PDA

View Full Version : Great Signs!

BeerHandle
09-10-2003, 02:32 PM
There have been some great signs at the park during the first two games of the Twins series. Keep them coming. Great job fans!

kingpin_rcs
09-10-2003, 03:07 PM
My favorite was the one that had a picture of "Twinkie the Kid" and read:

"Twinkies Expiration Date: Sept. 2003"

I was busting up laughing at that one - classic!

BeerHandle
09-10-2003, 03:12 PM
I liked Colon Smells Pennant.

Chisox353014
09-10-2003, 03:16 PM
I saw a "Fire Jerry Manuel" one on Monday in the left field bleachers. Must have been someone from WSI.

Hangar18
09-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
My favorite was the one that had a picture of "Twinkie the Kid" and read:

"Twinkies Expiration Date: Sept. 2003"

I was busting up laughing at that one - classic!

Wish i saw that. thats excellent. HEY PEOPLE.....dont just write with a magic marker your sign.....people cant see it from Across the Park. just a helpful tip from your friendly neighborhood Media Watchdog. MAKE IT BIGGGGGGGG. wait till you people see my sign Tomorrow!

Clembasbal
09-10-2003, 05:30 PM
The first game of the series had a terrible sign, one I was surprised made it on TV.

It was a 12 yr old girl holding a sign which read...

"We are Cub Fans coming to the Southside to watch baseball. But were are the rest of you Sox Fans?"

I can't believe they aired that...I am upset with FSN with showing that.

And....GO Sox... I will be at my thrid game of this series and like 30th of the year tonight.

Peace :gulp:

MarqSox
09-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I saw a strange sign Monday night. It said "You can put it on the board, Yes. AM 1000 :)"

Now, two things are wrong with this. First, the radio guys don't use that phrase.

More significantly, however ... the whole point of putting a station plug on your sign is to get the station to show it. But last I checked, AM 1000 doesn't show signs. THEY'RE A RADIO STATION!

kingpin_rcs
09-10-2003, 06:26 PM
the whole point of putting a station plug on your sign is to get the station to show it.

I saw that sign too and thought it was odd - ironic, however, that their sign made it onto the TV- and we are talking about it a day later.