PDA

View Full Version : Do you bring a glove to the game?

scottmt
09-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Do any of you bring your glove to games? How often has your glove proven useful? Any interesting stories?

A.T. Money
09-10-2003, 01:53 PM
I don't like your "NO" answer, because I would bring my glove if I was in a foul territory section where a line shot might come my way.

But I sit in the bleachers, and I had one homer touch my hand this year, which I'm sure my glove would have come in handy. But since homeruns don't come my way all that often, I just don't worry about it. I'm not afraid to barehand it.

MarqSox
09-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Remember that Miller Lite commercial a few years ago with Will Ferrell? "You go to the game, and your friend brings his glove. WHAT, DO YOU THINK THEY'RE GONNA ASK YOU TO PLAY, YA MORON?!" :D:

Mo308oM
09-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I had one homer touch my hand this year, which I'm sure my glove would have come in handy.

yea same thing happend to me.. if i had my glove im sure i could have had it.

QueerGirrl
09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
When I take my nephew to games we bring our gloves because it's fun (he's 11). But when I go with adults I don't bring it because I'd look like a fool (even more so than normal).

:smile:

Bobby Thigpen
09-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, apparently I am the only wuss that has voted so far.

Yeah I take my glove, but it has helped me catch two fowl balls at games I have been to in the past. I don't necessarily wear it all the time, but I kind of just put on my knee in case one comes screaming down the line. I'd much rather catch the ball and have a souveneir (sp) than come out of it bloody like some people I've seen at games.

Besides, most of the people that would call me a wuss are the ones who act like the end of the world has just happened because they lost reception on their cell phones while at the game. Those are people I would call wusses.

shane
09-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I take mine as well. The only ball I've ever caught was a Robin Ventura ball, and I gave it to a kid that was trying to get it, but didn't stand a chance against the adults. I use a glove, but the ball has to come to me. I'm not one of these idiots that dives 4 rows forward to snag a ball and then dances around on TV, looking like Special Ed from Crank Yankers, "I gahd a ball! I gahd a ball! I gahd e-mail!!" Those guys usually don't have gloves.

hold2dibber
09-10-2003, 03:24 PM
I bring my glove when I go with my kids because they bring theirs and they get a kick out of it. In my entire life, however, the only time I have been even remotely close to getting a ball is when Juan Gonzalez hit a screaming line drive up to the club level a few years ago and a guy one row in front of me and a couple seats to the right deflected it off of my chin. A mitt wouldn't have helped me that day - only some Bartolo Colon-like reflexes would have. (The bozo in front of me ended up with the ball; I ended up with a gushing wound on my chin.)