisher material yesterday, one bad game should not warrant a release. Which is it???

And we saw this with Foulke last year, albeit on a different level. ONe day he's the closer - after a bad outing or two, he would not be allowed to finish a game no matter what. Clayton same thing - not only did they refuse to take him out of the lineup, they wouldn't pinch hit for the stiff. Then one day, poof, he's out of the lineup and never played again. If he was that bad, he should have been a utility player, at best, during the entire time he started (which is how I saw it - he never should have been a starter on the Sox).

ode to veeck
09-11-2003, 12:20 AM
and *** did it take two years to figure it out for Choice ...

Viva Magglio
09-11-2003, 12:21 AM
According to the Score's David Schuster, Paniagua got released after Jerry Reinsdorf walked into the front office and removed Paniagua's picture from the wall. He then gave the photo to a PR person and said, "We won't be needing this one anymore."

Way to go JR!

inta
09-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
That's the thing that pisses me off about our management. One night, Kenny Manuel thinks he's finisher material - the next day he is released. It shouldn't take nearly blowing a game to determine he has no arm. Similarly, if he was finisher material yesterday, one bad game should not warrant a release. Which is it???

i think it's his actions after he was removed from the game that got him the boot. we dont need the umps to turn against us down the stretch.

Lip Man 1
09-11-2003, 01:41 AM
Some people have been arguing all season that the umpires are ALREADY against the Sox.

(and no I'm not one of them but I know who is...)

Lip

voodoochile
09-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by inta
i think it's his actions after he was removed from the game that got him the boot. we dont need the umps to turn against us down the stretch.

I agree. This was a move to keep the focus on playing the games and making the playoffs. No need to start a war (the umps are human too) and you definitely don't want the Sox to start focusing on whether the umps are screwing them. Play the games better than the other team and let the chips fall where they may...

rahulsekhar
09-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Brian26
Heh heh.

That'll be on the same rack as the Brian Simmons, Chris Sabo, and Carlos Castillo black Sunday jerseys. I see those every year.

The big advantage the Castillo jersey would have of course, is that in a pinch you can use it as a tent to house a family of 8.....

thepaulbowski
09-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

And we saw this with Foulke last year, albeit on a different level. ONe day he's the closer - after a bad outing or two, he would not be allowed to finish a game no matter what. Clayton same thing - not only did they refuse to take him out of the lineup, they wouldn't pinch hit for the stiff. Then one day, poof, he's out of the lineup and never played again. If he was that bad, he should have been a utility player, at best, during the entire time he started (which is how I saw it - he never should have been a starter on the Sox).

His realease had nothing to do with performance, it was the display after he was replaced on the mound. Giving the ump the finger, we don't need idiots like that on this team. Great Job JR & KW!

Bucktown
09-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
His realease had nothing to do with performance, it was the display after he was replaced on the mound. Giving the ump the finger, we don't need idiots like that on this team. Great Job JR & KW!
On the radio broadcast last night they hinted that JR himself took care of this. KW gets NO credit. He was the one that moved this rubber armed, head case from some distant land to our major league bullpen. Kenny, we don't need any more washed up players for the stretch run.